For All Who Are Going to the Convention This Year

by drew sagan 56 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

Mine must be in Quebec city very soon...

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

This year, my convention is being held in some smelly pit in Selkirk, MB - Home of the Manitoba Looney Bin!!!

• Mary
    Mary
    A few months ago a letter was read from mother, urging all to abide by this rule. Apparently management and the vendors are complaining that the delegates are coming in with food stuffs from outside vendors. The letter said that ALL need to comply. The future of assemblies at the Aud is on the line. Managers have threatened not to renew contracts with Watchtower.

OK, what am I missing here? Why would they care if the vendors are there selling food to Witnesses during the assemblies? Despite the fact that their prices are usually outrageous for special events, why would headquarters care?

• under_believer
  • Theocrat
    Theocrat
    I want to point out that it would be extremely easy for someone to bust you as an apostate if you meet with them based on information given on this board. Post this info if you want, but be aware of the risks.

Why you say that UB? Plus, nobody is "busted" at conventions. This site should be a save haven. If there weren't so much IP recording and tracking then maybe some anonymity could be maintained that would help protect us.

• under_believer
    under_believer
    Why you say that UB? Plus, nobody is "busted" at conventions. This site should be a save haven. If there weren't so much IP recording and tracking then maybe some anonymity could be maintained that would help protect us.

Not 100% sure what you were trying to say, but to explain my comment:

Let's say you're still attending meetings on a regular basis and trying to keep up appearances so that you can do things on your own schedule. You post that your convention is in Sodom, Massachusetts, and you will be standing by the north Pepsi machine at noon on Saturday. Meanwhile someone from your hall is reading this board, reports this info to your elders, and they show up there and find out that you indeed are Theocrat. Then they hold an impromptu Judicial Committee and DF you on the spot.

See what I mean?

• Theocrat
    Theocrat
    Let's say you're still attending meetings on a regular basis and trying to keep up appearances so that you can do things on your own schedule.

ROFL who would be doing that? Plus I would welcome somebody to "report" me. There is nothing further that the wonderful organization can do to me. I'm like Undaunted Danny...nothing to lose.

• under_believer
    under_believer

Look, Mister Person, some of us are still anonymous for the very reasons I just listed. My warning was a reminder to them. You needn't have replied.

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Ah, I gotcha. Let me know how that goes...you know...that "being ruled by fear" thing.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

May I simply provide the example of Richie Rich who posted on this board with photos of himself and didn't get 'busted' for quite some peroid of time. There is a risk factor, but I don't think it's that high. Simply meet with other members who have posted often. Check what they have been posting, it's that simple. Pretty much a no brainer in my opinion.
    So is anybody going to be in Celeveland or what?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit