The Gentiles Times Reconsidered--Again but this Time By Using the Bible

by thirdwitness 1380 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Ozz,

At first, I just wanted information . I lost interest . All I saw was wt bashing but I also recognized that this site has a lot of intersting stuff and links and lots of valuable contrbutions. Anyway, I seldom came on once in a while for news. A while ago I came on and saw the post about the letter to all congs and read more about it. I clicked on different threads and I was very intersted in the 3w alan and ad discussion on 607. I also saw scholar and alan discussion. Anyway, what rekindled my interest in this site was the letter about disaster and the post about the bethel elder arrangement. The topic of 1914 is of great interest to me and to other jws and xjws. I could not resist debate. Did I humor you? Anyway, that is part of it.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

thirdwitness, I can't help but wonder why you keep trying to divert attention from the fact that you will not answer direct questions.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I have to echo Big Tex's words. Thirdwitness, why do you have trouble addressing direct questions? Why not use your posts more effectively and answer or defend your beliefs instead of crying about the board's seemingly unfair rules?

• TD
    TD

So the argument made using 'will be' in this case means nothing.

Sorry, no. The future tense in English is not necessarily indicative of posteriority, but English is not the source language. How do you show continuous action initiated in the past and extending into the future in the source language?

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty

Responses to Thirdwitness' original topic of this thread has been 91, and replies/rebuttals of his own has been 12. Speaking of this thread only,

thirdwitness, I can't help but wonder why you keep trying to divert attention from the fact that you will not answer direct questions.

his ratio of answering questions directly has outweighed the 91 "direct" replies that this thread has generated so far.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Ozzi

I wish to refute any pet theories by declaring that I have no idea who 3w and scholar are. I am not interested in insults inuendo and rhectoric. I wish to examine presents that support or discredit wts teaching. I will come to my own conclusions whether they are in support of the wts or against.

Yes the creative day taught by the wts was 7000 long each. Sorry. Also that each days was of equal length. But not now.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

TD,

Sorry, no. The future tense in English is not necessarily indicative of posteriority, but English is not the source language. How do you show continuous action initiated in the past and extending into the future in the source language?

Easy. You just say it so, and it is so. The grammatical equivalent of puttings ones fingers in ones ears and singing loudly so we do not have to hear Elivis singing ridiculous illustrations about an impossible logic.

HS

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

3rd witness,you are not an honest person..When brought to task on this,you whine..Boo-hoo!Everybodys picking on me!..Are you that hurt?..Should we call the Waaaaaaaa(crying-baby)aaaaaaaaaaambulance??..LOL!!..You have been treated fairly ..Try to do the same...OUTLAW

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

ThirdWitness,

I am not a believer, but have you considered a Preterist view of future events as represented by the scriptures that you use?

It took a long time, but eventually the WTS admitted that the apostles Paul, James and John ( at least ) were expecting 'Armaggedon' or the 'trampling' of Jerusalem in their day. They have never made much of this but it is clearly contained in up to date literature. The Apostles may have been correct that the 'hour' was indeed 'close', in fact there is compelling evidence that the Revelation was written pre 70CE, not in the 90's as the WTS claims.

I am not talking about the Apostle Preterist, but the Preterist eschalotogical view. I thought I would mention that as I know that active JW's dont get out much, theologically speaking.

HS

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Saki,

Responses to Thirdwitness' original topic of this thread has been 91, and replies/rebuttals of his own has been 12. Speaking of this thread only.

Perhaps what is more important is tallying whether any of the 91 responses have asked 90 times why certain questions have been answered zero times.

HS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit