What I heard the JW's say in light of this tragedy

by Bridgette 66 Replies latest jw friends

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

Okay, I know (or want to believe) that not all Jehovah's Witnesses are this calloused. At least I hope not. There are some good, caring people, but here are some stark contrasts I've observed today that remind me of how glad I am that I'm not part of such an overall UNLOVING group of people. IF Christ WERE right, and one could recognize his chosen ones by their fruits, well......

This is what I heard a Catholic priest say regarding the tragedy today:
    "May God have mercy on us, and all who were involved in this great tragedy. Let's pray for those who are going through this."
    What I "heard" of a JW saying:
    "Our brothers worldwide deal with this kind of problem every day!"—rep from Bethel. Good point, but CALLOUSED & devoid of emotion, and PEOPLE worldwide deal with this daily—not just JW’s.
    What I heard a B'Hai person say today:
    "I pray for everyone who's affected by this....I'm worried about all of the caregivers, too" (she also expressed concern that people of middle eastern descent would suffer undue repurcussions.
    What I heard a JW say:
    “the fun begins when the terrorists are identified and recompense is sought by the United States.. oh, and not to mention the ramifications in the global markets....
    yep, like i said folks...."welcome to the GT.....and the finale is the Big A"..”—Chipster, JWD poster, defender of JW faith, speculating on the expected “fun” of a global economic crash as an aftermath of this tragedy.
    What I heard a pagan say:
    “Grieving for the souls lost today, and for all who are suffering because of Religious Fanatacism”—Silver Leaf—JWD poster and gentle Pagan.
    What I heard a JW say:
    “It is definitely going to get interesting when and if the markets open; and just think, we haven't even gotten into my favorite month of October yet. See ya! / You Know” JWD poster and defender of JW faith, expressing confidence (and revelry) that this tragic event will serve some purpose of his.
    What a Catholic nun said to me:
    "Isn't this terrible? Do you have family there? May the lord be with us."
    a Jehovah's Witness elder said, “yes, this doesn't worry us, we know the end is coming.” --Where's the love?
    And finally countless people stood in lines for up to 4 hours to donate blood for a tragedy hundreds of miles away. Many donate money, open churches to harbor people stranded in the nations many airports. ALL those I came in contact with expressed deep sadness, hopefulness, compassion.
    While sadly, countless quotes off of WOL (a board for good witnesses) ran along the lines of “praise Jehovah” “I rejoice in Jehovah”……..
    Please tell me there's SOME who are not so calloused, or just thinking of themselves. Then again, it's nice to be reminded that yes, I made the RIGHT DECISION by leaving this organization. Because, even IF they were right (and I in NO WAY BELIEVE THEY ARE) I would never want to live in eternity in such a "paradise" full of self serving, unfeeling, uncaring, blood thirsty individuals.

Love,
    Bridgette

• VeniceIT
    VeniceIT

AMEN!!!!

It's sick truely sick. What bothers me is to think that this could have been my responce not to terribly long ago!

Ven

• BoozeRunner
    BoozeRunner
    a Jehovah's Witness elder said, ?yes, this doesn't worry us, we know the end is coming.?

I dont think Jesus will show up on an American or United Ailines jet.

Boozy

• StifflersErSlayersBrother
    StifflersErSlayersBrother

Technically, Im a healing callous. Im still a dub and I think everything that I hear these people saying just makes me sick. Its terrible how they leech off this.

• dungbeetle
    dungbeetle

yeah Venice...once it could have been me too.

(((VeniceIT)

dungbeetle...cleaning up the crap.

• Richie
    Richie

Bridgette, the way you portrayed the reactions of the JW's are so typical of them versus us - It's almost as if the JW's have become subhuman, an alien race not capable of a normal reaction to the grief of many thousands of people... It just goes to show how they are trained to react: pretending to be loving and yet by their fruits you will recognize them!!! (Like you, I am eternally grateful not to be part of an Organization so callously controlled by aliens) That's why I call them the "bodysnatchers" (did you ever see that movie??)

:*) Richie

You are the music as long as the music last...............

• patio34
    patio34

Bridgette, good points and I concur. StifflersSlayerLayerBrother (close?), that's a good way of putting it: JWs 'leech' off this.

I can just hear the wheels turning trying to turn this into a 'witness' (read recruiting opportunity). They don't really care, because isn't their god going to do much worse at the big A?

Pat

• RedhorseWoman
    RedhorseWoman

Excellent contrasts, Bridgette. I have been reading the posts at WOL on this tragedy, and by and large the comments revolve around speculation that this is the Great Tribulation beginning, and excitement that they will now get more people to listen to them out in field service.

Except for one or two posters, all of them have expressed concern for JWs only....."I hope our brothers are all right"....."I hope the brothers doing street work were not hurt"......"Oh, thanks to Jehovah, Bethel was not damaged".

WHAT GHOULS THEY ARE!!!! I am ashamed and sickened to know that at one point in time I would have thought exactly the same thing. Instead, tonight I came home from work and asked my husband to fly the American flag outside our home to symbolize our support and sympathy for those who are suffering today. I am trying to bolster my courage to donate blood. After all the years as a JW, this is a very frightening thing.....but it is needed, and I want to do SOMETHING to help. Something other than pushing religious magazines on grief-stricken people.

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

I went to the meeting tonight and all I heard was what a terrible tragedy it was, various versions of that, how sad everyone must feel about these terrible events, that from the platform. The plight of all, including and primarily non-Witnesses, was mentioned in prayer. I didn't hear one inappropriate comment such as those being mentioned here. Maybe the on-line Witness community is not so representative.

• TR
    TR

Here's some love for ya- why couldn't the Bethel complex have been closer to the World Trade Center?

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit