What I heard the JW's say in light of this tragedy

by Bridgette 66 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

TR, that is perhaps a little mean. However JWs are just as callous as their God.

"Hand me that whiskey, I need to consult the spirit."-J.F. Rutherford

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

Considering that they are not supposed to be online in the first place, perhaps you are correct Pork Chop.

Slipnslidemaster: "I don't know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
    - Albert Einstein

• Richie
    Richie

Pork Chop,. there are always exceeptions to the rule and you are one of them, the others who have written to this board do not lie about it, but say so as they have heard it from the horse's mouth.
    Of course there are many witnesses who are more passionate as others, but it's the general consensus of thought when tragedy happens, only those who are in the same faith are basically counted worthy of mention....Others are not as important, because they are part of the world.., and believe me Porkchop, this is a fact...

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• HalfWayThere
    HalfWayThere

An excerpt from a news story on an Australian news site.....

"Officials across the world condemned the attacks but in the West Bank city of Nablus, thousands of Palestinians celebrated, chanting "God is Great" and handing out candy."

Hmmm. Is it just me or does that sound alot like the JW's saying "praise Jehovah"?

Owen
    Of the "lost my appetite for candy" class

• jelly
    jelly

Brigitte,

I have read many terrific articles exposing the activities and feelings of Jehovah’s Witnesses. Articles by people like Shaun, JanH, and even that lovable Kent. But even with all their well researched and soundly thought out information the simple compare and contrast you have written sheds more light on the thinking of JW’s than they have. I wish everyone could read what you have posted.

Jelly

• FiveShadows
    FiveShadows

first things first...Venice.. i mean't no disrespect...i misunderstood your statement so i apologize in regards the statement previously in the other board.

As far as Jehovah's witnesses reaction in regards this...the witnesses that i know back "home" in california ...the reaction would be just as cold hearted and unloving as the Pharisee's in regards those that were sick or lame or blind etc.. I know of this because when the oklahoma city bombing occured...all i ever in regards the situation was: "see what happens when you're part of satan's world?" Failing to realize the scripture put in acts 2:17 where it specifically says that holy spirit would be upon ALL flesh! It's very unloving and uncaring to label someone part of Satan's "world" / 'organization' based on their misery as well as the fact that the people weren't even responsible for this action! it was the people that did it! ...However, if a Jehovah's Witness brother or sister was in the middle of it...they would scream out for their safety however disregard anyone else's safety just because they themselves were not a witness.

No...this is not based on assumption...i recieved the same reaction and statements from the witnesses back when oklahoma city bombing occured. Yes i was a jw back then (not anymore thank god) yet i still couldn't believe what i was hearing from these "christ-like" people.

everyone should be praying for anyone...jw or not..that was invovled in this incident today.

FiveShadows

"I heard him talking to me; I did not listen. I heard him praying for me; I did not listen. I heard him crying for me; I still did not listen. Then I heard he died for me; and by this point all I had lived for mean't nothing." ~FiveShadows

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

We have had several phone calls from people concerned to know of the situation of my relatives currently in Manhattan. I appreciate their concern.

Of the JWs who've called, ALL of them have commented that this is a sign of the end. They have also expressed their concern for "the brothers" in Manhattan. My response that there are thousands of PEOPLE there who we should be concerned about, they are not dissuaded. Sadly, persons who are non-JWs are not their concern, nor is sympathy shown to the emergency service crews or the pilots of the ill-fated planes.

This is the reality of life in the borg. It matters not how much the WTS proclaim the concern of JWs for all in their community, this message is lost on the R&F.

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Sorry, but this is straight from the "horses mouth."
    My niece (JW) called me today. The first thing she said was, "I'm glad none of the Bethelites got hurt." I hung up on her. The callousness they show is just as bad as the kids dancing in the street taking candy and saying..."God is good."

Is my heart "treacherous?" Is my conscience hardened? How can that be when I care about both the brothers and sisters at Bethel AND the innocent victims who perished?

April

"Love never dies." Voivodul Vlad Draculea (from Bram Stoker's Dracula-1992)

• chasson
  • princecharmant
    princecharmant

Sorry folks, but posters on WOL are definitely NOT representative of JW feelings. I am sick and tired of some of you poaching nonsense from that board and using it to categorize millions of Jehovah's Witnesses. My first and only reaction to this disaster is grief. Grief for the thousands who have perished, grief for their families, grief for the nation, grief for humanity. And I am still a Jehovah's Witness. It shouldn't take too hard an effort to understand that on boards such as these, those who post express their opinion and feelings. I don't read WOL - I find no interest in discussing favourite pizzas and artists, etc.; and I don't see how any opinions expressed in that board should be construed to represent mine or that of any of more than six million witnesses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit