Do u believe much of the JW teachings but not Gods Representative on earth?

by breeze 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Taythan
    Taythan

The more years that go by the more I believe that the core beliefs are utter hogwash.

• garybuss
    garybuss

The core beliefs are dis-beliefs. Same with the Witness behaviors. They are non-behaviors. A dead man could be a Witness and believe right and behave right.
    A dead man does not believe in hell.
    A dead man does not believe in immortality of the soul.
    A dead man does not believe in the Trinity.
    A dead man does not smoke.
    A dead man does not take transfusions.
    A dead man does not save seats at conventions.
    It's a religion of dis-beliefs and don't do's.
    It couldn't function alone on the planet because it wouldn't have any beliefs to dis-believe in. It's a resistance movement and it needs something or some to resist.

• parakeet
    parakeet

There's only one JW teaching I believe with my whole heart: RELIGION IS A SNARE AND A RACKET.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Dobbie, I don't understand your post. What are you referring to -Beslan- little children drowning. Can you explain?

Don't think you are droning on and on- without posters how would we know each others ideas?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The reason you are comfortable with the beliefs is that you were raised a JW. After many years of indoctrination a mind becomes comfortable with a learned way of thinking. If you do a trawl of internet sites on Mormons and Seven Day Adventists they are equally convinced they are right, and ones that leave have equal difficulty getting over their belief systems.

Think about a person raised a Hindu. To them the entire WTS doctrinal structure is incomprehensible. Their mindset is trained so differently they find it very difficult to come to a belief that an almighty God picked a single organization at a point in time and will kill everyone else. They see life as ongoing cycles.

• apfergus
    apfergus

I caught myself regurgitating JW dogma for at least a couple years after I left. None of that, anymore for me. I reject any idea that cannot be shown to be a likely explanation through empirical evidence.

• ElderBarry
    ElderBarry

Hi Breeze! You're crystal clear to me! I am attracted to their really cogent arguments against Hellifre and damnation. That's it. The Church Of Jesus Christ Of Latter Day Saints do not believe or teach such ugly foulness. -Lisa

• ringo5
    ringo5
    The core beliefs are dis-beliefs. Same with the Witness behaviors. They are non-behaviors. A dead man could be a Witness and believe right and behave right.

A dead man does not believe in hell.

A dead man does not believe in immortality of the soul.

A dead man does not believe in the Trinity.

A dead man does not smoke.

A dead man does not take transfusions.

A dead man does not save seats at conventions.

It's a religion of dis-beliefs and don't do's.

It couldn't function alone on the planet because it wouldn't have any beliefs to dis-believe in. It's a resistance movement and it needs something or some to resist.

I just have to say that your take on this and many other topics always strike me in a poignant and funny way!

Glad you're here Gary!

• dobbie
    dobbie

Quandry hi i was half asleep at the time and my punctutation was not good, i left a comma out. I meant the Yates children being drowned, what they suffered, knowing their mentally ill mother was hurting them, and the Beslan siege, all the little ones forced to suffer what they did, we are taught God is a God of love and compassion but i can't get my head around him letting these atrocious things happen, just so a few angels can get his point. If i were an angel i'd be seriously worried sharing heaven with someone like that, so this is why i'm in a 'quandary' too, i don't know how God could let it happen so i find myself doubting his existence. To be honest i wish i'd never heard of jws sometimes (life was much easier before), but have to remind myself i wouldn't have my children if i hadn't, so something goods come out of it all, apart from the mountain of doubts i now have!.

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

I believe nothing they have said, do say, or will say. They are a doomsday cult intent on making as much money as they can, with absolutely no regard for the humanity they destroy.

I call them the watchliar sociopath society for that very reason.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit