Shocking Announcement: Society feels Armaggedon coming this year?

by truthseeker 154 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    blondie said: In the first place, the WTS teaches that Armageddon is the end phase of the great tribulation which starts with the DESTRUCTION OF ALL RELIGION. Then the marriage of the bride (all 144,000 literal anointed) in heaven to Christ (I wonder if those young ones are going to miss it or die early?). Then Gog of Magog (Satan) will attack the WTS. Then Armageddon will start....

OK, correct me if I'm wrong in this, but don't they teach that some of the 144,000 will "still be alive" when the Big A comes? And that they'll live in "the New System" for a short amount of time before they "die a natural death" and "enter heaven"?? If that's the case, I'd like to know how the "marriage of the Lamb" can take place BEFORE Gog's attack on Columbia Heights/Patterson and Armageddon........or did I miss some "New Light"?? Blondie??

• luna2
    luna2

Yeah, there's quite a few things that are going to have to happen lickety split aren't there. Hmmm...wasn't the Good Noos supposed to be preached to the entire earth before the end too? I mean, in India there are like 2 JWs ...pretty sure they haven't talked to everybody there yet. Same thing in China. Guess "everybody" only counts if you live in Europe or North America.

Though, I suppose you could come up with some crap reasons why it isn't necessary that the whole world get the message.

• undercover
    undercover

The WTS is dumb but not stupid...or is it, stupid but not dumb? anyhoo...I think this is one of them deals where they "leak" just a little info through some Bethelites, missionaries, DOs or COs and just enough dubs here some snippets of talk like, "special announcement, Armageddon, end of religion, it's close" all in one talk and they put two and two together to get five. And that's what the WTS wants them to think. It'll never be in print and by the time the "special annoucement" is expected, other stuff will have replaced it as foremost in their minds and the "special announcement" will fizzle out to be a special tract to hand out in service.

• Siddhashunyata
    Siddhashunyata

Al Gore is the angel of La-o-di-cea.

• james_woods
    james_woods

If I were in the mess the GB made for themselves after "Generation" and "all annointed must not die before the end", then...

I believe that if I wanted to do a "shocking announcement" in September - I would state the case that all witnesses should partake of the emblems, so that they would no longer need to count up the annointed.

Not a prophecy, of course - just my take on a way to weasel out of a trap.

• Quandry
    Quandry

I was thinking the "new light" on the nethinim meant that the 144,000 need not be alive when the big A comes. Was I wrong? I could not get all the changes straight.

• blondie
    blondie

Mary, I have researched that and the WTS says both situations are possible. Some of the anointed may be on the earth when the GT starts........but won't all of them have to be heaven for the wedding shortly thereafter. If Armageddon is coming by the end of this year, those 144,000 still on earth will have to be in heaven by then.

w96 1/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

Most of these anointed ones have already died, with heavenly life in view. Some are still alive on earth. All eagerly look forward to the heavenly "marriage of the Lamb." The Bible links that marriage to the time of the approaching great tribulation—the destruction of Babylon the Great, and then the elimination of the rest of Satan’s system.—Revelation 18:2-5; 19:2, 7, 11-21; Matthew 24:21.

w90 8/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

However, the presentation in Revelation is not in strict sequential order. And it is not as though the small remnant of anointed ones will be needed to get the new world underway, for they have already trained millions of loyal Christians who will live forever on earth. Accordingly, God could take his anointed ones to heaven immediately after the destruction of Babylon the Great, setting the stage for "the marriage of the Lamb" to occur. All the holy ones could thus share with Christ in ‘shepherding the nations with an iron rod’ in the remainder of the great tribulation. (Revelation 2:26, 27; 19:11-21) If that is how God handles things, all the 144,000 would be with Jesus to ‘rule as kings with the Christ for the entire one thousand years.’—Revelation 20:4.

w93 5/1 p. 26 Deliverance at the Revelation of Jesus Christ ***

) Revelation 19:6 is in the context of the destruction of Babylon the Great. With the removal of harlotlike religion, Jehovah’s Godship stands vindicated. Worship of him as Supreme Sovereign and King will prevail now for all eternity!

Hence, the exultant announcement may be made: "Let us rejoice and be overjoyed, and let us give [Jah] the glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself. Yes, it has been granted to her to be arrayed in bright, clean, fine linen, for the fine linen stands for the righteous acts of the holy ones." (Revelation 19:7, 8) Just when the anointed yet remaining on earth will receive their heavenly resurrection is not stated. But we are assured in the context here that their sharing in the marriage of the Lamb, Christ Jesus, will be a happy time, and all the more so since they will have witnessed firsthand the humiliation of the infamous harlot, Babylon the Great.

it-2 p. 787 Resurrection ***

Evidently, though, "the marriage of the Lamb" does not take place until after judgment has been executed upon "Babylon the Great." (Re 18) After describing the destruction of this "great harlot," Revelation 19:7 says: "Let us rejoice and be overjoyed, and let us give him the glory, because the marriage of the Lamb has arrived and his wife has prepared herself." When all the 144,000 have been finally approved and "sealed" as faithful ones and have been resurrected to the heavens, the marriage can proceed.

Blondie

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    If this rumor takes off, there's going to be a lot of disappointed dubbies out there!

Yes indeed as they will be struck down on Judgement day.

• james_woods
    james_woods

So, if they really are to reign for the full 1000 years, - WT chronology is upon the horns of a dilemmna:

There are just too many of the annointed around to expect the end this year. They are also not dissapearing fast enough for it to occur withing several years.

On the other hand, they probably want to have some new annointed around to validate the new GB members. These young ones, needed to keep the GB non-senile as a whole, have to be young enough to last for quite a while.

That's why my logic would say that maybe they should think about dumping the obvious ritual count of this embarrasing number at memorial.

But, I know I am underestimating their ego and stubbornness to be held as special ones.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I just sent a book to the GB "The Little Boy Who Cried Wolf!"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit