TURN ON CNN: PLANE HIT WORLD TRADE CTR BLDG!!!

by MadApostate 181 Replies latest social current

• joelbear
    joelbear

somehow i knew if i came here someone would have brought that entry to the top. i was on here 3 years ago and remember seeing that entry for the first time. it hits my gut just as hard now as it did then.

Mitch and I went to ground zero this summer. It is a very eerie place. the ghosts of all that lost human potential hangs heavy in the air.

Religion is such a horrible deception.

Live life, love others. Enough of a moral code for me.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I agree with avishai. let's address politics some other time on some other thread

[Yvette Anderson] Yvette, this is for you. we miss you.

[Kermit Charles Anderson] to all vicitms and their families. WE WILL NEVER FORGET

Love, Soledad, whose heart is still hurting

• Cicatrix
    Cicatrix

I'm shedding tears in rememberance of those who died today three years ago.

And tears for all in the world who have died from senseless acts of violence:(

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Winston:

It's natural and healthy that as we got back on with our lives that this feling of horror subsided. But it is good to recall the lessons that were learned from that trajic event.

Special K:

I will always remember watching the two towers collapse on T.V. .. and feeling a sense of emptiness and just complete loss. It was like hearing thousands of voices screaming out for help and then silence.

Bisous:

Having just returned from NYC/Wall Street ... I was awake prior to the attack with CNN on ... preparing coffee. As the emergency coordinator for a major brokerage firm's international division, the ensuing week was like a dream.... offices out of contact, colleagues missing, hourly conference calls coordinating from west coast to east coast, employees stranded across the nation..... hours of crying, hours of numbness, hours of automaton-like completion of tasks....grim realization that some missing colleagues were murdered colleagues.

Also poignant recollection of the following year or so biographies highlighted in the New York Times, daily write-ups of the murdered individuals, endlessly portrayed for what seemed an eternity until finally the last victim was memorialized in what was IMO the best of all the ways proffered.

Thank you, SK, for bringing this thread up from 3 years of archiving..........reading this thread, from the moment it happened, on up thru all the years..........it's become fantastically, warmly and lovingly obvious to me that most of us have a deep, ingrained love for humans.......our fellow man/woman.........whether they are from Africa or New Zealand.....................or all points inbetween.......love and are loved unconditionally. So, on this 3rd year anniversary, I want to dedicate all to Love. Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41
    Mitch and I went to ground zero this summer. It is a very eerie place. the ghosts of all that lost human potential hangs heavy in the air.

Religion is such a horrible deception.

Live life, love others. Enough of a moral code for me.

Have to agree with JoelBear here!

Terri

• bem
    bem

Terri I often wondered how it affected folks here on the forum that horrible day to know so many lives were being lost, I just purposely never looked for anything in the archives your words expressed what I was thinking myself.

Thank you, SK, for bringing this thread up from 3 years of archiving..........reading this thread, from the moment it happened, on up thru all the years..........it's become fantastically, warmly and lovingly obvious to me that most of us have a deep, ingrained love for humans.......our fellow man/woman.........whether they are from Africa or New Zealand.....................or all points inbetween.......love and are loved unconditionally. So, on this 3rd year anniversary, I want to dedicate all to Love. Terri
  • Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    I find the posting of that song offensive to the victims of 911. It's about RELIGIOUS FANATACISM, PEOPLE!

Exactly HOW is that poem "religious fantacism?"

And you must not have read the whole poem (not song)....

"3000 some poems disguised as people
    on an almost too perfect day
    should be more than pawns
    in some asshole's passion play
    so now it's your job
    and it's my job
    to make it that way
    to make sure they didn't die in vain "

This poem is Ani's thought's on 9/11. Completely appropriate and relevant to the thread on this day.

• avishai
    avishai

911 was about religious fanatacism.

The song is'nt about religious fanatacism, but it blames the USA for Al Queda's attack on the US. Which is ridiculous. Silly. Horrifying.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake
    911 was about religious fanatacism.

The song is'nt about religious fanatacism, but it blames the USA for Al Queda's attack on the US. Which is ridiculous. Silly. Horrifying.

No, it means that America needs to learn a lesson from the events that happened. It's obvious that we haven't, and that is dishonorable to the victims.

• avishai
    avishai
    No, it means that America needs to learn a lesson from the events that happened. It's obvious that we haven't, and that is dishonorable to the victims.

What lesson? Convert to Islam or perish? See, that's what Osam Bin Laden says he wants. He says if we don't all convert to Islam, or he will kill or enslave us all.

Again, what lesson? Your statements are tantamount to a justification of the attacks. Disgusting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit