Let's Decorate the Kingdom Hall!

by Nosferatu 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Replace that boring old clock at the back of the hall with a cuckoo clock!

Also, why do they always put the clock at the back of the hall?

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Instead of a water cooler filled with ice chillin water to freeze your veins, inducing even more sleep.......fill it with expresso.

Would it hurt JW child development to put one swing set out for the poor children with ADDH? I had to take mine out on so many occassions and a 10 break to swing would have helped them burn some energy. I am serious about that one.

• luna2
    luna2
    I would install movie theater quality seats

Can we have the kind with cupholders too? Can we? Maybe we could have a movie screen up behind the curtain on the platform too for....um....educational (yeah, educational) videos instead of dull talks of a Sunday morning.

• darcy
    darcy

Put comfy cushy chairs in the bathroom, and maybe an adult "water cooler"... with water-like beverages... ahem...

• luna2
    luna2

darcy! I'm shocked, shocked I tell you! So, what kind of adult beverages? LOL

Nos asked: Also, why do they always put the clock at the back of the hall?

Nos, Nos, Nos...you know they don't want you starin' at the clock the whole time! Of course, with adult beverages available in the watercooler, we won't care what time it is anyway.

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor
    Put comfy cushy chairs in the bathroom

My Mum once told me that there are such seats in some city congregation she visited in Japan. I have to see it to believe it.

I've heard nothing about "adult beverages" though. lol

INQ

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

See , in the south here lots of us drive 4 wheel drive pickups, trucks ya know.....so there is plenty of room for a big ass cooler in the back.

And if there happens to be a cold beer or 5 in the cooler along with the cokes and juice boxes so be it.

My youngest son was screaming at the meeting one hot summer evening, and since I volunteered to be the one to find an excuse to get out of the hall, I helped my frayed nerves to a Bud Lite.

That is why I parked in the back, and my husband parked in the back so he could take the bad kid out on Sundays to listen to the Dallas game.

• darcy
    darcy

I've always heard the elders take the Memorial wine out back and drink it.

Umm... we don't have any alcoholics persay... but the adults are fond of their liquor....

Vodka looks like water... ooh, good cheaper brand Tito's Handmade. But you didn't hear that from me!

Ooh ooh! Good drink: Crush fresh mint sprigs with say a tblsp or so of sugar per drink and add say half a lemon's juice, then shake it with one jigger vodka and crushed ice, and strain... and sugar rim the glass (very very important step!)... and I've HEARD that's good...

• darcy
    darcy

aw hell, just put a damn bar in.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Ooooh! Condom machines in the bathrooms! Put a sticker with the years text on it just to remind you that you really SHOULDN'T make a purchase. Besides, that's one way to collect the monetary losses from those damn apostates who won't pay for their literature :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit