So, okay you 'christians', what does God REALLY

by AGuest 100 Replies latest jw friends

• AGuest
    AGuest
    I Finally got it!!! Lightbulb just went off in my head, why did it take so long??

Perhaps your brain is experiencing an 'energy' crisis. A lot of that goin' around these days.

Dial 1-800-AskShelby you will hear lots of clicking and be rerouted to 'sprit guide' AKA Miss Cleo/Shelby.

Ummmmm, sorry, but you are in error. Miss Cleo is a psychic with a "900" number. Shelby is just a piece of flesh with its blood that happens to have as a 'gift' of holy spirit the ability to 'discern inspired utterance'... or 'hear' spirits. I do not 'channel' nor act as a 'medium'. And my area code is "916". Close... but no cigar.

yah mon.

Uh, that's actually, "yeah, dude" (I'm from Cali...)

The cost of this call varies,

Well, Costco sells a calling card that'll get 'cha $.04 a minute... and since I don't charge you anything myself, we could 'chat', what, an hour? for about two bucks. Okay $2.40.

ones questions will be rerouted until Shelby/Cleo has been given the go ahead to answer. Excesive charges may accrue while waiting.

Actually, ones questions may... or may not... be responded to. Depends. On my Lord's will... and on whether the propounder had actually already asked HIM the question... in their heart. And no, like I said, no excessive charges. Just your regular phone company stuff. You CAN, however, even avoid all that... and simply ask my Lord whatever it is you 'wish' to know, and let HIM answer you.

Psalm 4:4
    Job 33:13-17

But you've most probably bought into the same LIE as many others... and don't think you CAN... and that he WILL.

Caution....

Indeed... 'test' the inspired utterance. By ALL means. I would be 'false' if I told you otherwise... and expected otherwise.

you may want to smash your phone into your head while listining.

I wouldn't do that, if I were you. But, then again, you do whatever your 'energy'... or lack thereof... compels you to do.

Please dont do this as it may cause serious injury to oneself.

Well... YOU suggested it. Truly, if you don't WANT people to do what you say... don't SUGGEST it.

Disclaimer: This is for entertainment only.

And I was THOROUGHLY 'entertained'. Were you?

Liability: Any and all damage done to ones mind/spirit is at no time the responsibility of this canard telling fanitical self imposed sprit medium.

And folks talk about MY 'style' of speech. You should be aware that many here won't have a CLUE as to what you just said. May I, then, translate? Thank you. You are pretty much implying that I claim no responsibility for any damage to mind/spirit that I may cause. But dear one... I only 'deliver' messages; I don't 'author' them. Nor do I compel ANYONE to listen to any of them. Indeed, I am told to speak... and DO speak... 'whether they hear or they refrain'. What that means is... for ONCE... for a CHANGE... folks have a CHOICE. Indeed, Israel... and all those who 'go with' them... have ALWAYS had choices.

In fact, one of the primary ISSUES that this is all about... from Adam to now... is CHOICES. What 'choice' will YOU make, irregardless of what others make? My Father set before Adam TWO choices; He set before Pharaoh TWO choices; He set before Israel TWO choices; He set before His enemies TWO choices; He set before the Jews TWO choices; He set before the nations TWO choices. And He has set before you, those here... and ALL of mankind... TWO choices. And they have ALWAYS been the SAME two choices: Life... or death. Hear... and listen and learn how to 'get away safe', get life... or refrain... and don't. YOU choose.

My peace remains... and I remain,

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SJ

• Julie
    Julie

Hiya Shelby--

I must tell you that I find your line of reasoning incredibly disturbing. I do not intend to insult you or anyone else but this I must say: It is zealots like you that cause me to be firm in my resolve to NEVER let religion into things secular. I will fight such until my last breath. With that said, let us move on. Oh, and if you reply I would appreciate it if you comment on what *I* say, not on your on thoughts that I include. I realize this is a handy way to avoid addressing my comments but it is redundant.

You said:
    And yet, bombing Hiroshima, arming the Contras, arming the Israelies, hijacking planes, bombing 110-story towers, incinerating people, dropping napalm on 'em... etc., etc., etc... are 'excusable' acts. Yes? Okay, Julie. If you say so.

Ummmmm, could you show me where I said that???? I do not think war is a good thing and am sickened by all the things you mention here. Do not presume to put words in my mouth Shelby. While I am not a true pacifist I have a strong disdain for violence of any kind. I should think God, who one would presume is more enlightened than mere-mortal-me, would feel even more strongly about his children killing each other. According to you though he likes it.

You said:
    Actually, I am quite sorry, Julie... but, no, I don't. One man was killed in the account you gave. By one woman. Okay, the tent pin through the temple was a little 'gutsy', but... a tent pin... a bullet... I think the result would have been the same.

Yeah, murder, plain and simple. How enlightened and holy!!!

You said:
    War? "Ungodlike"? Uh, to which 'god' are you referring? Certainly not the Holy One of Israel, who is, after all, "a manly man of war". Yes? But the DIFFERENCE is, He 'wars'... ONLY... in righteousness.

I see. There are countless examples in the bible of innocents being killed (i.e. the wives, children and livestock of Daniels accusers). What a barbaric, homicidal maniac your god is.

Then we had this little exchange:

With love like that I will take hate any day.

I see that you already have. I can't say that you wear it well, though.

Shelby, you are so wrong. I don't hate anyone. I do hate violence and injustice but there is not a soul on this planet that I hate. I don't hate god either, I just don't think the bible has anything to do with God. So it seems it is you who is in error (again).

You condensended to say:
    Save your pity, child. I am quite sure there are many more than I who 'deserve' it.

First of all Shelby I am no child. I am 38 years old and don't take kindly to being addressed as "child", especially by the likes of you.

You said:
    Well, in truth, Julie, I can't really say what I would do to a man who was threatening the life of my children,

I am with you there Shelby. I pity the person who tries to hurt either of my beloved children. They are far and away the greatest objects of my affection and I teach them only love. I also teach them how barbaric hate and violence of ANY kind is (even biblical, "righteous" hate and violence).

You said:
    God... does not speak to me.

Hmmm, lets' see here Shelby. "the answer was granted me," "... I had not yet received an answer until earlier today. Seriously. And so until then, I didn't even entertain your question. But, my Lord has condescended to make a reply. Thus, the word of my Lord to you," "I only 'deliver' messages; I don't 'author' them", "Indeed, I am told to speak", "I, myself, have spoken it to you, just as I have heard it from my Lord, the Son of God, JAHESHUA MISHCAJAH, by means of holy spirit.".

Well Shelby you can't have it both ways. You make all these claims and then deny those claims. "Define 'is'" comes to mind. How slippery of you.

I can see I am wasting my time even trying to reason with you. You are OK with "righteous", "holy" violence, which makes you no better than those Islamic Militant zealot bastards. And you obviously feel that methods of deception are OK too. I guess you can take the zealot out of the cult but you can't take the cult out of the zealot. I wish you no ill but know this, you and your ilk will never make progress in implementing your lunacy into the secular world as long as reasonable, thinking people live to stop you, so do not waste too much energy on it.

Julie

• Julie
    Julie

Pony up Shelby--I'd like to see your thoughts on this reply. If possible try to refrain from commenting on those thoughts that I included of yours. I only include your thoughts so my reply makes sense, not to help you avoid the issue.

Julie

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Hiya Shelby--

Hey, girl… and may you have peace.

I must tell you that I find your line of reasoning incredibly disturbing.

Yeah, we discussed that in the 'other' thread. About how you are frightened… and why.

I do not intend to insult you or anyone else…

Now, how am I supposed to take THAT? As truth? But then, have you actually shown otherwise? So… help me out here… Nevermind. I guess I know that you do not INTEND to… You might want to check your 'intentions', however.

but this I must say: It is zealots like you that cause me to be firm in my resolve to NEVER let religion into things secular.

Call me what you will, Jules… but I abhor 'religion'. Most anyone here can tell you that. And I think I addressed the 'zealot' tendency in the 'other' thread. Better DUCK, girl!

I will fight such until my last breath.

Most certainly. Defend what you believe… with your life. Just don't hypocritically try to prohibit others, including me… from doing the same. Deal?

With that said, let us move on.

Lord, girl, yes. Let's.

Oh, and if you reply I would appreciate it if you comment on what *I* say, not on your on thoughts that I include. I realize this is a handy way to avoid addressing my comments but it is redundant

I think that is your view and your assessment… and I don't agree with it. But… I will try to be careful.

You now quote me, and then respond:

Ummmmm, could you show me where I said that????

At risk of being called a 'liar', may I say that the statement was purely rhetorical? But I can 'see' how you wouldn't have seen that.

I do not think war is a good thing and am sickened by all the things you mention here.

I don't think it's a 'good' thing, either, Jules. Truly, I don't. But if the truth makes you sick…

Do not presume to put words in my mouth Shelby.

Again, it was rhetorical… but I will come back to this in a sec. Moving on…

While I am not a true pacifist

So, what… you're a 'false' one?

I have a strong disdain for violence of any kind.

As do I.

I should think God, who one would presume is more enlightened than mere-mortal-me, would feel even more strongly about his children killing each other.

Am I to assume you believe there IS a God? I think we need to establish that, first. Because, if you DO, may I ask how it is that you feel 'righteous' in presuming ANYTHING about Him? Including how He feels about ANYTHING? But, for the sake of … debate… let's say you don't believe. Then if He doesn't exist, He couldn't have anything to do with any of it ANYWAY. Yes?

I will tell you the truth: He DOES exist… and He HATES it. But… it is what man WANTED… and ASKED for. Kings… to rule over them. And they got what they asked for. Funny, you all don't blame the kings… but blame God. Funny.

According to you though he likes it.

Ah, yes, back to that previous 'issue'. Were you not the VERY lady who, just some seconds ago, asked ME to not put words in YOUR mouth? You MUST, then, show me were I said God 'likes' it. You must. Otherwise, that makes your hypocrisy 'score' a whopping THREE.

You then quote me again… with regard to one man being killed by one woman… and respond:

Yeah, murder, plain and simple. How enlightened and holy!!!

May I kindly remind YOU that Sisera ran up in JAEL's tent? She did not go looking for him. And remember, she had NO foreknowledge of what she was to do. "Murder", dear one, suggest and requires premeditation and no indicated threat. Even in THIS time and place. If a man who was MY enemy ran up in MY tent… who's to say what I would have done? Hopefully, I would have the mind of Christ, but in truth, it all depends on just who all he was a 'threat' to. Certainly, as a 'frightened mommy', YOU can see that. Yes?

You then quote me again, and respond:

I see. There are countless examples in the bible of innocents being killed (i.e. the wives, children and livestock of Daniels accusers). What a barbaric, homicidal maniac your god is.

From you 'view', perhaps. I think it all depends on what is meant by the word 'innocent'. Because who YOU think to be innocent may not necessarily be whom my FATHER thinks to be innocent. Do you think the people who caused the WTC disaster 'innocent'? Are there people, though, who do? Do you think the people who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima innocent? Are there people, though, who do?

Take a breath, Jules, honey... and put it in proper perspective…

Then you refer to our little 'exchange', and state:

Shelby, you are so wrong. I don't hate anyone.

May I suggest you go back and read some of your posts to me? And then see if you can still say that with a straight face. You might want to review the definition of 'hate', first, before you do.

I do hate violence and injustice but there is not a soul on this planet that I hate.

See above… and check your definitions.

I don't hate god either, I just don't think the bible has anything to do with God.

Well, I am not so sure about your first statement. Considering some of what you have said, what do you think HE would think? As regards your second statement, it doesn't, to the degree MOST people think. But I have NEVER said it has. In fact, many here will TELL you that it is BECAUSE of the Bible's fallacy… that I have learned simply to listen to my Lord, when HE speaks. I do not rely on the 'stone tablets' and 'law written in ink'. Stick around, Jules, and you will find that out.

So it seems it is you who is in error (again).

Perhaps. But I don’t think so; at least, not in this.

You condensended to say: Save your pity, child. I am quite sure there are many more than I who 'deserve' it.

I did say that. I confess.

First of all Shelby I am no child. I am 38 years old and don't take kindly to being addressed as "child", especially by the likes of you.

The "likes" of me. Sigh! I am a black woman, dear one. And perhaps you didn't know that. It was a 'term of endearment'. Maybe I should have written it, 'chile'. Drat! that 'whitebread' education!

You quote me further, with regard to someone threatening the life of our children, and respond:

I am with you there Shelby. I pity the person who tries to hurt either of my beloved children.

So, what… you might… ummmm… 'murder' someone in this case? You?

They are far and away the greatest objects of my affection and I teach them only love. I also teach them how barbaric hate and violence of ANY kind is (even biblical, "righteous" hate and violence)

And you are to be commended for that, truly. I have taught mine the same. And in 24 and 19 years, my daughter has had only ONE altercation… and my son… none. And like I said, we're black. THAT… is rare.

You said: God... does not speak to me.

Actually, Julie, I think I acknowledged Him speaking at least once. I did, yes?

You then quote me again, regarding what took place and who spoke to me… and respond

Well Shelby you can't have it both ways. You make all these claims and then deny those claims. "Define 'is'" comes to mind. How slippery of you.

You know, Jules, I was trying to figure out just what the HECK you were referring to, and then my Lord says to me, "You know, SHE thinks because the Father and I are 'one' that we are the same individual, and that in one instance you are saying God does not speak to you, but are turning around and saying you heard such and so from me."

Well, THAT explains it! Julie, my Father… God… JAH OF ARMIES… and my Lord… His SON… JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH… are NOT the same individual. By NO means. My Father, JAH, has spoken to me, I think, on two occasions. The first one I remember VERY clearly and have posted it here on jw.com… somewhere. It was when He 'sent' His Son to me. At that time, I heard BOTH voices. Only once since then, I think, have I heard both voices, but I can't remember the event. I only remember it, because I was SHOCKED, because the Father does not normally speak. He has one that speaks FOR Him, His Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the One of whom He said: "This is my Son; listen… to HIM."

I can see I am wasting my time even trying to reason with you.

You can 'see' that already? Then why did you bother? I mean, isn't your time precious? Mine is, and there are many folks who WANT me to share, so I don't particularly like wasting time on those who don't.

You are OK with "righteous", "holy" violence

Okay with it? I think my phrase was (a la Chris Rock)… "while I don't AGREE with it, I understand it." I did say that, yes?

which makes you no better than those Islamic Militant zealot bastards.

But… you don't 'hate' anybody, right, Jules? Julie, one of the SWEETEST men I know is a Muslim. And he is also one of the gentlest. He would never DREAM of engaging in such conduct. But even so, I don't think the 'bastards' that you refer to are any more reprehensible than the ones from THIS country who sell arms to keep conflicts going around the world, arms that kill innocent women and children EVERY day… for the sake of oil… and world domination. Perspective, honey. Yours seems to be a bit… clouded. Maybe it's all that non-hatred you got going on.

And you obviously feel that methods of deception are OK too.

Uh, oops… here goes that 'putting words in mouths' thing again. Julie's Hypocrisy… four.

I guess you can take the zealot out of the cult but you can't take the cult out of the zealot.

Well, I don't know that that would apply to the Taliban. They seem to still be fairly steeped in both. And I think some of the "American' cult… uh, 'culture'… is just as dangerous. Ask the little girl depicted on the cover of the Life magazine running down the street after being doused with napalm… by a people who had NO interest in a war… that was not declared ON them.. or BY them. You're 38? May I ask, girlfriend, were have you BEEN?

I wish you no ill

Okay, now I am almost inclined to say you're lying. You keep SAYING things like this, but your WORDS prove otherwise…

but know this, you and your ilk will never make progress in implementing your lunacy into the secular world

Hey, guys… I 'got ilk' again! And THIS time, it's tantamount to Islamic (we 'think') terrorism!

as long as reasonable thinking people live to stop you

"Stop" me, how, Julie? I have my ideas as to what you are alluding to, but then, YOU don't like killing and violence, right. So, I'm curious: "stop" me, how?

so do not waste too much energy on it.

Girlfriend, you ain't said nuthin' but a word. Stick a fork in ME, 'cause I can be as 'done' with this... as you can.

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

Are you SURE, Jules? Or have you, like so many others, succumbed to the thinking that "injustice HERE - in America - is a threat to justice - everywhere American SAYS it is?"

Of course we need only to turn on the TV and watch the devastation to this great nation to know that zealots exist and the damamge they can do.

Yes, dear one. We turned on the TV and saw a MASSIVE devastation that took THOUSANDS of life in a few moments. And we were DEVASTATED. Tell me, are we DEVASTATED every time a bomb… an AMERICAN bomb… goes off in Palestine? Israel? Are we DEVASTATED when the President drops a bomb on innocent people to remove attention from his sordid affair with an intern? Are we DEVASTATED when an oil company that we spend BILLIONS of dollars supporting wipes out two tribes in Africa in order to forcefully obtain land for drilling oil? Are we DEVASTATED when it is purely 'earthling' man that is being massacred? Or are we only 'devastated'… when it is an American 'earthling' man?

Game. Set. Match.

Shelby: gained absolutely nothing
    Julie: hypocrisy now at five... and counting.

Peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• bigboi
    bigboi
    Game. Set. Match.

If you're interested you can complete the sweep on the other thread. You alomst made that look easy. It couldn't have been though. Wading through a river of refuse never is.

ONE....

bigboi

"life's a bitch a with a g-string and a twelve pack of Busch."

• Julie
    Julie

Hi Shelby,

:Hey, girl… and may you have peace.

Believe it or not Shelby, I hope you have peace too.

:Yeah, we discussed that in the 'other' thread. About how you are frightened… and why.

Yes, I see you have seized on that word "frightened". I would like to change it to disturbed as I real don't feel actual Fear. Does that make me a liar?

:Now, how am I supposed to take THAT? As truth? But then, have you actually shown otherwise? So… help me out here… Nevermind. I guess I know that you do not INTEND to… You might want to check your 'intentions', however.

My 'intentions' Shelby are to get to the truth. It has always been my intnteion especially regarding matters of faith. I will admit that I do not understand at all yours (or anyone's) justifications for the horror stories in the bible and I guess it is the old 'believer' in me hoping there is something that could help to make it all make sense to me. It is not your fault that there is no explanation other than "righteousness" of certain acts that would otherwise be considered horribly evil. I shouldn't blame you for this and I apologize for seeming to do so. You cannot achieve the unachievable anymore than anyone else.

:Call me what you will, Jules… but I abhor 'religion'. Most anyone here can tell you that. And I think I addressed the 'zealot' tendency in the 'other' thread. Better DUCK, girl!

I see. There are plenty of fundies who feel as you do about religion, but I am convinced that if given an inch (i.e.state sandtioned school prayer) they will take a mile (i.e.soon to become state *enforced* school prayer). Mind you this school prayer is just an example. No need to make it your theme as you have the word "frightened".

:

I will fight such until my last breath.

:Most certainly. Defend what you believe… with your life. Just don't hypocritically try to prohibit others, including me… from doing the same. Deal?

I say worship or do whatever you want. It is forcing others to believe the same that I would prevent. Perhaps you have the view of never wanting to "force" others but there are many who believe as zealously as you do who would happily force such.

:

Ummmmm, could you show me where I said that????

:At risk of being called a 'liar', may I say that the statement was purely rhetorical? But I can 'see' how you wouldn't have seen that.

How convenient. Heaven forbid you should admit to being presumptuous! (Heavan forbid being merely an expression here for all you literalists reading this)

:

I do not think war is a good thing and am sickened by all the things you mention here.

:I don't think it's a 'good' thing, either, Jules. Truly, I don't. But if the truth makes you sick…

The truth doesn't make me sick so much as man's inhumanity to man. I was referring to the events you mentioned. Terrible, all of them. I am not "ok" with any of them.

:

While I am not a true pacifist

:So, what… you're a 'false' one?

No, I would say "partial" would be more accurate, if there is such a thing. I would only resort to violence as a very last resort in a self-defense or child-defense situation.

:Am I to assume you believe there IS a God? I think we need to establish that, first. Because, if you DO, may I ask how it is that you feel 'righteous' in presuming ANYTHING about Him? Including how He feels about ANYTHING? But, for the sake of … debate… let's say you don't believe. Then if He doesn't exist, He couldn't have anything to do with any of it ANYWAY. Yes?

Frankly Shelby, I don't claim to know if there is a God or not. I can tell you there is much we can know about biblegod, as the whole bible is supposedly about him. Aren't we told to read the bible so we can "know" God? I have read it, what I have come to know of that God doesn't impress me too much.

:I will tell you the truth: He DOES exist… and He HATES it. But… it is what man WANTED… and ASKED for. Kings… to rule over them. And they got what they asked for. Funny, you all don't blame the kings… but blame God. Funny.

I don't blame God for anything. I take responsibilty for my own choices and decisions and teach my kids the same. I believe mankind is responsible for where we are today.

:Ah, yes, back to that previous 'issue'. Were you not the VERY lady who, just some seconds ago, asked ME to not put words in YOUR mouth? You MUST, then, show me were I said God 'likes' it. You must. Otherwise, that makes your hypocrisy 'score' a whopping THREE.

Oh spare me your dramatics Shelby. You were the one who told me that because the woman who drove the tent spike through the guy's head, had a heart filled with love of God, she was indeed holy among women in the tent. That sounds like reward to me Shelby and as far as I know rewards are given when an act is approved and thought highly of.

:May I kindly remind YOU that Sisera ran up in JAEL's tent? She did not go looking for him. And remember, she had NO foreknowledge of what she was to do. "Murder", dear one, suggest and requires premeditation and no indicated threat. Even in THIS time and place. If a man who was MY enemy ran up in MY tent… who's to say what I would have done? Hopefully, I would have the mind of Christ, but in truth, it all depends on just who all he was a 'threat' to. Certainly, as a 'frightened mommy', YOU can see that. Yes?

According to the bible the guy was sleeping when she killed him. Not much of a threat at the time I'd say. I have yet to hear of anyone being harmed by someone asleep. A more civilized, enlightened method may have been to surround the guy at spear-point and imprison him, no?

:From you 'view', perhaps. I think it all depends on what is meant by the word 'innocent'. Because who YOU think to be innocent may not necessarily be whom my FATHER thinks to be innocent.

Ah guilt by association must be what you are getting at. I consider this unjust and I would hope that if there were an all-knowing, far more enlightened being than I he/she would have a better sense of justice than that.

:Do you think the people who caused the WTC disaster 'innocent'? Are there people, though, who do? Do you think the people who dropped the bomb on Hiroshima innocent? Are there people, though, who do?

Of course the people who committed the WTC atrocity are not innocent. Do I think that the children of those terrorists are innocent? Yes they are. To apply bible logic though we would round up the men who did it, their kids, their wives, their livestock and kill them all. As to the Hiroshima bombing, no those people were not innocent, but as I said before the WTC episode has provoked a war while the Hiroshima nightmare ended one. I still wish it hadn't have happened. I consider it one of mankind's darkest hours.

:Then you refer to our little 'exchange', and state:

:

Shelby, you are so wrong. I don't hate anyone.

:May I suggest you go back and read some of your posts to me? And then see if you can still say that with a straight face. You might want to review the definition of 'hate', first, before you do.

I hate dishonesty and myth promoted as fact and truth.

:

I don't hate god either, I just don't think the bible has anything to do with God.

:Well, I am not so sure about your first statement. Considering some of what you have said, what do you think HE would think? As regards your second statement, it doesn't, to the degree MOST people think. But I have NEVER said it has. In fact, many here will TELL you that it is BECAUSE of the Bible's fallacy… that I have learned simply to listen to my Lord, when HE speaks. I do not rely on the 'stone tablets' and 'law written in ink'. Stick around, Jules, and you will find that out.

Really? By the way you have tried to dance around and explain away horrific acts in the bible that were condoned and/or ordered by biblegod one would be likely to ASSUME otherwise. Perhaps a more honest answer in the beginning would have avoided much of this exchange.

:

:The "likes" of me. Sigh! I am a black woman, dear one. And perhaps you didn't know that. It was a 'term of endearment'. Maybe I should have written it, 'chile'. Drat! that 'whitebread' education!

No Shelby I must confess I didn't know that. I guess that is why you have been, in an oh-so-subtle way, been playing a race card (that whole "whitebread" business). I am white and think no different of anyone over the color of their skin. I wouldn't care if you were green.

:You quote me further, with regard to someone threatening the life of our children, and respond:

:

I am with you there Shelby. I pity the person who tries to hurt either of my beloved children.

:So, what… you might… ummmm… 'murder' someone in this case? You?

Actually I would try to get away first and if that didn't work a hard knee to the groin, then one to the nose while bent over from the groin kick would be my next plan of attack, just time to get away. To kill another would be only if mine or my children's life were in imminent danger. Not if someone I considered the enemy was sleeping in front of me.

:And you are to be commended for that, truly. I have taught mine the same. And in 24 and 19 years, my daughter has had only ONE altercation… and my son… none. And like I said, we're black. THAT… is rare.

I will agree with you here Shelby. My daughter thinks black people's skin is very beautiful and once told me she wished she had it. I was deeply saddened to have to tell her that no, she did not because life is often way harder for folks of color and that is a sad testimony of our world today. Of course my girl has such a tender loving heart she doesn't understand how someone could hate another over skin color. I explained no one is born that way, hate is learned.

:

You said: God... does not speak to me.

:Actually, Julie, I think I acknowledged Him speaking at least once. I did, yes?

I was merely quoting you Shelby.

:You then quote me again, regarding what took place and who spoke to me… and respond

:You know, Jules, I was trying to figure out just what the HECK you were referring to, and then my Lord says to me, "You know, SHE thinks because the Father and I are 'one' that we are the same individual, and that in one instance you are saying God does not speak to you, but are turning around and saying you heard such and so from me."

I see, so it is Jesus who speaks to you. Gotcha.

:Well, THAT explains it! Julie, my Father… God… JAH OF ARMIES… and my Lord… His SON… JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH… are NOT the same individual. By NO means. My Father, JAH, has spoken to me, I think, on two occasions. The first one I remember VERY clearly and have posted it here on jw.com… somewhere. It was when He 'sent' His Son to me. At that time, I heard BOTH voices. Only once since then, I think, have I heard both voices, but I can't remember the event. I only remember it, because I was SHOCKED, because the Father does not normally speak. He has one that speaks FOR Him, His Son, my Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, the One of whom He said: "This is my Son; listen… to HIM."

Wow Shelby, you must be incredibly special. As we speak a child is being beaten and raped somewhere in the world and God or Jesus would be talking to you but doesn't lift a finger to stop the atrocities going on around us. I wouldn't worship a God or his son who had such priorities.

:You can 'see' that already? Then why did you bother? I mean, isn't your time precious? Mine is, and there are many folks who WANT me to share, so I don't particularly like wasting time on those who don't.

I think it would have been more accurate of me to say: I see you can offer no explanations for the atrocities in the bible that we haven't seen served up by every other fundie on the board. Hope springs eternal I guess. My fault.

:

You are OK with "righteous", "holy" violence

:Okay with it? I think my phrase was (a la Chris Rock)… "while I don't AGREE with it, I understand it." I did say that, yes?

LOL, He is a funny dude. I caught that routine too. Did you see when he talked about a black vice-president? Hilarious! On the other hand, I guess I assumed you were "ok" with it since it doesn't seem to make you think such a violent God is unworthy or worship.

:

which makes you no better than those Islamic Militant zealot bastards.

:But… you don't 'hate' anybody, right, Jules? Julie, one of the SWEETEST men I know is a Muslim. And he is also one of the gentlest. He would never DREAM of engaging in such conduct. But even so, I don't think the 'bastards' that you refer to are any more reprehensible than the ones from THIS country who sell arms to keep conflicts going around the world, arms that kill innocent women and children EVERY day… for the sake of oil… and world domination. Perspective, honey. Yours seems to be a bit… clouded. Maybe it's all that non-hatred you got going on.

Oh Shelby, do not twist my words. Did I say all Muslims are bad, or evil? No. The Militant Zealots are the ones I have a problem with. I cannot understand why they are so filled with hate when Islam is not about hate and violence.

:

And you obviously feel that methods of deception are OK too.

:Uh, oops… here goes that 'putting words in mouths' thing again. Julie's Hypocrisy… four.

No honey, I was referring to your claim that God doesn't speak to you . Here in this very post you now tell me he has. Twice even. I think that qualifies as deceptive. Don't you?

:

I guess you can take the zealot out of the cult but you can't take the cult out of the zealot.

:Well, I don't know that that would apply to the Taliban. They seem to still be fairly steeped in both.

I think they are lunatics who want to turn the clock back 1000 years.

: And I think some of the "American' cult… uh, 'culture'… is just as dangerous.

Indeed, the emphasis put on materialism (among other things) is pretty harmful.

:Ask the little girl depicted on the cover of the Life magazine running down the street after being doused with napalm… by a people who had NO interest in a war… that was not declared ON them.. or BY them.

Shelby, you can believe this or not but such photos make me cry. I can hardly bear to see suffering. I'd rather endure it than see others suffer it. It is easier for me. I have a very soft heart and it can be very painful.

:You're 38? May I ask, girlfriend, were have you BEEN?

Well let's see, I didn't waste any of my life in the closed world of a cult nor have I spent my time enjoying hallucinations. I am very active in my community, doing charity work and helping where ever I can. We just get by financially but such is unimportant to me. I read the papers, watch the news, read lots of books and talk to fellow humans every day. Why do you ask?

:Okay, now I am almost inclined to say you're lying. You keep SAYING things like this, but your WORDS prove otherwise…

I know you must think I wish you ill Shelby and I am sorry you think so. I merely will call you on the assertions you make. Remember the burden of proof rests on the one making the assertion. Make all the bold assertions you wish Shelby but be prepared to back it up.

:

but know this, you and your ilk will never make progress in implementing your lunacy into the secular world

:Hey, guys… I 'got ilk' again! And THIS time, it's tantamount to Islamic (we 'think') terrorism!

Again Shelby, I do not consider all of Islam to be terrorists. Hardly. Here in Michigan we have many Muslims, and we have more Arab-Americans than any state in the union. They are fine people so quite trying to play that card. It is the hard-core zealots I have a problem with. The same goes for any religion as far as I am concerned.

:

as long as reasonable thinking people live to stop you

:"Stop" me, how, Julie? I have my ideas as to what you are alluding to, but then, YOU don't like killing and violence, right. So, I'm curious: "stop" me, how?

Oh that's an easy one Shelby. Here in the civilized world we rely on such methods as legislation. Let me ask YOU, where have you been?

:Girlfriend, you ain't said nuthin' but a word. Stick a fork in ME, 'cause I can be as 'done' with this... as you can.

Obviously I am not.

:

Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.

:Are you SURE, Jules? Or have you, like so many others, succumbed to the thinking that "injustice HERE - in America - is a threat to justice - everywhere American SAYS it is?"

How presumptous and self righteous of you to assume my world view is merely of the US. Yes, I am sure, as was Martin Luther King, the man I quote there. He too apparently had a problem with injustice. Gee can a white person actually consider a black man to be a Hero? Is that ok with your view Shelby ?

:Yes, dear one. We turned on the TV and saw a MASSIVE devastation that took THOUSANDS of life in a few moments. And we were DEVASTATED. Tell me, are we DEVASTATED every time a bomb… an AMERICAN bomb… goes off in Palestine? Israel? Are we DEVASTATED when the President drops a bomb on innocent people to remove attention from his sordid affair with an intern? Are we DEVASTATED when an oil company that we spend BILLIONS of dollars supporting wipes out two tribes in Africa in order to forcefully obtain land for drilling oil? Are we DEVASTATED when it is purely 'earthling' man that is being massacred? Or are we only 'devastated'… when it is an American 'earthling' man?

Again, very presumptuous of you. I do not like bombing anyone. I saw a documentary recently on how things really are in Afghanistan. I wept bitterly for what some of those people are enduring. So many innocent victims! Oh and Clinton ordered the bobming for the same reason we'll soon be at war with Afghanistan. If you will recall we had a couple of embassies wiped out. But it wasn't here in America so maybe you didn't know. Why don't you widen your world view friend? It was Africa.

:Game. Set. Match.

Spare me Shelby. You have accomplished nothing. I have dispelled your claims to my hypocrisy. You'll have to shoot for something else.

Please limit your delusions to your lord.

Julie, who looks forward to Shelby's reply

• Julie
    Julie

:If you're interested you can complete the sweep on the other thread. You alomst made that look easy. It couldn't have been though. Wading through a river of refuse never is.

ONE....

bigboi

What's the matter bunky, did I offend your believer sensibilities? I didn't see you jump in to justify any of biblegod's gruesomeness. Are you really a bigboi, or just a little man? Well either way you make a brave cheerleader.

Julie

• bigboi
    bigboi
    What's the matter bunky, did I offend your believer sensibilities? I didn't see you jump in to justify any of biblegod's gruesomeness. Are you really a bigboi, or just a little man? Well either way you make a brave cheerleader.

If you had said anything sensible at all maybe I would have responded. However, I don't have the patience Shelby has. There is a saying the God takes care of babies and fools. It seems he has sent someone to deal with you on a personal level. 38 yrs old you say? Well,I guess that just about clears up which group you are included in.

ONE....

bigboi

"life's a bitch a with a g-string and a twelve pack of Busch."

• Farkel
    Farkel

Shelby,

You have certainly become a very different person since I spent personal time with you last fall: you have become Messianic, delusionary and most tragically a narcissist. The later is a very serious neurosis that borders on psychosis. I know: my mother is one.

You orchestrate threads around YOU and your "message." This is disturbing, especially since I saw a sweeter, softer side of you in my time with you here in San Diego.

I took the time to finally read this entire thread and frankly, I don't like what I see. Like any other Cult Crusader, you get mad when you are called to account for your bullshit. You have not answered hard and yet simple questions from Julie and others. You have not explained why you wash feet and yet you were NOT told by "God" of anything really significant like last Tuesday's tragedy which killed THOUSANDS OF HUMAN BEINGS. SURELY, if God would have revealed THAT fact to you on say, MONDAY your credibility would have been awesome and the entire world would then listen to you. But alas, that didn't happen.

Do you remember at lunch in Bully's I asked you to ask your source to identify a certain piece of information that only I know about? Do you remember what you said? You said, "I'm not getting any information about this, Doug." Had your "spirit" revealed that SIMPLE and relatively benign piece of information to you and from you to me, I would have become instantly converted. That didn't happen, and I never became converted. I was really hoping for a straight answer. It didn't come. So either you are a fraud or your God is fraud or both. One simple little answer to a simple little question would have saved my soul for eternity. It didn't happen. If I have to lose my eternal soul over this then your "system" sucks, Shelby.

Now I see you in all your attention-getting-glory spouting tons of bullshit and it makes my heart sad, Shelby. You've become just another impotent, delusionary crackpot. No, I won't meet with you when you visit our town this November. It would break my heart to do so. I'm dirt poor, and that is not fun, but you've become delusional and a lost soul with a dangerous attitude. I know that I'm dirt poor. You just haven't yet figured out that you are delusional.

I weep for you, Shelby. I weep that you consider God to be "Jah of Armies." This is especially tragic in that a WAR GOD of another Cult allegedly ordered the biggest terrorist massacre in US history. This last Tuesday. Different God, but nonetheless a "God" of "Armies," death, destruction and human misery, ruined lives, trashed families and lots of other bad stuff.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• Julie
    Julie

Ah bigboi--

Once again you are the brave cheerleader.

:Wading through a river of refuse never is.

Do you care to be specific as to what part of my post was actual "refuse"? Or like Shelby, when called on an assumption, will claim it was "rhetorical"?

:If you had said anything sensible at all maybe I would have responded

Oh I see. Yes, and your post was sensible and well grounded. Not. It merely appears that your delusional friend has been called on all her self-righteous presumptions and you wanted to back her up.

Feel free to bring up anything I said you have a problem with Bigboi and I'll be glad to address it. If you are not able to stand up and voice your objections, rather hide behind Shelby, well I can do nothing about that.

For now you just look like a cowardly cheerleader, again, unless of course you wanted to be specific.

:It seems he has sent someone to deal with you on a personal level.

Really? Are you comfortable with a delusional liar defending your biblegod? Interesting.

:38 yrs old you say? Well,I guess that just about clears up which group you are included in.

Why don't you expound on this personal attack based on my age? Do you mean to tell me you can't do any better than that? Nothing of substance to criticize?

You poor, sad, little man. You have my sympathies.

Julie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit