FINALLY READY TO CONQUER THE WORLD! YOU CAN HAVE THE CAR MOM AND DAD!!

by stillAwitness 40 Replies latest members private

• Soledad
    Soledad

Congratulations Stilla! Don't worry about the car or anything else. You can get those things all on your own within time.

You are a lot tougher than you think. Just trust yourself and the rest will follow.

You also remind me a lot of myself at your age Hang in there, the best is yet to come.

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

Reading these posts has me me feel 10 TIMES BETTER! Knowing you all went through this and came out fine is having me think: 'well what makes them different from me?"

As far as my employment situation goes: that's up in the air. Without the car (I'll be moving downtown which is 45 minutes from me job) I don't know how I'll still be able to go to work) So that is my biggest obstacle. No, my bf doesn't drive. He says what's the point when you live downtown

Good news is: He's not a sex offender! I checked his records at a .gov site and he's clean. Hey, you can never be too careful right? But he's a good guy.

I am ready to do this. Its now or never. The blackmail is getting out of hand. Parents in the real world would be doing BACKFLIPS to know their 22 year old finally has a stable job, putting her own gas in her car and so on.

Its time for me to just be in the real world...where things are NORMAL!

Thanks again guys!! I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR KIND WORDS AND ENCOURAGEMENT! YOU ARE THE REAL BROTHERS AND SISTERS THE BIBLE TALKS ABOUT! I LOVE YOU ALL!

• freetosee
    freetosee

StillA,

All the best for your future! The world is much different to what we have been told growing up in the org. Being independent at first was scary to begin with. I felt that other young adults were so much more advanced and independent compared with me, but everyone has their own fears to deal with.

Your parents are very cold and most probably think you just have to learn the hard way. You will come home crying, disappointed by the evil world. The lost daughter will find her way back home.

You have a great life ahead of you. From now on you can be yourself. (With all the fears of leaving I soon found out that only now I could really be me. This is precious and I realized it after living my own life.)

One life - live it!

Freetosee

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Way to go girl!

Strange as it may seem I'm sure deep inside your parents will be proud of you for the step you're taking.

The best of luck to you.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Stilla,

This is good news! There may be some tough days, but you'll feel really good about this move and gaining your independence. We're here if you need support.

• Es
    Es

Well done hun, im really proud of you. Parents can be so unreasonale at times, my father threatened to kick me out of home if i didnt dump my jw boyfriend, i packed my bags that night and left, his last words were if you walk out of this door your never welcome back. It was just so unreasonable but one of the best decisions i ever made.

All the best

Keep us updated

es

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Frank Sinatra said it best in one of his famous songs.

I did it my way.

Good luck, The Claw.

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

BRAVO TO YOU STILLA!!!

Now go and get 'em girlfriend!

You'll be just fine, in fact I think you will do better than fine, maybe even EXCELLENT??? :)

keep us up to date!

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Alright!!

Your parents are going to be very disappointed that the only thing they can really tempt you with is transport.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Good for you, Stilla! ((((((((()))))))))

You're not a young girl but a lovely young woman with years of happiness ahead of her! You have your own life to lead. We all support you here!

Love,

Ian

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit