Why do the majority of "newbies" disappear ???

by kid-A 74 Replies latest jw friends

• uninformed
    uninformed

It is very intimidating to post here, and it takes a lot of work to keep up with it.

It is a lot easier to check in and read than to post.

For example, just think how dumb this post turned out.

Uninformed

• arwen
    arwen

Uninformed: Your post made me smile...

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi beta male & a belated welcome.

I agree with Chrystal. I think another poster talked about the strong emotions that are displayed. I find it emotionally exhausting to read the horror stories on a daily basis. Maybe that turns some off.

I think different forums have different audiences. So it's a good thing there are other more light-hearted and social forums for xJWs and I suppose there are some more serious forums for JWs & ex JWs, like e-watchman, channelc, touchstone, christian-discussions, etc. I just hope they find a place to get support, information, etc.

• dvw
    dvw

why do newbies disappear? its simple bro. its called the RAPTURE.

• bebu
    bebu

uninformed, feeling intimidated definitely will fade!! I think you got blasted by someone in some earlier thread , but don't let that slow you down. People who blast you one day will encourage you the next.

It's enjoyable seeing people come out of their shells.

bebu

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

The first time that I came to the site, I was too afraid to post or read anything. This was, probably, two years ago. I was sure that I was committing a sin against God! If only I would have stayed and read the posts, maybe my daughters wouldn't be baptised witnesses now. Ugh! I hate that more than I can say!

Fear of man is what lays a snare. I lost my girls because I thought that reading and posting here was blasphemy.

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Hi Everyone, I'm a Newbie, and I have to say I did look at this website and did a lot of reading before I became a member, I was maybe a bit nervous, I don't know I just imagine Elders tracking me down breaking my door open in the middle of the night dragging me off to the Kingdumb hall and making me use a highlighter.

So far all you guys seem great, I think this website will help people like us out there, just to know we are not alone.

Maybe some Newbies are just people wanting to get info for family or friends that is starting to study with a JW.

• Stress Free
    Stress Free

Maybe because they are spiritually week and in the need of a shepherding call!

Any ex elders out there like to volunteer?

Stress Free

• Arthur
    Arthur

As one of the newbies, I can say that the reason that I rarely post is because I just don't have the time to devote to this site that others do. I really love this site and have enjoyed exchanging ideas with many of it's members. I am just very busy and can't spend as much time as I would like.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I don't think all of them see any real benefit in posting, as most like to read. Others might just forget about this place, and not hold in as important as others.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit