The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

3rd_W,

Now here Frank is making another exception. Why frank?

The difference is that 1 Corinthians 15 specifically says there is an "exception." It even uses the word. So, the reason why "Frank" makes an exception is because the Bible writer says so. Now, let's see the WT Society show us where a Bible writer spells out that Christ received more authority in 1914 than he already possessed from the time of his exaltion to the Father's right hand.

If Christ received greater authority in 1914 than he already had, we must assume that his authority became greater than the Father's. That is not what JWs teach, but that is the logical conclusion that must be reached on the basis of their 1914 heresy.

Frank

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    If Christ received greater authority in 1914 than he already had

Thought he was just hangin' out with nothing to do until 1914

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

flash,

The 1995wt article from the slave does not blame the gb and does not cite the reasons you show. The article says that Gds people have speculated as to the length of a generation... The wt mag then defines a generation in connection with 1914. That explanation was hard to swallow to say the least. If jws ever see the ridiculous argumentation you have posted in print by the wts, (at least those that have a little common sense or have been through previous failed dates) they will abandon the movement if they don't die first of laughter or stomach problems and colitis. What an abuse of God' Word, forcing it to defend a false Interpretation. Have the honesty to admit when you are wrong. These tactics do not go unnoticed.

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Flash:

And to add to what Fisherman wrote:

The 1995wt article from the slave does not blame the gb and does not cite the reasons you show. The article says that Gds people have speculated as to the length of a generation...
    ...when the article-writers write the "at times Jehovahs people have speculated as to blah blah blah", they do not ever mean themselves! - even though it is they themselves that have the final say on what goes on print in the WT. The wording is designed so as to lay the blame on the R&F-jws, shoving even more guilt down the throats of those poor other flock-idiots (the real slaves). Have you never ever wondered why they ever write "we`re sorry, we speculated and we were wrong" in the publications? God, you are so naive.
  • Flash
    Flash

AnnOMaly

Are you one of those 'Jehovah's Judgmenters' in the ewatchman vein, or is this something you've concluded yourself?

Yes, these are my own conclusion devolped gradualy over time. ewatchman's essays were too verbose for me to read. If we happen to agree, thats fine. What I post here on JWD, unless otherwise stated, are my own thought and beliefs.

Anyway, I agree that it is more biblically consistent to link the Master's arrival with Armageddon and judgment.

Absolutely.

Fisherman
    The 1995wt article from the slave does not blame the gb and does not cite the reasons you show.

My comments are my own. They are not based on any WT article.

What an abuse of God' Word, forcing it to defend a false Interpretation.

You have your opinion and I have mine.

Have the honesty to admit when you are wrong. These tactics do not go unnoticed.

LOL Your funny!

The last word is yours ~

• fjtoth
  • stevenyc
    stevenyc

Hey Frank,

Do you compose those graphics?

steve

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Frank, I like the hand from the sky pictures. I remember an old Watchtower that had the hand of god with a Brawny paper towel wiping out the sinners. Do you remember that one?

• gymbob
    gymbob

Frank~

That's John all right! I lockered next to him in the factory on 3/7 back in the 70's, a very cool old guy. You got some memory dude....

• Flash
    Flash

Hellrider

...did it ever occur to you that it is this "slave" that you now claim is evil, that established the belief that the "beginning of the end" began in 1914? I don`t understand you, or people like you. You believe that the WTS are NOT spirit-directed, even that they are evil, but you still cling to their biblical interpretations and prophecies? I don`t get it.

I don't believe every member of the GB to be evil. I believe there are, and always have been, people like Nicodemus mixed in with them. My personal opinion is that just as the Faithful Slave is a "class" so is the Evil Slave...and even those like Nicodemus I believe are a class, and probably the source of anything good coming from the WTS...my opinion.

You see, I do believe the Witnesses are God's modern day people. Yet, just like the ancient Israelites, they have been lead away from the path of true Christianity by the modern day Scribes and Pharisees. Just as Jehovah clearly warned ancient Israel of the consequences of leaving Him, Jesus clearly warned those He left in charge what would happen if they left Him.

As for the leaders of the Witnesses being "spirit directed" the question is to what degree and how often?Why would Jesus repeatedly stress and warn His followers about His return, His arrival, if they were always being guided in the correct way they should go?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit