FINALLY READY TO CONQUER THE WORLD! YOU CAN HAVE THE CAR MOM AND DAD!!

by stillAwitness 40 Replies latest members private

• Joe Grundy
    Joe Grundy

Dear Still

Don't know if I am going up or down or more important left or right.

Doesn't really matter which way you go - as long as it's YOUR way, and not the way that someone else is heading you.

Good luck.

• blondie
    blondie

This is emotional blackmail:

"You come home too late and I we won't be woken up at 1 in the morning just cause you are coming from work. You either quit or leave the house but make sure you leave the car keys."

Be glad you will be gone...JW or not this is not a good foundation for a relationship with anyone, mother or not (where is your dad in all of this...coward).

Like I said, I left a sexually abusive, alcoholic household at 18. My dad the sexual abuser, and my JW mom, the alcoholic who allowed it (alcohol is no excuse). I also had siblings to get out of that madness too.

I'm glad your boyfriend is helping. Don't underestimate help from non-JW relatives, neighbors, schoolmates, or workmates.

Love, Blondie

• delilah
    delilah

Stilla, you go girl!!! I remember being exactly where you are, and yes, I was scared to death. Only I was also DF'd....with really no-one to turn to. But, I made my own way....and it felt real good. It wasn't always easy, but it was my life, my way.

You will be OK....just trust in yourself. It may get lean at times, but that's what toughens us up and makes us who we are today. Best of luck to you both. You can do it!!!

• bubble
    bubble

Good luck stillA. You are making the right decision even if you are being pushed into it.

Wishing you every happiness on the outside. You'll be wondering why you didn't do it sooner in a couple of months.

Love Bubble. XXX

• undercover
    undercover

Good luck, Stilla...

You've got the right attitude...go conquer the world, just don't be too discouraged when things aren't always smooth. Keep plugging and enjoy life on your demands. Roll with the punches and enjoy the good times, remembering that sometimes you have to search to find them, they don't always fall in your lap.

I left home in a similar situation, though I was still a believing JW. It just got to be too much at my parents house and the rules they made so off I went. I've made mistakes, I've wasted money but I've learned a lot and I'd it do over in a second.

• damselfly
    damselfly

Good Luck!! You'll be fine, you've got a job, education and support. There is no reason for you not to succeed.

Dams

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings again Stilla,

Glad your going for it. You'll be happier. No worries about your mom, she'll come to her dunderhead senses.

Dismembered

• jambon1
    jambon1

Stilla, I have followed your story too. I wish you all the best. Yes it is a little scary but making any changes in life is like that. You must be brave and pursue what you want in life. Going back in any way to what you do not fully believe will be catastrophic to your future.

It is difficult not having much spare cash but we have all had to go through times like this. It makes you appreciate things when you ar a bit more well off.

But really, persevere, dont let the WT bully you (through your parents). Be glad that you have seen the light.

J

• juni
    juni

Hi Stilla!

You have come a long way since I read about your pioneering for the use of a car. Good for you that you are taking a stand. As Blondie wisely said, they are using emotional backmail. They probably don't think you'll follow through. But surprise, surprise. You are becoming wiser and seeing the situation for what it is.

You'll be alright Stilla. You also will be surprised at the support you will get from friends and neighbors (you already know that you can lean on our shoulders). I found this to be true when I was on my own.

You will feel truly empowered for standing up for yourself! It's a real good feeling!!

Best to you with love and hugs,

Juni

• wednesday
    wednesday

One has to wonder about parents who threaten their daughter over things like this. Itis not like you were out drinking or or something. anyway, it is definitely timeto go.

As everyone has said in their own way-it's life, not a death sentence. Congrats on leaving. Really life can be fun.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit