Thank you Jehovah for answered prayers

by Annie Over 194 Replies latest jw friends

• agapa37
    agapa37

Anewme i understand. You did say that jesus was once recored as saying we should pray to God privately which is true, however it is also recorded of him PUBLICLY PRAISING God as well. Your opinion is ok, it is yours but i just dont agree with your explaination of her post......

This woman's simple and childlike relationship with her God is something the Witnesses foster.

It is a badge of recognition to still have it when one is approaching 40 or 50 years old.

So, to publish that kind of innocent wide eyed thankyou for her intact valuables on a web page and direct it to God is somehow supposed to make her appear very religious and righteous,

That is what you said and that is what i feel to be pretty shocking.

• parlay
    parlay

When I picked my mother up from the airport, she remembered had left her house

keys with a friend she could not get in touch with. I happened to have my spare set

with me. She thanked Jehovah. I asked her if she really believed that Jehovah was

truly responsible for my happening to have her keys with me. She thought about it and thanked me instead.

• anewme
    anewme

Agapa, Im sorry my opinion shocked your sensibilities.
    To publish ones personal material blessings like finding your lost purse and praising Jehovah for it to a forum of exJWs seems to me to be somewhat odd thats all.

I think you will be further shocked upon looking back at your first day of posting.

Welcome, by the way.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    She thanked Jehovah. I asked her if she really believed that Jehovah was

truly responsible for my happening to have her keys with me. She thought about it and thanked me instead.

Good for mom!

Just a thought: the title of this thread indicates not just praising God, but belief that there was divine intent at work, and that may be the real issue.

Sometimes when something goes my way I spontaneously say, "Thank you, Lord Jesus!" or "Thank God!" If you asked me, however, do I really believe that God or Jesus actually caused the 4 ball to go in the corner pocket, or caught my attention just before I burned the broccoli, or arranged for me to have the $1.50 to pay for parking, I would have to say, "Absolutely not. Otherwise, what message am I to glean from the times that these things didn't happen?"

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Out of habit - (not witnoid habit) I used to say Thank God a lot, but now I say

"Thank F**K for that!" instead - it makes as much sense and I wouldnt want anyone for one moment thinking I believed in a sexist bigot in the sky let alone would be dumb enough to thank him.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    "Thank F**K for that!" instead - it makes as much sense and I wouldnt want anyone for one moment thinking I believed in a sexist bigot in the sky let alone would be dumb enough to thank him.

Crumpet, dear, tell us how you really feel..............................I sense that you're holding back..............

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

There I was walking through the big Tesco car park praying some rich woman had left her purse with enough in it to cover my shopping, was my prayer answered??

Was it f$*k answered.

Where was he when I prayed for a family member to stop abusing me was he there then

Was he f*ck

Prayer is a comfort thing that sucks

Regards

BM

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

I believe he protected it because I love him so much and I was praying so earnestly to him.

"Oh praise Jehovah, for he has listened to my pleadings! He is my strength, my shield from every danger. I trusted in him, and he helped me. Joy rises in my heart until I burst out in songs of praise to him". Psalms 28: 6-7 The Living Bible

Purple Sofa

PS I love you

• Annie Over
    Annie Over

Could it be that they are praying to the wrong God? The scripture says there are many gods and many lords, but for us there is one God and one Lord. If a million people were calling out 'Hey You', but didn't bother to call out a name, would you answer everytime someone said hey you? And another thing, are they giving him the praise and honor he deserves? Most people don't even know who Jehovah God is or how great he is. Even JWs don't seem to give him the praise he deserves.

• daydream1900
    daydream1900

i think your story was immature insulting and i belive you did it just for attention! i don't think Jehovah gives a rats ass about your poxy purse! don't you think god as got more things on his mind?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit