For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

Sorry auldsoul just havent had time to look at the other thread. Too busy exposing yours and others silly notions on this one.

Arbitrary claims with no Biblical proof:

The 40 year desolation of Egypt is figurative.

The 40 year desolation of Egypt never happened because Pharoah and the Egyptians repented in sackcloth and ashes. (Can you say that with a straight face.)

Proof that it happened:

Jehovah prophecied a 40 year desolation at the hands of Neb.

Bm chronicle tells of Neb's campaign against Egypt in his 37th year just after the prophecy.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul
    (Can you say that with a straight face.)

Just about as easily as saying the Ninehvites repented. Actually, more easily. But there is Jonah saying it happened. Huh...who would have figured.

• AlanF
    AlanF

thirdwitness, can you explain to our JW lurkers why you disagree with "the faithful and discreet slave's" explanation of the 70 years of Tyre's being forgotten?

Can you explain why Exodus' statement that the heavens and the earth and everything in them were created in six days is false?

You wiley old apostate, you!

AlanF

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Thirdwitness:

The 40 year desolation of Egypt never happened because ;Pharoah and the Egyptians repented in sackcloth and ashes. (Can you say that with a straight face.)

Proof that it happened:

Jehovah prophecied ;a 40 year desolation at the hands of Neb.

Bm chronicle tells of Neb's campaign against Egypt in his 37th year just after the prophecy.

Except for the fact that history shows us that this never happened. And then, we DON`T have to "admit" that we believe more in secular history than the Bible (which is an admission you would love to get from us, because of jw-lurkers reading these pages, who, if we said "we believe the secular sources over the Bible" would turn away from us filthy apostate scum and go back to be unpaid workers/robots for your drenched-in-blood Watchtower Society), because the Bible tells us that Yahweh occasionally retracts his prophecies!

"On occasion, I decree for some nation, for some kingdom, that I will tear up, knock down, destroy, but if this nation, against which I have pronounced sentence, abandons its wickedness, I then change my mind about the evil which I had intended to inflict on it . On another occassion, I decree for some nation, for some kingdom, that I will build up and plant, but if that nation does what displeases me, refusing to listen to my voice, I then change my mind about the good which I had intended to confer on it " (Jeremiah 18:7-10).

(thanks to Leolaia for the verse).

So, jw-lurkers, Thirdwitnoid, like the snake he is, is presenting you with a false dilemma! It is NOT the case that you "either believe the prophecy was fulfilled or you deny the Bible".

This has been explained to you a hundred times now, 3rdwitnoid. When is it going to penetrate your thick skull? Never, I assume. I also assume that you are one of those super-egos that will just stick around and hash up the same old crap until people stop replying,you know, I bet you are one of those retards that believes that if they can GET THE LAST POST, then they have won the discussion. I have met JW-psychopaths like that before. Now, if you please, answer the questions raised by Alan F earlier in the thread, or actually try to respond to Leolaias arguments. If you don`t/ can`t, you will have exposed yourself like a true ûntermensch, intellectually, and it will be plain for everyone to see. This is not witnoids you are preaching to here, you know, buddy-boy.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    Meanwhile we await an answer:

Other than the conclusions of historians based on their interpretation of the secular evidence do you have any scriptural reason whatsoever for arbitrarily deciding that the 40 year desolation never literally happened?

All the 40s mentioned from the Bible above were literally 40 years or 40 days . I saw no symbolism. But even so you must connect the 40 year desolation of Egypt with another part of the bible to show it to be symbolic

Before I answer this, I need to know from you if you believe that the prophecies in Ezekiel are literal. Word for word. steve

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

we DON`T have to "admit" that we believe more in secular history than the Bible (which is an admission you would love to get from us, because of jw-lurkers reading these pages

Some of you (the honest ones) already have admitted that.

Well now that you have not even begun to overcome the 40 year desolation of Egypt except in fantasy land what good does it do to proceed to other parts of the 607 debate. You can't even get past numeral uno. Much less the meat of the whole bible proof of 607.

For the honest ones who want the truth it is out there for them to read. I am glad that so many has looked at this thread and will be looking at this link so that they will not be misled by the hype and loud boisterous talk of 587 proponents. Oh I know what to expect in the next few posts. More insults and more fantasy land speech of how you disprove the 40 year desolation of egypt when you offered no plausible explanation at all. Just outlandish and unsubstantiated claims that:

It was not literal cause secular history says so.

Egypt repented and it never happened.

Those are good ones that I will tell to all my friends when they start telling jokes.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

http://www.jehovahsjudgment.co.uk/607/default.html

Read it without prejudice. You'll be glad you did.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    Those are good ones that I will tell to all my friends when they start telling jokes.

Don't just tell your friends. If you have any integrity to belief in your success here, you would post a link to this thread on your site.

steve

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

3rdWitness,All 40 numbers,in the bible are literaly the exact number 40,be it days or years?..You are beond hope for any intellegent conversation..AlanF and all the others who have tried to help you 2 idiots,(scholar included)have the patients of Job.Neither of you are interested in truth or searching for truth.You both have one selfish interest,the need to be right.You will suffer for this in every aspect of your life..I suggest you both go to live in the Wilderness,as I do..Your ability to be truthfull to yourself there,will determine whether you live or die...OUTLAW

• stevenyc
    stevenyc
    Meanwhile we await an answer:

Other than the conclusions of historians based on their interpretation of the secular evidence do you have any scriptural reason whatsoever for arbitrarily deciding that the 40 year desolation never literally happened?

All the 40s mentioned from the Bible above were literally 40 years or 40 days . I saw no symbolism. But even so you must connect the 40 year desolation of Egypt with another part of the bible to show it to be symbolic

Before I answer this, I need to know from you if you believe that the prophecies in Ezekiel are literal. Word for word. steve

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit