Do u believe much of the JW teachings but not Gods Representative on earth?

by breeze 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• breeze
    breeze

I wonder how many are still drawn to the beliefs but just don't believe the WTBTS is Jehovah's representative on earth and the only hope for mankind?

Of course we know some are not correct like 607 BC and 1914 and 1975 etc.

BREEZE

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Which beliefs?

• jambon1
    jambon1
    I wonder how many are still drawn to the beliefs

• Shun your own flesh and blood
    • Stone your own flesh & blood to death because of 'sins of the flesh'
    • Believe that the elders are 'glorious ones', deserving 'double honour'
    • The 2 witness, child abuse policy
    • Be prepared to watch your child bleed to death, if it came down to it
    • 6 billion body bags at armaggedon

Eh, no. I wonder how I was ever sucked in when I read the above.

J

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I take what is refered to as the golden rule, but otherwise many of the beliefs are unique to witness interpretation: Paradise, two classes of christians, time of the end, no blood transfusions, no celebrations, shunning etc. Really once you acknowledge they are not God's representatives on earth, everything they say in his name needs to be questioned doesnt it.

CS 101

• breeze
    breeze

I was not clear?

The org aside, the doctrine etc of the JW's? Not the politics or organizational features of the org.

Do u believe the doctrines of the witness but not that they are the only hope for mankind etc, the representative of God on Earth?

BREEZE

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Actually no, you're not being clear. What doctrines are you talking about?

• breeze
    breeze

Jehovahs name

Hellfire

New Earth

End comnig

New system

Blood issue

Christmas / Holidays

ETC....

You pick one...be creative??

BREEZE

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

That's not much. Maybe you should have said "Do you believe some of the JW teachings" and then given examples of what you still believe.

I'm not doing the work for you.

Josie

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Since leaving I have started to study how others interpret the bible, and realise most unique JW doctrine is shallow and wrong. Rutherford particularly introduced and Eisegesis approach, make up a convenient doctrine and then find a few scriptures to support it. That is why Watchtower doctrine is Watchtower centric, no more so than Revelation prophecy that applies everything to simple things like conventions in the early 1900's. Sincere men in other religions have spent centuries mulling over doctrine to arrive at their understandings.

Another classic example is that the earth will last forever. How often did you hear the same 2 or 3 scriptures to support the earth lasting forever? Yet I can not ever remember hearing scriptures saying that the earth will wear out and end such as Psalm 102:25-26 “Long ago you laid the foundations of the earth itself, And the heavens are the work of your hands. 26 They themselves will perish , but you yourself will keep standing; And just like a garment they will all of them wear out. Just like clothing you will replace them, and they will finish their turn.”

Isaiah 51:6 “Raise YOUR eyes to the heavens themselves, and look at the earth beneath. For the very heavens must be dispersed in fragments just like smoke, and like a garment the earth itself will wear out , and its inhabitants themselves will die like a mere gnat. But as for my salvation, it will prove to be even to time indefinite, and my own righteousness will not be shattered.”

Sites like the New Catholic encyclopedia http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/index.html are very interesting to read.

• breeze
    breeze

You don't have to specific to have a dialogue?

Unless like many on here you are just looking for a fight?

I wanted to know if there were those here that still felt drawn too the witness teachings but just din't the WTBTS is the answer to all of your problems and God's representative on Earth.

mrsjones5 just ignore the whole thing please !!

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit