Oh MAN are they ever annoyed in Brooklyn!

by MinisterAmos 67 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LDH
    LDH
    You then spoke to someone of the legal staff about this recorded conversation, and he swore on the phone although he was well aware his conversation was likely being recorded. It seems to me that it is not only Brown that is stretching the truth.

Peter denied the Christ's existence three times when directly questioned. Are you insinuating that "God's Organization" is better than Peter?

• Satanus
    Satanus
    Maybe you should ask for Ted Jaracz's office next time.

Perhaps bro jaracz is not beyond using the f word, iether. Recorded, that would be priceless.

S

• Roddy
    Roddy
    I called the Information Dept politely asking if Mr Brown was still a witness after commiting verbal apostasy during the interview with LDH.

Please excuse my ignorance but what is "LDH"?

• Satanus
    Satanus

LDH is the poster who interviewed bro brownnose. See two posts before this one.

S

• Earnest
    Earnest

No, LDH, I am insinuating that a spokesman for the legal department would not cuss in a conversation he had good reason to believe was being recorded. To be more blunt, my impression is that MinisterAmos has jumped on the bandwagon of your success in phoning Mr Brown and has spiced his conversation with WTS to make a thread out of it.

Earnest

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

He said the "F" word?????

What part of the bible would that be found in?

1 Profanity 6, vs 9?

I got df'd in part for telling our po to go F himself.

Too bad (not really) the bast**rd is dead, or I would rub this one in his little stripper loving face. (Jim Marshall...Downsview)

Anyone else find that a particular thread stirs up a rage that is, for the most part, un-explainable? Don't want to highjack this thread, so maybe you can answer in a fresh thread.

Stealth453

• LDH
    LDH

Earnest,

That is entirely possible. I would not have believed the things Mr. Brown said either, except for the TWO phone calls in which I asked him to repeat his position that the JW church is not spirit-directed, and he did.

Did you know when calling the Watchtower, Witnesses are directed to the "Service Department" and the General Public is directed to the "Media Department?"

Lisa

• Earnest
    Earnest

Lisa,

You have a pm but, no, I did not know witnesses and members of the public were directed to different departments. However, it does not surprise me as the nature of the enquiry would likely be different. And I'm not really surprised at Brown's comments to you considering he thought he was speaking to a journalist who probably wouldn't understand the difference between being inspired (like the bible writers) and being spirit-directed.

This is the wrong thread to make the point but it comes down to much the same as what it means when overseers are appointed by holy spirit (Acts 20:28). But I quite agree it is unlikely Brown would have answered your questions in the same way had he been speaking to a witness.

Earnest

• TheListener
    TheListener

Earnest,

Are individuals under spirit direction more or less prone than individuals under inspiration to make mistakes in spiritual matters?

Is someone claiming spirit direction less accountable for spiritual errors than someone claiming inspiration?

As far as I'm concerned if an organization claims to be God's mouthpiece it is irrelevant whether they claim spirit direction or inspiration. If you must do what they say or lose God's grace then they've gone too far.

God's word the Bible is inspired. If someone who is anything less tells me what to do why MUST I follow them?

For others, is there really a biblical distinction between spirit direction and inspiration?

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Must be the higher ups @ Bethel do not know how to deal with getting caught with their trousers down.

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit