Why did you choose your USER NAME?

by In Between 73 Replies latest jw friends

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Stealth is a long time nick name. 453 is my badge number.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I had never posted on a forum.., Actually it was day one for having my first computer of my own.

I typed in Jehovah's Witnesses. First I found someone's blog and they had a link to this site on their blog. I didn't know you could just read without registering. I thought that was like stealing or evesdropping or something. So I registered. My son was standing behind me. I typed in my first name, lisa. Someone was using that. I typed in lisavegas. lisa = my first name...vegas = my stage name when I was dancing in strip bars. lisavegas...my son was standing behind me. He said..everyone puts numbers after their names..type in your house address. So I got that's where I got the 420....I know others thought the 420 was for something else.

lisa

• Legolas
    Legolas

Mine is my favorite character from my favorite movie 'Lord Of the Ring's'

• bubble
    bubble

My username is Bubble as you all know.

In cockney rhyming slang Bubble and Squeak = Greek.

So in the UK if you are Greek you often get called a 'Bubble' for short.

So it's because I'm a Greek Cypriot living in the UK that I adopted Bubble as my username.

• V
    V

Say no more...

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Because there are times when I feel like Alice Through the Looking Glass. Also, the Looking Glass can mean a mirror, so self observation. It is also an theater here in the city that I have some connection with.

I was initially thinking of the name "pomegranate" because it is a very deceiving fruit. It looks rather uninviting, but once you peel through its hard surface, you see that is only seed, and once you taste it you realize it is really yummy and good for you.

• vitty
    vitty

My used to be something a little different, but I realized after a while it could identify me. A couple of posters commented on it and Boa used to call me vitty so I changed it to that.

I think its sounds a bit masculine and I didnt like it and wanted to change it again to something more girlie. But now I do

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I choose mine because people love to sing that song to me (I do like it), I don't use that name in real life, Joneses are a dime a dozen and there happens to be quite a few people with my husband's first and last name here.

Josie

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

I chose mine because I like reading and writing poetry, and my favourite poet is T.S.Eliot (the avatar I use is a pic of him) and he's dead.

• daystar
    daystar

Some think that the daystar (morning star) is the Christ. Some think it is Lucifer. Others, simply a king that lived at the time. It's also Venus, the goddess of love and beauty.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit