For All Who Are Going to the Convention This Year

by drew sagan 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Anybody know when the DCs in Northern California will be held? They used to have several in San Francisco about this time.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Drew if I could afford it I'd pack my modest dress, fly over to the US and attend the convention just to meet you! I hope you get through it okay.

• Midget-Sasquatch
    Midget-Sasquatch

If I were to play by Borg rules, I'd be going to one of the assemblies in Hamilton. Not too bad because there's Jackson square to kill time in. And they have a smallish cinema with matinees. Can't tell you how much money I've blown going to the movies there. Although I was miffed once by how the timing was a bit off and I had to rendevous with family before I could see the end of Eraser. I may be visiting some people in Kingston this time round, and just say I'll go to the DC in Ottawa.

P.S. Two rather memorable events came to mind. Once when I was walking around in Jackson Square this rather handsome strapping young man asks me for the time (yeah I wished I looked like him instead of like a grubby grumpy cavey junior). He then asks me if I was at some of the convention program. I'm like thinking who the bleep are you and why do you care? (Although I must say he was very affable throughout) Turned out he's a local witness who attended the week before, and get this, he was going on about how there was a very encouraging part for youth coming up and said he was glad he took it in. Apparently I wouldn't regret listening to it. I thanked him and walked in the general direction back to the stadium for a bit. Another time, I ran into somebody I knew from first year university, I the dope I always am was actually wearing my convention badge. I never told her or anyone else about my jw background (nix that, I did tell one chick who I thought I'd get off my case). I was so embarrassed I couldn't look her in the eyes, was transparently uncomfortable having been spotted and I wanted to leave so quick. She had no badge (damn it!) and said it was the first time she ever came to one of these with some family member. She was one hot and intelligent babe, who was working for a pharmaceutical company, while I at the time was working at some menial job. I was so embarrassed I didn't even get any cheering up from seeing any of the other young women walking around in their vacuum tight clothing.
  • merfi
    merfi

I will NOT be going to Lincoln, Nebraska DC June 30-July 2.

Doing fireworks with the family instead.

~merfi

• rassillon
    rassillon

Anyone going to Katy, Tx June 30 - July 2 ?

• Cordelia
    Cordelia

anyone going to the manchester uk one

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Just a quick question......

I know that bona fide Dubs will be issued with badges, so won't those without badges be conspicuous and viewed with suspicion?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Cordelia:Hopefully not you

Theocrat:That was a little uncalled for. Besides, why on earth are you going to one yourself, if there isn't some kind of fear there?

You may not fear being busted, but I suspect there's some alterior motive beyond getting yourself into a trancendental state of boredom.

• magoo
    magoo

.......Katy,Texas..........you better leave a few days early..........I-10 may be backed up!

magoo

• fleaman uk
    fleaman uk

I feel so sorry for you peeps who have to endure that drivel,i really do.

I couldnt imagine going to London,twickenham in a suit and tie in the heat and the sheer,unadulterated BOREDOM!!But get me there in an England top...wayhay!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit