For All Who Are Going to the Convention This Year

by drew sagan 56 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity
    I know that bona fide Dubs will be issued with badges, so won't those without badges be conspicuous and viewed with suspicion?

I haven't worn a badge in many years. There are usually a fair number of people without badges. As long as one is dressed appropriately, no one seems to think much about it.

• rassillon
    rassillon

You are obviously a local magoo. Are you going, for all the spiritual food?

I am gonna save seats....

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Columbus, GA June 30-July 2...I won't be going to the convention unless I can sit with an aposta-friend, but my wife will be there. If there are any apostates in the area who would like to arrange a meetup while my wife is at the convention sessions just drop me a PM.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

theocrat,

i'm sorry but i missed where you posted your real name, picture, home congregation, or any other identifying information. could you point out where i might find these? for someone with no fear you are certainly well hidden. being a danny haszard wannabe does not make you a danny haszard. if you will provide the above information i'm sure someone will be willing to take you up on your welcome. but you don't have to wait for someone else to do it, just identify yourself as theocrat on jwd to your po.

j2s

• Theocrat
    Theocrat
    i'm sorry but i missed where you posted your real name, picture, home congregation, or any other identifying information. could you point out where i might find these? for someone with no fear you are certainly well hidden. being a danny haszard wannabe does not make you a danny haszard. if you will provide the above information i'm sure someone will be willing to take you up on your welcome. but you don't have to wait for someone else to do it, just identify yourself as theocrat on jwd to your po.

You missed a lot more than that.

I don't have a congregation. I don't have a P.O.

And obviously I'm not a Danny-wannabe. I was just pointing out that there are 2 kinds of people on these forums: those with a lot to lose and those with nothing to lose. If you weren't so intent on slinging insults around, you might pick up on these little things instead of misunderstanding me to be your enemy or something.

• just2sheep
    just2sheep

theocrat,

i don't know you well enough to consider you an enemy. i was only replying to the words you posted. you dismissed under_believer's warning to those of us who might need to be careful. you did this without mentioning that you personally "don't have a congregation" and "don't have a po." and therefore don't have any stake in u_b's post. but you certainly sounded brave by saying you would " welcome" somebody to "report" you. and you are the one who compared yourself to one of the best known activist exjw in america. where is your picture? where are you protesting this week. where is your web site? where is your identification (phone number, address, place of business). it appears you have a long way to go before you are "like" dh.

if as you say you have no po or congregation, who would you welcome somebody reporting to you? mommy and daddy? don't challenge people to report you because you think you are safe, and then be snide about people who are not in the precious position you are in. you still haven't identified yourself have you?

as far as slinging insults, if you truly are just someone who didn't give much thought before posting what you did, i apoligize for insulting you because i've done the same thing myself. but don't insult me by pretending that someone who is anonymous, and apparently will remain anonymous, is anything like an activist. don't insult people who are keeping a low profile when you are keeping a no profile.

j2s (of the catch me if you can, but i won't help you by meeting you at any assembly or kingdom hall parking lot class)

• LDH
    LDH
    Apparently management and the vendors are complaining that the delegates are coming in with food stuffs from outside vendors.

Wanna,

This is amazing info, shouldn't surprise me.

Earlier this year I helped negotiate the rental of Selland Arena here in Fresno for a Color Guard competition that my daughter's high school hosted. They were ADAMANT that they wanted NO OTHER FOOD sold (they did let us sell rice bowls from Dai Ichi as a fundraiser) --.

It had a lot to do with the fact that Venue Management (SMG) has pre-set contract with vendor suppliers. In this case, a supplier named "Center Plate" has the Fresno contract for all SMG managed facilities (hope I remember right).

They were a pleasure to work with, it's just that business is business.

The JWs could resolve this so easily, allow the food vendor at the arena to open and run a concession stand. If people don't want to buy the concession food, that's their choice. However the JWs have taken a moral high road on the fact that their people obey orders, and this is the basis that they negotiated the contract on.

So imagine you have told the Venue Mgmt team that 'your people' will only be bringing HOME MADE food in coolers, and that this is why you 'don't need' their food vendor to open.

How embarrassing to have commercial food wrappers left around.

This idea is brilliantly simple.

Lisa

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Just a quick question......
    I know that bona fide Dubs will be issued with badges, so won't those without badges be conspicuous and viewed with suspicion?"

Nah, about half the people don't wear their badge.

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

just2sheep,

Wow you are a bitter person, and you read a lot more into things than are actually said. I never said I was like Danny in every way. I just mentioned that I, like him, have nothing to lose by being on this board.

Where am I protesting this week? Pretty weak passive-aggression. Protesting and wearing placard-boards is hardly an intelligent way to fight a monster like the WTS.

Why don't I post all my personal information? Well if you must know, let's just say that I'm not an average citizen. I have a position in the limelight and posting all such information wouldn't be very beneficial for me. I'm not trying to tout who I am or "toot my own horn", but that's the way it is.

Can your sardonic mentality grasp that?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"ROFL who would be doing that? Plus I would welcome somebody to "report" me. There is nothing further that the wonderful organization can do to me. I'm like Undaunted Danny...nothing to lose."

"Well if you must know, let's just say that I'm not an average citizen. I have a position in the limelight and posting all such information wouldn't be very beneficial for me. I'm not trying to tout who I am or "toot my own horn", but that's the way it is."
    -Theocrat

You sir, are a fucking retard.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit