Why did you choose your USER NAME?

by In Between 73 Replies latest jw friends

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

I chose my name and avatar from the oriental concept of loosing face. I lost many things I value to this cult; my sanity and almost my marriage, my relationship with most of my worldly family and all of my friends. For a long time, I felt the only honorable way out was seppuku. Shortly after I made my decision to never go back, I was attacked by a dog. Fortunately, I had a real good reconstructive surgeon. I also love the Grateful Dead. So, who else could I be but Stealyourface.

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Crazy (me) + blonde (me) + b (for bitch) = me!!!!!

I registered with this name before I realized how much I'd like this board. On all the other boards, I'm txtornado. Spent the last 16 years mainly in Texas. My exboyfriend, love of my life, gave me that name after Tracy Lawrence's song, "Texas Tornado". He said whenever I'd come back from Texas, to Missouri, I'd blow in and out of his life like a tornado.

shelley

• Honesty
    Honesty

I asked the brothers for a little honesty in regards the United Nations, Bulgaria and the Watchtower Society.

None was forthcoming so I opted out of their retirement plan.

• frozen one
    frozen one

Way back in the 20th century, I bought my first computer. It was 1995 or 96. One of the first things I did went I got online with a company called Prodigy was key in Jehovah's Witnesses in a search engine. A site called Tishies Support Board for Ex-JW's came up. The sub-title of the board was You Are Not Alone. I picked frozen as my nick name because I had been working in Antarctica for a while before I moved here, I didn't have a job at the time, I was taking college classes with a bunch of punk 18 year olds (I was in my 30's), and I was having doubts about not going to the hall in my new town. Then I found Tishie's site, found out I wasn't alone, and it felt like I was coming in from the cold. When I joined this board I brought the name along in case anyone from Tishie's board was here and remembered me. I had to add "one" though because I couldn't get frozen to register.

• gumby
    gumby

Stealyourface,

I felt the only honorable way out was seppuku.

What the heck is seppuku?

Gumcurious

• stealyourface
    stealyourface

Gumbwonderer~Harikari or a ritual suicide when one has no other 'honorable' way out of a situation. FWIW, I'm feeling much better now

• smellsgood
    smellsgood

simply because it...

...smellsgood

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

when i joined i was seeing a psychiatrist and a therapist for my post traumatic syndrome and panic attacks. plus i thought i was nuts for reading APOSTATE stuff!!! figured when i joined i may as well let everyone know right off the bat that i'm nuts. batshitcrazy would have been my first choice but its not very tasteful lol

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

For years, I suffered from severe insomnia. Now, however, due to health problems, I actually sleep quite a bit, so the name isn't such a good one anymore. I'm thinking of changing it to Aegrisomniac at some point.

• Iforget
    Iforget

Because I can't remember shit.

Plus... whenever my family asks "why weren't you at the (insert meeting, assembly, special talk, memorial) I can simply respond with "Iforget" why.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit