For All Who Are Going to the Convention This Year

by drew sagan 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Anyone know anybody going to Bloomington, Indiana, week of July 1st, for the ASSembly?

• KW13
    KW13

So far so good, MEN Arena - UK (manchester)

• Theocrat
    Theocrat
    You sir, are a fucking retard.

Sorry you feel that way.

I'm not here to name-call or make more enemies. Was just stating the facts about myself.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"Was just stating the facts about myself."

Which, if you re-read your posts, are completely contradictory.

• Theocrat
    Theocrat

Well, again, sorry if I offended anybody.

• Mary
    Mary
    LDH said: The JWs could resolve this so easily, allow the food vendor at the arena to open and run a concession stand. If people don't want to buy the concession food, that's their choice.

BINGO!! This is exactly what I've been thinking. I mean, if they get rid of their own Food Services and refuse to provide the meals for the R&F, then why on earth would they give a damn where the R&F get their food from?? In fact, I would have thought that the powers that be might view it as a golden opportunity to "witness" to the worldly people running the concession stands. See how polite and proper we all are? Bet you don't get customers like this at a hockey game! Ever wonder if we'll see a day when all people are as polite as us? Would you like a free home bible study? When can we come over?

Actually, I just thought of something that might explain why they don't want the vendors there. If the vendors are open from 8:00am to when the assembly is over, that means that pu-lenty of people will be up milling about during the session, eating and drinking instead of being brainwashed by whoever's on the platform......now that would make perfect sense----fear of not enough brain washing going on......

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Actually, I just thought of something that might explain why they don't want the vendors there. If the vendors are open from 8:00am to when the assembly is over, that means that pu-lenty of people will be up milling about during the session, eating and drinking instead of being brainwashed by whoever's on the platform......now that would make perfect sense----fear of not enough brain washing going on......

Mary,

This shows how the rank and file are really viewed. The rank and file are treated like children that can't be trusted to make choices for themselves.

I also wonder if its about money. Most Jw families go to the assemblies with a set amount to spend. If concession stands are open some are liable to spend it on food rather than putting the money in the contribution boxes. Less for them.

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit