Why do the majority of "newbies" disappear ???

by kid-A 74 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    I am just very busy and can't spend as much time as I would like.

Just rub it in! You're a happy, busy, ex-witness! I aspire to be like you!

• bubble
    bubble

I am a newbie and love reading the posts on this forum. I would like to post more but just don't have the time or I can't think of anything good to say.

I have met up with a few people that I've met through the forum, that was cool.

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

It definitely is addictive and time consuming!!! I seem to post more in the winter...when spring and summer come along, I tend to spend more time outdoors and away from the computer. I too read for about 2 years before ever posting!!! I was in the process of fading and had too many family members still in to risk being DF'd. Now my immediate family is out and so far I've successfully faded.

It's a real discovery process for anyone leaving to find out what is the real truth and how much they've been lied too. Also, some have to come to terms with whether they even believe the Bible and want to remain a Christian or if they even have a belief system left anymore. There are a lot of choices to make and maybe they just pursue other avenues to reach their goals. I'm sure we all wish them well on their journey....

Swalker

• greendawn
    greendawn

There could be many reasons, feeling guilty, not being computer friendly, not having easy access to the net, feeling guilty due to the JW mind conditioning, finding another board which seems better to them.

I registered here in April 2004 but only made around ten posts over the first couple of weeks and it wasn't until April 2005 that I began posting regularly.

The reason was that in 2004 I really hated typing words as opposed to writing them, to me it was a very slow and tedious process but I got over it in 2005 after some practice.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Arwen and Bebu,

Thank you both for the comments. Yes, I did have my backside handed to me pretty handily a couple of times.

My problem with posting is when I start getting "hot" I can't stop until I have offended about half the posters.

Working on it.

U

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit