Why did you choose your USER NAME?

by In Between 73 Replies latest jw friends

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

#1 Reason-- Blacksheep was already taken! I have always been the one on both sides of my family, and even more so when I studied w/the jw's.

I felt lonely the entire time I studied since I was drifting away from my worldly friends and family, but also didn't fit in with all the other dub wives.

• zanex
    zanex

well it was listed on the bottle initally but when the bottle ran dry i changed it a bit to reflect the personality left post-medication...from xanax to zanex...funny that i seem to be a lot more put together OFF medication than i was when i was ON medication...maybe the zanex works better than the xanax...a psychological cure for a psychological problem...lol...

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I chose mine because it described me when I first joined this board. I'm no longer in doubt, but I kept the name anyway.

• minimus
    minimus

I greatly admired Maximus and his posts. Since I was no comparison, I identified myself as Minimus.

• james_woods
    james_woods

I used my real name because it had been over 25 years ago that I left. I felt like it was about time to show that I am not under their system of reality anymore and have nothing at all to hide from them. As it turned out, there were several here who knew who I was and I was glad we got in contact.

I also willingly took the risk of being compared to that movie actor by the same name that takes all those "mad-dog killer" parts.

I am not him. My face is too honest to play that kind of role.

James

• poppers
    poppers

It's a variation of my last name.

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

i chose mine because of the striking resemblance i share with matt damon....hehehehe

also i like the movies

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Because I'm confused sometimes about what kind of person I am (no thanks to the JW's).

Although I'm doing much better (thanks to the JWD).

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Well, I started out in 1996 online as Lovesmenot on AOL in all the chat rooms, (and I still am her and boy howdy I miss those rowdy crazy chat rooms!) and so I wanted to keep the Loves part of it...and my husband and half his family are JWs that I still loved even though they shun me. I loved my JW friends who deserted me....so LovesDubs.

Dont believe for a moment that I havent on many occasions wanted to kick some SERIOUS Dub ass now yall. Love hurts baby...assume the position!

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

I chose my name because it sums up where my search for truth lead me.... to realizing I can never know much with absolute certainty- if anything at all [still not sure about that one as I do know for sure that there must be at least one absolute]. and that honesty was the cure for religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit