Let's Decorate the Kingdom Hall!

by Nosferatu 41 Replies latest jw friends

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Almost any change of decor would have improved the kh I went to. Bare walls would have been better than the wallpaper they put up. I would have loved to have had some bright colours, like lemon, on the walls, but alas it had to be drab green and brown.

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

What? You mean like with loads of World Cup bunting and stuff?

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass

...And of course, I would have to distibute a bunch of these throu-out the landscape; As well as have some in indoor pots...

• Dr Jekyll
    Dr Jekyll

yAYYYYYYYY then you could go do field service stoned

• luna2
    luna2
    Are there suspicious stains on the carpet?

Doc, I'm shocked! You're a very bad boy! I'm sure that the carpet-cleaning brothers have made sure to eradicate any such stainage.

• mustang
    mustang

Vending machines on either side of the ATM Contribution Box

Mustang

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

First I would get rid of the 80's pink and blue that is still in exsistance at our old hall. Also the backdrop thing handing behind the speakers stand,,,,,,looks like a woman's room window covering at a brothel.

I would install movie theater quality seats , you just have to learn how to sleep with you eyes open. I am sure my son mastered this one.

I would make a wonderful mother and baby room. This one I am serious about. We had a make shift one in the library , it only had a rocker in it because my FIL insisted that his premature grandson would be soothed while away from home , he was so sick. When we left the hall we took the rocker. A playpen would have been nice for the toddlers, with a few...........*gasps* toys in the pen for them to play with.

Hot water would have been nice to warn the baby bottles with.

Sad huh, little country congregation, the ons in the city were not so cruel.

• lucky
    lucky

The kingdom hall I grew up in had green carpet and purple velvet seats. It was awesome! (apparently purple and green were the p.o.'s wife's favorite colors when the hall was first built). They remodeled in the late 80s though and changed everything to mauve. yuck. some stuffed bears at the entrance would have been a definite improvement :-)

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I'd like to put up framed certificates of a Degree in Zoology by the University of Awake! and a Degree in Theology by the Watchtower University up on the wall by the Literature counter.

INQ

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

Oh and a lava lamp on the table on stage, gives us something to look at in the rare event that the talk is familiar to us.

Do you think a disco ball would be asking too much?

INQ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit