Why God refuses to interfere

by greendawn 65 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I think Bruce Almighty answered this question in a funny, yet truthful way. If a higher power did get involved and fulfilled every request of them, wouldn't that be just another creation of more problems?

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

All I can say from being a very happy Christian is, God is good. Sometimes He heals me, sometimes I suffer, but He has always intervened on my behalf.

Perspective is everything and my perspective seems to be a minority one here, so please forgive me I never want to hurt or offend anyone.

My perspective on adversity is different. I see every hurdle as a learning experience, not a reason to blame God. I live in the present and one day at a time. I see death as a joyful new beginning.So I guess it is all in your perspective...

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate

However I should add that there was a time in my past that I was very angry at God for not doing something I wanted Him to do. I had prayed for years that He change my first husbands heart and make him a nicer person and to stop being abusive.

He didn't answer and I got very angry. But after it was all said and done I learned another lesson; tell Him how angry you are, He already knows anyway. God will not take our freedom to be human away from us. My husband used that right to nearly ruin my life.

It's all good and it brought me closer to God. Now when I am angry, He hears about it.

• trevor
    trevor

Reading through these posts there seems to be an acceptance that ‘God’ is a remote being with the power to reach down from heaven and over ride the natural outcome of events, should he/she/it choose to. The Bible is responsible for this way of thinking and giving the source of life a male label.

Personally, I think that the life force is intelligent and works on and through all living creatures from the inside. What is called ‘God’ exists within all living things. The present world has taken millions of years to become what it is. The changes are so subtle that they cannot be observed in one lifetime. That which dwells in us is aware of the process that is taking place. To find ‘God’ we have to look into ourselves and into others and be aware of their value. People are manifestations of life in a physical world.

The fact that ‘God, does not step in to prevent disasters such as 911, shows that the accepted reasoning about the nature of ’God’ must be faulty. Life makes perfect sense when it is looked at from a different perspective.

Life is the only way it can be on this planet at this time. Humans may succeed over the next few hundred years in collectively improving conditions, or they may not, but there is no preset plan to return the world to the way it was allegedly supposed to be. There is no bench mark to say it has done well or badly. Life has succeeded in manifesting itself and continues to overcome problems and obstacles so it can continue to manifest.

There may be many worlds like or unlike ours. Planets like people do not last forever but life will continue to manifest itself throughout the universe for eternity. We are a part of that process and capable of becoming fully conscious of what is taking place.

This is only my view which is also subject to growth and change.

• jstalin
    jstalin

Let me ask this: If you see someone about to kill another person and you have the power to stop it, but don't, are you acting in a moral way?

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

PERFECT humans supposedly broke rules given them by god.

Supposedly this was a bid for independence from god.

So god tells them, "fine, do things your way". He then removed their perfection.

This is god cheating; if humans considered themselves capable of running their own lives as perfect creatures, well, that's one thing. They'd have a good chance and infinate life-spans to do it in.

Apparently god didn't want a fair game so changed the rules.

Then, later on he does it again. If you read the account of Babel it sounds like humans, even without perfection, were doing a good job of running their own lives. It was only because they were rivalling god that he sabotaged the process.

So god is a cheat.

I can not believe people find this rubbish credible as a literal story of god, or if they DO finbd it a credible literal story of god, they would worship such a cheating bastard.

• Genesis
    Genesis

Amen, brother Abaddon ! Jehovah is a fraud ! Why worship such and egoistical bast*rd ?

• lowden
    lowden

It riles me when people start threads and then refrain from embellishing on their thoughts by replying to the various points made by posters.

With all due respect greendawn, i think that your 'Watchtower inspired' thoughts in your thread are utterly preposterous!

I'm with FunkyD on this one.

Peace

Lowden

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I'm with Trevor on this one.

The Adam and Eve story certainly makes an attempt to explain why mankind are in the position they are in. To take certan things as literal seems a bit of a stretch. I guess it must have been in the days before chocolate, for a piece of fruit to be so seductive

• breeze
    breeze

The Bible, is written by men and has the agenda of the Churches in mind. It is a guide, for you to be involved in the CHURCH. The Bible stories don't reflect who GOD is, it has a human / religious agenda. Wake up folks, GOD will never intervene in the doings of the Earth.

If the Bible was true about the kindness of GOD he couldn't leave this mess because of the mistakes of two individuals. If MAN was created in his image then no one of the Earth could come up with a more unfair scenario to decide the future of trillons on their simple minded choices.

Most of you can't leave the ORG even though you make strong statements about your feelings about being mislead!

BREEZE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit