Disgusting comment regarding the baptism at the DC

by under_believer 68 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS preaches that the saving mark mentioned at Ezekiel 9 from destruction at Armageddon, is baptism as a JW. So with their pushing young JWs to get baptized and scaring the parents into thinking their child will die soon if not baptized.....................

Now will the WTS take up the preaching that the end is near and people shouldn't be having children?

w88 9/15 p. 14 Listen—Jehovah’s Watchman Speaks!/Marked for Survival

Next, we note seven men—one a linen-clad secretary and six others with smashing weapons. (Read Ezekiel 9:1-7.) The "six men" represented Jehovah’s heavenly executional forces, though he could use earthly agents. Those whose foreheads the ‘man in linen’ marked would experience God’s compassion because they were not in sympathy with the detestable things done at the temple. Execution by the "six men" began there with the 70 idolatrous elders, the women weeping for Tammuz, and the 25 sun worshipers. These and others disloyal to God were killed by the Babylonians in 607 B.C.E.

The antitypical ‘man in linen’ is the class of anointed Christians. They go from house to house to put a symbolic mark on those who become part of the "great crowd" of Christ’s "other sheep." The "mark" is the evidence that such sheep are dedicated, baptized individuals with a Christlike personality. They ‘sigh and groan over detestable things’ done in Christendom, and they have come out of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion. (Revelation 18:4, 5) Their "mark" will make it plain to God’s executional forces that they should be spared during the "great tribulation." They can retain that "mark" by sharing with the anointed ones in marking yet others. So, if you have been ‘marked,’ share zealously in the ‘marking’ work.—Ezekiel 9:8-11.

kl chap. 18 p. 180 par. 21 Make It Your Aim to Serve God Forever ***

Bible prophecies show that God views such ones as marked to survive the execution of his judgment soon to come upon this wicked system of things. (Ezekiel 9:1-6; Malachi 3:16, 18) Are you "rightly disposed for everlasting life"? (Acts 13:48) Is it your earnest desire to be marked as one serving God? Dedication and baptism are part of that mark, and they are essential for survival.

km 10/87 p. 8 Help Others to Dedication and Baptism ***

DO

NOT DELAY

The Ethiopian eunuch to whom Philip spoke did not delay in getting baptized. He searched his own mind and heart and asked Philip if there were any factors that prevented him from getting baptized. Finding no cause for delay, he promptly got baptized. (Acts 8:26-38) That is the spirit we want to cultivate in Bible students today.—Compare John 14:23; 2 Corinthians 5:14, 15.

Only those ‘marked’ for salvation will survive into Jehovah’s new system. (Ezek. 9:2-6) How happy those who submit to this ‘marking’ for survival will be because of their dedicated relationship with Jehovah God, as symbolized by water baptism!

Blondie

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

The last few years I was in, it was mainly kids of jws, all under 15 and some under 13, that were getting baptised. I think only one older person got baptised in that time. It was almost, at times, as if the elders were doing a kind of "mopping up" operation, getting all the kids baptised to keep the cong numbers up because people were leaving. It seemed like the kids were under almost constant pressure to get dunked, but several who made the commitment don't attend now they're in thier late teens or early 20's.

• garybuss
    garybuss

To understand Jehovah's Witness salvation / baptism doctrine, do a CD search on "family merit". Family merit expires at puberty or competency.
    If a person is not competent, they are saved or lost by family merit / demerit, the same as a child. After baptism the Witness is no longer protected or condemned by family merit / demerit.
    The baptism starts a new chain of family merit. Family merit does not work laterally, it only works vertically and only works down.
    Official membership in the Witness group, relating to statistics, doesn't begin at baptism, it begins when the first Field Service Report is accepted from them and a publisher record card is started.

• free2beme
    free2beme

When I was growing up, in my area, they discouraged or outright denied people the right to get baptized under the age of 15.

• aniron
    aniron
    Isn't it wonderful how many young people
    are choosing to dedicate their lives to Jehovah?"

Is this much difference from someone being baptised a Catholic or other, when they are a few weeks old. Did those young JW's have as much say as does a baby being baptised as a Catholic.

Its the only way they can get their numbers up.

When the report for 2006 comes out and they say "We had 250,000 baptised". I would like to know how many of them were "young people" young teens and younger. How many were children of JW's. How many were actual "Bible Book studies" with people they actually called on in field service.

Its like when I was a JW and used to count the attendance at the KH. In the early days it was "Only count children of school age (4/5yrs)." Then as time went on it end up as "If they occupy a seat count them" I ended up counting babies of 9-18 months old because parents had put them on a seat.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I remember a 17 year-old daughter of an Elder that cried while in line for baptism. It was not tears of joy. She was nervous and fearful of getting baptized. She went through with it, but later regretted it. Her friend of who was 16 also got baptized at the same DC. The friend was DFed almost a year later.

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Jehovah's Kiddie Pool

1. Frankie: Baptized a Jehovah’s Witness at the age of 14. Disfellowshipped for Homosexual acts at age 19. Frankie committed suicide when he was 24.

2. Celina: Baptized a Jehovah’s Witness at the age of 11. Married right before her 18 th birthday. Celina had three children. Because of her husband’s adultery she is scriptually free to remarry after the divorce. However, the stress of being a Witness, losing her husband, having no job skills to make enough money to pay her bills and taking care of Three children is killing her. Celina is currently on medication for depression. The congregation leaves her out of a lot of things. She is on welfare, which many of the “brothers” look down on. Celina is still a Witness, but is finding it harder to attend meetings. Besides, there are no brothers that want a “used up sister” with three kids she reasons. Celina’s future prospects look bleak.

3. Lisa: Baptized a Jehovah’s Witness at the age of 9. Lisa was a model witness. Lisa auxiliary pioneered during every CO’s visit, summer vacation and special offer month. Eventually starting Regular Pioneering right out of high school. She was used as an example of pursuing spiritual goals on Circuit and District Assemblies. Her goals were to someday serve in Bethel or become a missionary in some foreign land…maybe even marry another Pioneer and go into the Circuit Work. Lisa was a perfectionist and an excellent student. She always had the latest info from the Society and her comments were right on, well researched and thought out. Lisa began using the internet to research additional information for her Watchtower study. Lisa found out many things she had been taught by the Watchtower were actually untrue. Lisa began innocently to bring this to the attention of one of the elders she felt comfortable with. Lisa was disfellowshipped for Apostasy at age 28.

4. Sara: Sara didn’t feel comfortable getting baptized. She was sort of a free spirit and was afraid of getting into trouble as she had seen some of her friends do. Sara was always reprimanded for dressing “too worldy” playing her music too loud, not answering in the meetings or going in service. Sara didn’t see why she had to go to the Kingdom Hall. She even felt she was starting to doubt that God existed. Sara felt she could never measure up to her Parent’s expectations. Sara led a double life. She went to the meetings with her parents and partied with her “worldly” friends. Sara started “experimenting” with drugs and alcohol. She is confused about religion, life and even her own sexuality. Sara is an Agnostic. She goes to the memorial once a year. She has never told her parents how she really feels because she doesn’t want to disappoint them.

5. Cindy: Cindy was baptized at 13. She was your average witness. Went to every meeting. Saturday morning Field Service. Cindy married the “eligible” ministerial servant in the congregation. Her husband soon became an elder. Cindy is an elder’s wife. Her life is average. She isn’t really too happy, but life could be worse. At least they have Jehovah. Cindy feels a little neglected. Her and her husband never really talk and when they do, there is usually an argument. She is in denial about her husband’s drinking problem. “He just needs a little drink now and then to calm his nerves.” she thinks. Cindy finds comfort in food. Eating makes her feel better, happier. Although she has gained about 60 pounds since she got married she really isn’t aware that there’s a problem. They eat out after every meeting because there isn’t really time to sit down for a meal at home. She brings delicious deserts to congregation gatherings and buys “special goodies” for after the book study. Cindy is addicted to food.

6. Jessica: Jessica thinks a lot about baptism. She knows it’s the right thing to do when you are a worshiper of Jehovah. Jessica has a secret she keeps. Jessica was molested not soon after this picture was taken. She was five going on six. Her uncle, a man she sees at every meeting, sexually abused her several times. Jessica finds it hard to get the feelings and thoughts out of her mind. She is afraid that she will be punished if she tells. “How could Jehovah let this happen to me” she now thinks. “maybe I deserved it.” “I think I’m going to die in Armageddon."

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Ms. Whip,

That is about the saddest post I've seen in a long time. I find myself wishing your post is somehow fake. But it probably isn't.

• under_believer
    under_believer

All too realistic.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

"My dad was the PO, and he was embarassed tht I waited that long!"

That always ramped up the pressure, if your dad was a bigwig at the Hall. You were an embarassment to them if you weren't baptized, it made them look bad and hurt their "career."

That's a heckuva reason to push a kid to get baptized, if you ask me!

SirNose 586 and good girl or bad, I totally hear ya! Did we all have the same parents? Onc time, my dad said he was encouraging another brother to get his kid baptized, and they asked him, "What about your kid, is she baptized?" and he was so ashamed. The guilt trip did me in, hurting my dad like that, so I gritted my teeth and signed up when I was 16.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit