TURN ON CNN: PLANE HIT WORLD TRADE CTR BLDG!!!

by MadApostate 181 Replies latest social current

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Actually it was a bit of misinformation the real story is:

Not that a plane hit the Twin Towers but that a TWIN ENGINE PLANE hit a control tower.
    You know how repoter's are alway trying to make something bigger than it really is.

D Wiltshire, would you like to revise your statement?

• wednesday
    wednesday

I saw this thread, and wanted to go back and read the replies b/c i wasn't on the board at the time.

We should all look at the pics again and hear it again. We do not ever want to let this horrible thing leave our memory. We should not forget. We should remember what a price we paid.We should not go soft on terrorists and forget what they have done to our county.

I felt like vomiting when i read what some of the other jws wee saying. JWS judgment indeed.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82

i can't believe it's been two years already. i still remember every single detail about that day - what i wore, what i packed in my lunch in the morning right before i found out, everything.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

What a sad, crazy day.

• tinkerbell82
    tinkerbell82
    If you aren't sick enough by now, read this:

http://www.witnessesonline.com/cgi-bin/cgiwrap/witnessesonline/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000143

(salsadiva) I am sure the friends in Nueva York and elsewhere are having a witnessing field day. Isn't it something to SEE Jehovah's word in action????

Is this the first thing this obviously completely braindead woman can think of? FIELD SERVICE?!!

Excuse me, I have to vomit now.

f.

i cannot believe this.

• Brummie
    Brummie

Seems like it just happened yesterday! The shock is still as fresh as the day it happened! I agree with wednesday, never forget it or let it pale into the distance.

This day made me proud to be English in the sense that Blair stood right next to the USA. I flew the USA flags in my window for weeks. We felt helpless here yet wanted to get right besides the workers at ground zero.

I'm glad this was bttt

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

After reading some of the posts, I recalled how horrifying that day was.

I recall how I found about it and then turning on the TV to see live the 2nd plane hit.

The original amount of anticipated deaths, the false reports of bombs being set off, the cheering Palestinian adults and even children!

When WTC 1 & 2 finally fell, I forgot just how stunned I was. I think this picture brought back some of those feelings for me:

alt

The SHOCK in peoples faces, of NYC citizens who were complete strangers from so many different ethnic groups, financial status, or religous beliefs at one moment all seemed like one betrayed family that pulled together to help each other out in that dire time of need.

On a smaller scale, a simlar feeling of family was recalled to me when the blackouts occured in NYC. I think that if 9-11 never happened, the blackouts may have gave rise to a different reaction in some NY'ers. Not that 9-11 was good in any sense, but it was promising to see that a city with such a diverse and monstrous population could better themselves and 'grow' as a family from such a tragic event.

It's natural and healthy that as we got back on with our lives that this feling of horror subsided. But it is good to recall the lessons that were learned from that trajic event.

It still amazes me reviewing what happened.

What men can rationalize in the name of religion...

Winston.

• crownboy
    crownboy

Being that I was in NYC at the time, I definitely have vivid memories of the attack.

It certainly doesn't feel like two years have passed, time sure has a way of moving by fast, I suppose. I remember that last year on the one year anniversary it was a little more poignant for me than it is this year, but the events of 9/11/2001 will always live in my mind and have an impression on me, without question.

• pr_capone
  • freedom96
    freedom96

Reading all those posts from two years ago....... wow. I don't have any words for this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit