What I heard the JW's say in light of this tragedy

by Bridgette 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Angst
    Angst
    Here's some love for ya- why couldn't the Bethel complex have been closer to the World Trade Center?

TR

My thoughts exactly!!!

• joelbear
    joelbear

I enjoyed Kent's synopsis of the comments on the Witness board. As I understand it WOL is pretty strict about who they allow to post and they could certainly take down posts that they believe are not representative of Jehovah's Witnesses.

They do believe 5,994,000,000 are going to be killed at Armageddon. That is simply part of their belief system.

They believe that is what god will have to do in order to bring peace to the earth. I got the latest Watchtower yesterday and that's what it said. There is no other solution.

If Satan is the cause of the trouble and Satan is misleading the majority of mankind, why not destroy Satan, create a world with an abundance of food and resources and start governing it justly from the heavens. Why start all over from scratch. I think people proved yesterday that almost all are willing to help their fellow man, even give their lives to help save them. Isn't that what Jesus said, love your neighbor, even be willing to die for them. Seems to me most of mankind passes this test.

peace

Joel

• Tina
    Tina

Hi jt,
    believe me,I fully understand it. it didn't quash every shred of deceny I had and have. I'm speaking for myself. i do understand why they think as they do. And yes disgust is warranted,even tho I ubderstand mind control.Tina

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• Tina
    Tina

Frenchy, The evidence speaks for itself . That IS perverted thinking they display. Thats the truth and the truth about their general mindset doesnt diminish Kents credibility at all.
    What it does is diminish any credibilty of a group of people who purport to be followers of christ.
    And this behavior has been inculcated into the by those who profess to be directed by god. So their god is a wacko then.Tina

PS. Frenchy why dont you print out some greatcrowd or WOL responses.Show them to a couple of nomral everyday people. And see if they dont tell you this is perverted thinking.. Like the lady who was thrilled. The disregard for humanity(other than their own) the glee as they look forward to more death and destruction.

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

• JT
    JT

Tina

you are like my wife- SHE HAD deep feeling for others-- but sad to say the indocrination has for the most part been very effective for the majority of JW- they have very little feeling for others outside of the "family"

just read their post and you will see just how sincere they really are
    of course we all know that being sincere has nothing to do with being right

• DIM
    DIM

although i'm a JW in good standing, my wife and I are planning on leaving the org. ASAP. I no longer believe many of the teachings.....yesterday i experienced both sides of what is expressed in this post....my mom who is a regular pioneer made several disgusting comments and only cared about the JW's who may have been killed. HOWEVER, at bookstudy last night nobody made any comments like that and actually were pretty reasonable and concerned. I really don't think you can say that ALL people of a group are a certain way. That is really close minded.

• Tina
    Tina

((((((jt and Mrs jT)))))))))

Hi Dim,
    No one said they are ALL like that.Unfortunately the majority are.Welcome aboard.Tina

• DIM
    DIM

Hi Tina - i have to agree with you. MOST of the JW's are like that. true.

• D wiltshire
    D wiltshire

Tina,

This thread really gives one pause, and a inducement to think inwardly in order to rethink what values are important to us individually.

Many of us who used to think like YK, Chipster, and others are glad we can be more human in our compassion and show a much broader fellow feeling.

I'm sure there are a lot of lurkers who will see the need to change their veiw, or were in the prossess before this tragedy, and now have been solidified in there changed veiw.

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

JT, DIM, Prince Charmant,
    Thank you for helping to put a human face on a few. I was hoping in SOME way that this post would illicit that from SOMEWHERE. That a voice, no matter how faint from WITHIN the organization would say: "I care", "I hurt", "I FEEL for my fellow humans (not JUST humans who are JW's)" sans the WT dogma. Unfortunately, I know from my experience (over 20 years in the ORG) that these faint voices are few and far between, but it's a start--and I'm hopeful. Thank you. I hope just for a moment, JW's everywhere will connect with the human race again. I hope we all will.
    I feel a lot of hope this morning. I know we will rebuild, we have shown tremendous human compassion. We have reconnected with our humanity. Not JW, not exJW, not Muslim, not Christian, not Atheist, not Pagan, just human.
    Love and PEACE to all,
    Bridgette

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit