For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    What do you want me to do give you a run down from Genesis to Rev what is literal and what is figurative.

Since the truth is supposed to be on your side, why not? If that is what it takes to convince me you are right and I am wrong, what's stopping you? Who knows, you might actually change somebody's opinion. Isn't that what you are supposed to do?

• rassillon
    rassillon

third-nit-wit Are you telling all your friends over at "ewatchman-exposed" how you are getting your ass royally kicked over her by Alan? Or how about how Leolaia (a girl - love ya) has totally ripped you a new one. If anyone is starting here, please go back and read from the beginning. I swear 3rdWitness must be on the olympic gymnastics team the way he twists flips and flops to avoid answering real questions and total debunking of his pathetic argument. I know I am not really being fair but he just won't have a civilized discussion and answer questions posed to him. -r

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Auldsoul, I did not say Tyre was figurative. I said interpret it the way you want to. It has nothing to do with Egypt.

What secular evidence do you have or biblical that Pharoah repented and didn't meet his destruction? Ha Ha Ha. It is too funny for words.

If they repented and didn't meet destruction then why does the chronicle say that Neb went up to fight Egypt in his 37th year, 2 years after Ezekiel said it would happen. Pretty good evidence I would say. And guess what, it is secular evidence. I only wish we had the whole chronicle. I think the crows would be on the skillet.

You people have got to know that your claim of a figurative 40 year desolation or of repentance by Pharoah is so absurd and ridiculous. I know that you can not be so ignorant and insult our intelligence so much to say that. Please tell me you do not really believe such non sense. Just admitt like some have done that you just don't believe what Ezekiel said.

And then on top of that you disregard the secular evidence that Neb led a campaign against Egypt in his 37th year just like Ezekiel said. Why do you ignore such secular evidence?

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    I swear 3rdWitness must be on the olympic gymnastics team the way he twists flips and flops to avoid answering real questions and total debunking of his pathetic argument.

That's T-wit. Bless his proud, deluded heart

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    thirdwitness: Actually the Babylonians do mention their conquest of Egypt in the 37th year of Neb as I am sure you are aware. But much of the chronicle is damaged and cannot all be read. I'm sure if it was all readable you would have your evidence from the Babylonians.

For posterity.

Actual = real, the state of existing. As in, thirdwitness has no actual secular or Scriptural indication of an actual 40 year period of desolation for Egypt, he only has a prophecy.

Actually, the Babylonians do NOT mention their conquest of Egypt. As to what you are sure the rest of the document would contain if it was readable, I say poppycock. You have no better idea what the unreadable portion would say than does my housecat.

Why don't you go ahead and demonstrate your prowess at a real debate, thirdwitness: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/117917/1.ashx

AuldSoul

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Meanwhile we await an answer:

Other than the conclusions of historians based on their interpretation of the secular evidence do you have any scriptural reason whatsoever for arbitrarily deciding that the 40 year desolation never literally happened?

All the 40s mentioned from the Bible above were literally 40 years or 40 days . I saw no symbolism. But even so you must connect the 40 year desolation of Egypt with another part of the bible to show it to be symbolic.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Where did I talk about Tyre? That was YOUR side-argument with AlanF. AlanF used something I wrote to demonstrate his point about Tyre, but I was referring to the WTS explanation of Exekiel 29-32. THEY set the typical Egypt as Satan, making the prophecy figurative.

You really are abysmally suited to logic. You two make awful bedfellows.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    Meanwhile we await an answer

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/117647/2071530/post.ashx#2071530

Uh...you are still waiting? Weird. Highly illogical.

• AlanF
    AlanF

scholar pretendus, you are far and away the stupidest person I have ever come across on the Internet. You're led literally by the hand through the simplest of arithmetic, and you can't understand it.

Let's try this again, this time with a little more data in the table. I'll simply list the dates, along with the two events that the Watchtower Society agrees with. Let's see if you can manage to decipher this massively complicated list, and then you tell me if you agree with it:

539___Heshvan___Cyrus' 0th Year, Month 8____Babylon falls

539___Chislev___Cyrus' 0th Year, Month 9

539/8_Tebeth____Cyrus' 0th Year, Month 10

538___Shebat____Cyrus' 0th Year, Month 11

538___Adar______Cyrus' 0th Year, Month 12

538___Nisan_____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 1____Cyrus issues his famous decree

538___Iyyar_____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 2

538___Sivan_____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 3

538___Tammuz____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 4

538___Ab________Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 5

538___Elul______Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 6

538___Tishri____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 7

538___Heshvan___Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 8

538___Chislev___Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 9

538/7_Tebeth____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 10

537___Shebat____Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 11

537___Adar______Cyrus' 1st Year, Month 12

537___Nisan_____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 1

537___Iyyar_____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 2

537___Sivan_____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 3

537___Tammuz____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 4

537___Ab________Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 5

537___Elul______Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 6

537___Tishri____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 7

537___Heshvan___Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 8

537___Chislev___Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 9

537/6_Tebeth____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 10

536___Shebat____Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 11

536___Adar______Cyrus' 2nd Year, Month 12

536___Nisan_____Cyrus' 3rd Year, Month 1

536___Iyyar_____Cyrus' 3rd Year, Month 2

AlanF

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

So is Tyre's perminant destruction symbolic or literal?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit