Do u believe much of the JW teachings but not Gods Representative on earth?

by breeze 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• James Free
    James Free
    Really once you acknowledge they are not God's representatives on earth, everything they say in his name needs to be questioned doesnt it.

And I would add to that, once you accept they are not appointed by God, most of the teachings come crashing down.

For many years I taught and believed that everything WT believed was based on the Bible. But now I see so much of relies on INTERPRETATION by the GB, AKA FDS, and once you doubt they are God's organization you able to see the INTERPRETATION is weak and contrived.

• breeze
    breeze

james free, I tend to agree with your line of reasoning.

But they wouldn't have to be God's chosen people or the only choice for a after life hope to have some of their teachings be correct.

Other churches and organizations don't make the claim that they are the only hope do they?

I am also convinced that all religous groups are a snare and a trap for profit/gain.

The millions of dollars that the WTBTS have stored up makes me very concerned about their motives of how those funds will be used. They may simply be storing it up for legal battles that they expect in the future from other organizations and past members over issues like education and blood.

BREEZE

• James Free
    James Free
    But they wouldn't have to be God's chosen people or the only choice for a after life hope to have some of their teachings be correct.

Maybe I should have been clearer. I am referring to beliefs unique to the WT.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Most good things in their religion, or cult more precisely, were taken from other religions and anything they originated themselves turns out to be worthless given some time, from Russell to Rutherford and Franz no sound doctrine was ever produced. That much for God's chosen religious leaders, it's a transparent myth.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

I believe none of the WTB&TS's doctrines. I have yet to find one scripture that affirms any of their doctrines.

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

GARY BUS YOU ARE HILARIOUS! Thanks for saying it like it is!!!

Breeze, I think you are not seeing the forest for the trees. Take a step back away from the JWs and look around at the world. From you post sounds like you have been very close to the JWs for a long time. Take a little break if possible. (Hope I am not offending if this is not your situation.)

GG

• breeze
    breeze

I was involved for many years. I haven't been to a meeting since the Memorial this year and only memorials since 1998.

I also think garybuss is funny! The witnesses do take a somewhat negative approach to their views.

But as in my politics, (somewhat rightish), I have a middle of the road thinking process when it comes to the witnesses. They are harmless unless you take them too seriously.

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit