For All Who Are Going to the Convention This Year

by drew sagan 56 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary
    Mary, I posted an anecdote about that here: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/115113/2016789/post.ashx#2016789

Thanks Underbeliever........that's just mental!! As far as I'm concerned, if the Society does not want to provide "food at the proper time", namely, lunch time, then as far as I'm concerned, it's none of their damn business where the bros and sisters get the food from. If I want to go to McDonalds (not that I do, because I'm not even sure that's real meat), then I will........I think it was Garybuss who did a post saying how they put an "out of order" sign on a vending machine when it was in perfect working order, just so that people wouldn't buy anything out of there.

Talk about crazy, paranoia!!

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

It must make things really difficult for large families! First, someone (prolly Mom!) has to get up extra, extra early to make sandwiches and pack drinks and snacks for possibly Mom, Dad, and five kids. Then the cooler has to fit under the seat. So now, they may be toting two coolers. Plus, somebody (prolly Mom, lol!) had to make an extra trip to the grocery store to buy all the bread, soda lunch meat and ice for all these exciting lunches, remaining in the hard seats and remembering not to wander too far.

What a loving provision of Jehoopla, so families don't have to endure delicious, hot meals any more, or suffer from making choices form a menu board offering variety and tasty items!

Yes, Jehoopla has lovingly simplified the meal arrangement!

Plaster the place with McDonald's wrappers, dig 'em out of the trash cans to have a few extra!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Well I'll be at one of the Fort Worth coventions in July or maybe both - Saturday/Sunday.

• wifeofjw
    wifeofjw

Hey Drew!

I will not be at the Convention. However, my husband will be. He has been a JW for 6 years now.

Hey can you give me a full report when its over. I always wonder what is going on there.

Thanks,

wifeofjw

• juni
    juni

Welcome wifeofjw!

So you're going to have a quiet weekend, heh?

Juni

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hi, wifeofjw. I'm the wife of a JW too, about the same amount of time. You don't have to wait for Drew. We already have our convention notes from truthseeker. This is DEFINITELY one for non-JW wives to SKIP. If only our husbands would, too....

Friday http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114405/1.ashx

Saturday http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114455/1.ashx

Sunday http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/114503/1.ashx

• under_believer
    under_believer

---> Ah, I gotcha. Let me know how that goes...you know...that "being ruled by fear" thing.

Hey, thanks for the empathy.

• lola28
    lola28
    Let me know how that goes...you know...that "being ruled by fear" thing.

***hiss***

Some of the posters here do Have something to lose, be it family or friends so yes they are in fear because one post here read by the wrong person could cost them a lot they stand to lose relationships with family and friends. Lucky you, you don't have to live in fear but the sad thing is many here do.

Lola

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Does anyone know when and where they are hiding the DC for Ottawa, Ontario,Canada

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    Meanwhile someone from your hall is reading this board, reports this info to your elders, and they show up there and find out that you indeed are Theocrat. Then they hold an impromptu Judicial Committee and DF you on the spot.

See what I mean

Well, if someone from my hall is reading this board and reports me , that someone is in hot water too. I would deny it. But he would get caught reading from an apostate website.

I am not worried about that. I wish someone else from my vicinity would wake up too.

wanna

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit