How many ex-jws move out of town to start over?

by rebel8 54 Replies latest jw friends

• elliej
    elliej

We moved and faded at the same time and it worked great. If my husband had decided to take a job in our old state, closer to home, I doubt that we would be out by now. Too many interfering family would have made it too difficult. New location, nobody knows our history, any dubs that knock don't know us from adam. It's fabulous. True freedom, we are shunned now back home, but who cares? We don't have to see those people anyway. And they are giving a bad witness to the rest of the non dub family.

• purplebunnyfoofoo
    purplebunnyfoofoo

Being raised a jw in the same area I grew up in, married in and divorced in it was the best for me to get away from the whole jw thing.

I went to the bank, gave them the keys to the house, went to a lawyer and declared bankruptcy, packed everything I owned in a 28ft U-haul, towed my car and moved from Indiana to South Carolina.

I was dfed the following Thursday, for exposing a con artist brother.

I spent 3 years here trying to be reinstated, only to be told no. Last 3 years I have loved my life away from all the visible reminders of the local jw family who dfed me. It was a small city, everyone knew everyone.......wish I had left the area years ago.

When my appeal was denied I told all the elders, whom we all came into the truth at the same time in the 70's........I told them they were all motherfu**ers, and evil men......and left.

At the appeal I was told that my language would determine if I was ever to be reinstated.....When I left the appeal they went out to watch me leave to make sure I did not kill myself. Such love.

So yes, I moved, and am never going back to the state nor the jw's.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    town to start over?

Outta town, outta state.

Small town blabbin mouths, no privacy.
    See them in walmart, now they run from me
    Friends that I once had were no friends at all
    Moved to a new place far from my old hall

• done4good
    done4good

As I stated in an earlier post, I moved about the same time as I faded. (coincidentally). Worked out great. Only about an hour or so, but that is enough.

j

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

I find this thread particularly interesting. This is something that goes through my mind many, many times a day. In my case I truely have no reference point to compare what I have now to what another area or climate would be like.

It would be great to find a new and beautiful area to start in again and as I have stated before my first choice would be Alaska because of the beauty and the wilderness with my second being Arkansas because of the. affordability of living.

cab

• Honesty
    Honesty

Physically, I'm in the same home.

Mentally, I'm a universe away.

The jw shunning confirms that my decision to escape was a smart one.

• In Between
    In Between

I'm making a move ... not really that far away (60 miles) but it's a start. Tied to a job that puts me in the town I'm getting away from, but no interaction with any j.w.'s, and then at the end of the day, looking forward to heading back to a new home, new friends, new life :)

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

we moved and it was very good for us.

moving has it's own set of stresses so I"m not saying it's the ONLY way to go when you exit.

it is nice to have distance because we have some VERY meddling family. It's helped me personally reconstruct myself also....

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Never have considered it. They all can kiss my ass. I never will cross the street if I see one of them coming. Let them cross the street. I will not bend to their silly little rules of shunning.

The Claw.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

I should have moved right away. Life would have been less stressful.

A drastic move is a lot to take on, especially when you have no support system.

Living in the same town you were a jw in sucks. You can't even hang christmas lights because someone might see you and tell. You have to worry about running into jws everywhere you go.

Plus you have to deal with jw relatives on a weekly basis telling you how close the end is.

Best thing to do is sell most of your stuff you don't need, throw out anything and everything jw... pack the rest up and get outta dodge.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit