AN ELDER SPOKE TO ME TODAY

by Dansk 59 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Ian:

G'day dear friend. Glad you enjoy a walk - me too.

So "the elder" spoke, eh? Did you do right? Well, I think I would have felt like saying worse! Don't know that I would, but as I wrote above, these guys act as though they have some hold over you for ever more! The best thing (for them too) is to let them know that they are an irrelevance in your life.

I'll have to share with you one day what was done to Mrs Ozzie - it's horrendous! Now don't get me started - I try not to think about it, but when i do it makes me angry.

This is where they're dangerous for they do it (blasphemously) in God's name.

OK, vent over, hope the weather's keeping good for you - and please give my love to Manchester.

Cheers, Ozzie

• elliej
    elliej

Hi Dansk! I don't think you were too hard on him either. You just posed a simple question. What does it have to do with him, he has shown what he thinks of you by his actions toward you. You did right in letting him know that how you are really has nothing to do with him. He should mind his own business in the future.

On another note, I do care how you are doing and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

elliej

• Dansk
    Dansk
    On another note, I do care how you are doing and I hope that you are feeling better soon.

elliej

Thank you. That means so much!!

Ian

• dozy
    dozy

Seems to me that the elder was in a no-win situation. He simply asked how you were and got a curt , rude response. Had he shunned you , no doubt the thread would be titled "AN ELDER DIDN'T SPEAK TO ME TODAY" and posters would be saying how awful it was that you walked past his garden and he ignored you.

I am currently an elder & I know hundreds of them. Yes - I'll grant you that there are a few arrogant power hungry men (maybe this elder is of that type), but by and large most are sincere , kind , hard working men who endeavor to follow the scriptures (as interpreted by the WTS). There are some ex-elders of this forum who I am sure would agree, even from the changed standpoint and view they now have.

Read a bit of your history - very sorry to hear about your health problems. All the best

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Ian,

All I can say is "you're 'da man!" I couldn't have reacted like that. My mouth tends to override my ass!

shelley

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dozy:

I am currently an elder

So why are you here on an "apostate" site? You surely know you are contravening the direction of the "Faithful and discreet slave" who speak on behalf of Jehovah?!

That said, I thank you for your good wishes regarding my health. I hope you have a long stay here and learn much about how heinous the organisation is that you belong to. It is full of lies and deceit. The elder in question is arrogant and haughty and he defends those lies and deceit!

Ian

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

Dansk, the elder slayer.

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

Dansk,

I hope that the pain doesn't get worse for you mate, and that you feel much better!!

I certainly agree with your opinions about this "elder", he shouldn't have rubbed it in like that, it's obvious that he was cornered and he needed to show some fake interest in you....I would have done the same in the past....

And also I agree with what you said to the "elder" on this site....what is he doing here?

Love Jason

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Dont get too rash about current elders being - some of them are just biding their time until they can get family members out like many who are not elders.

All are welcome!

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

in my opinion you dont need the negative energy a conversation with him would have created.

you handled it just fine!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit