Firearms And Shooting...

by Justice-One 159 Replies latest social physical

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Having a gun in a holster on your belt makes visitors nervous though, but they get used to it.

Not if they don't know it's there. That's what "concealed carry" is about. I prefer not to make guests or total strangers freak out.

• catbert
    catbert

asleif_dufansdottir,

Revolver or autoloader?

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Revolver or autoloader?

What does this mean ... "or"???

My regular carry gun's an autoloader.

• catbert
    catbert

Many gun nuts like Kim du Toit, prefer the reliability of a revolver. No jams. Reliable as a fork. Get a missfire, just pull again.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Give me a revolver anyday for close quarters. I have a few speedloaders with alternating rounds (of intentionally unspecified nature) and I know for sure when it is unloaded.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Please take a look at my two short posts again, I didn't claim to be 'superior' to anyone. I said there was a huge gulf between us and on this issue there certainly is. Don't think that I wouldn't defend myself or my family to the death, of course I would, we all have that protective instinct within us - for most it even extends to strangers.

I am grateful to the thousands of American soldiers who have risked and lost their lives for us and wouldn't dishonor their memory for a moment. I just don't believe (and most Britons don't) that arming the general public is a good idea.

As for being a wuss, well it's a shame we only communicate via pc monitors. Call me a wuss to my face or threaten my family and you'll see how much of a wuss I am.

First and foremost I did not accuse you of being a wus. My exact words were a nation of wussus. I'm sure there are some exceptions. I'm also sorry I jumped on you, but it did sound to me as if you were acting slightly supperior.

I am glad that I finally met a Brit who can acknowledge the contribution that our country made to yours...in blood. Hell my Dad was over there, and he never was right after the war. He finally passed away, 100 percent disabled from WW2.

Sorry we got off on the wrong foot. Cultures are different and I understand that.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    Think how many bodies you'd have to find a place to hide. And all the uncomfortable conversations with the constables explaining away this nick, or that scratch, or why this hair was found in the missing person's home, or where you were on Tuesday last between 10:00 PM and 1:30 AM. I'd say it's a good thing we only communicate via electrons, eh, mate?

Yeah and think of how many really good friends you would have to have. After all, a good friend will hide you....a really good friend will help you hide the bodies.

Maybe not. It has been my experience that a good friend will bail you out of jail. A REALLY good friend is sitting beside you in the cell saying "man, we screwed up."

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I agree with you 100%. But I ask you this: if a perp breaks into your house and steals your gun and kills someone with it, what should your level of responsibility be?

We have laws about that. Here in California if a teen (or adult) gains access to your firearm you are NOT at fault, if the person had to break the law to get it. For example, I keep my firearms (all but the one that is kept cocked and locked by my side, or in my holster) behind locked doors, in a safe. If they were stolen, I bear no responsibility.

BTW, if a perp stole your car and killed someone with it, what should YOUR level of responsibilty be?

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    This is why education is so important. Especially shoot/don't shoot scenarios.

I do not even want to think about how much money I have spent on training.Gunsite is not cheap, and just during that one week I capped off 1000 rounds of .45 ACP.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Personally I bow to the knowledge of Jeff Cooper. In trained hands, the .45 can't be beat.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit