TURN ON CNN: PLANE HIT WORLD TRADE CTR BLDG!!!

by MadApostate 181 Replies latest social current

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

- For all the families affected by that tragic day.

What lesson? Convert to Islam or perish? See, that's what Osam Bin Laden says he wants. He says if we don't all convert to Islam, or he will kill or enslave us all.

Totally agree.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Leo, is it ok if i share your pictures?

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

GOD BLESS AMERICA.

GOD BLESS THE PEOPLE AFTER HIS OWN HEART.

AMEN Im afraid its comments like this that tend to lose the U.S some sympathy imo.yes it was a terrible Day and yes the perpetrators deserve everything they will (eventually)get. But maybe we should also try to remember the everyday casualties that occur in other Countries due to American (and its Allies,inc GB)foreign policies.

• avishai
    avishai
    No, it means that America needs to learn a lesson from the events that happened.

One more thing. This is almost exactly like telling a rape victim;

"Well, you should'nt have worn such a short skirt and egged him on!!" Yes, the US has done terrible things. But 911 was not a direct result of them. Radical Islam has been around for 1300 years. The US for 228 or so. You do the math.

• Nancy Drake
    Nancy Drake

What lesson? Convert to Islam or perish? See, that's what Osam Bin Laden says he wants. He says if we don't all convert to Islam, or he will kill or enslave us all.

Again, what lesson? Your statements are tantamount to a justification of the attacks. Disgusting

I think the poem says it best...That's why I posted it in the first place.

"yes, the lessons are all around us
    and a change is waiting there
    so it's time to pick through the rubble, clean the streets
    and clear the air
    get our government to pull its big dick out of the sand
    of someone else's desert
    put it back in its pants
    and quit the hypocritical chants of
    freedom forever
    cuz when one lone phone rang
    in two thousand and one
    at ten after nine
    on nine one one
    which is the number we all called
    when that lone phone rang right off the wall
    right off our desk and down the long hall
    down the long stairs
    in a building so tall
    that the whole world turned
    just to watch it fall"

I find nothing "disgusting" about supporting peace instead of misdirected retaliation. But somehow that is indistinguishable from the belief of a terrorist? To make an association like that seems narrow-minded and "silly."

Instead of being angry that the government has capitalized on the grief of 9/11, instead of being angry that Bush disrespected the victims by opposing an independent investigation of it, instead of being angry that the government couldn't show respect by putting its military resources toward actually CATCHING BIN LADEN, you are going to act like your feelings are hurt by my posting of a poem.

Horrifying.

• avishai
    avishai
    yes,
    us people are just poems
    we're 90% metaphor
    with a leanness of meaning
    approaching hyper-distillation
    and once upon a time
    we were moonshine
    rushing down the throat of a giraffe
    yes, rushing down the long hallway
    despite what the p.a. announcement says
    yes, rushing down the long stairs
    with the whiskey of eternity
    fermented and distilled
    to eighteen minutes
    burning down our throats
    down the hall
    down the stairs
    in a building so tall
    that it will always be there
    yes, it's part of a pair
    there on the bow of noah's ark
    the most prestigious couple
    just kickin back parked
    against a perfectly blue sky
    on a morning beatific
    in its indian summer breeze
    on the day that america
    fell to its knees
    after strutting around for a century
    without saying thank you
    or please

The lines outlined in red are what I have a particular problem with, as well as some of the rest of it. It insinuates, once again, that we are somehow at fault for what OBL has done, and that he is somehow righteous for what he did.

However, it's interesting to me that you would automatically lump me in with those who have knee jerk support for the actions we made after 911. I made no such assertion. I have no problem with the invasion of afghanistan. I feel we should have done so sooner. If the people being brutalized by the taliban were anything but women I think we might have. I think it's disgusting that it took us this long. However, I have my own problems with the Iraq invasion. However, this thread is not the one to post those reservations, IMO.

you are going to act like your feelings are hurt by my posting of a poem.
    You do not know me, yet once again, you make assumptions about my feelings and thoughts, saying I am "acting". Let me assure you that I am not. My fellings ARE hurt by those who want to defend Al Queda. I am not, however, automatically putting you in this category.
  • lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa

In memory of all those who lost their lives that day, and for all the thousands more who lost dear loved ones and for whom the world will never be the same. And for all of us.

Remember.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    In memory of all those who lost their lives that day

Rest in peace

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

I second that BigTex:

In memory of all those who lost their lives that day

Rest in peace

Kate

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Thought this was worth bringing to the top on the 5th anniversay. Visited Ground Zero a year ago.

Hope I live long enough to see it re-built and alive again.

May we someday become rational enough to live in peace, though the events of these last five years have left me so very, very skeptical of humanity's ability to do that.

I think we are further from peace than ever, and I see fundamentalist, literalist religions of all stripes at the core of this insanity. If you read some of the other posts today, you see how even some JWs almost cheered on this kind of travesty. If you are god's favorite child, if you know what is best for everyone and god is guiding you, if you have The Truth, you become capable of committing the most horrendous atrocities.

I wish you all peace, and freedom from mindless religion.

S4

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit