My Questions about the US.

by ballistic 91 Replies latest jw friends

• juni
    juni

What are haggis LittleToe? Which smells worse - cow poop or sheep poop? Cow is pretty pungent until it ages.

Ballistic - On our travels we have met Brits. Love your accents. It's so much fun to meet people from all over the world.

Juni

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Basically think of Scotland and "go large" (very large), as they say in the McDonalds adverts

hehe - I don't go quite so large these days, my body told me to give it up... but I'll still drink you under the table in Dallas LT.

Aude, I got your message. You know I am a biker here in England. I might be getting widthdrawl symtoms from biking. Sounds like a good idea.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    I was talking earlier today to the old lady in my local store, and she was saying that on route 1 in California there is this place which defies gravity. You roll things down this hill and they roll back to you. Weird. Then she started telling me you can get a "lesbian" car wash in that town. I was a bit suprised she said this as she's quite an old lady, anyhow, I can't remember where she said it was.

Confusion Hill? Near the Humboldt /Mendocino County line... "Avenue Of the Giants" is really beautiful also... Both them places are in my neck of the woods... I'd visit with ya if you got that close..

• ballistic
    ballistic

Hey OFG, send me your email addy, you're one cool dude.

• OpenFireGlass
    OpenFireGlass
    Hey OFG, send me your email addy, you're one cool dude.

Done Deal...

• mariposa
    mariposa

haha..the idea of going to walmart and picking up everything you need is soooooo unfortunately true I had to laugh!

There's a Walmart or SuperWalmart just about everywhere now, if you need ANYTHING...they got it....I'd recommend Target or the SuperTarget though....a bit more money but cooler stuff.

Everyone's been giving you some great advice..I hope you have an awesome time....Just one question....how do you get to take so much time off to go somewhere?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    There's a Walmart or SuperWalmart just about everywhere now, if you need ANYTHING...they got it....I'd recommend Target or the SuperTarget though....a bit more money but cooler stuff.

Is there one in NYC? I had never heard of Walmart until about 8 years ago. I'm on the west coast now so not so up-to-speed on East Coast developments.

-Aude.

• mariposa
    mariposa

You scared me there for a sec....so I looked. Yeah, they are all over NY. I know 75 & 85 from GA. to Ohio and all over the south you can spot em from the highway. How bout CA?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

http://www.walmart.com/storeLocator/ca_storefinder_results.do?z=9&rx_title=com.wm.www.apps.storelocator.page.serviceLink.title.default&rx_dest=%2Findex.gsp&sfsearch_state=NY&sfsearch_zip=&sfsearch_city=new+york Search Results

We found 20 stores near new york, NY : 1. Secaucus, NJ 07094
    2. Kearny, NJ 07032
    3. Saddle Brook, NJ 07663
    4. Valley Stream (Li), NY 11581
    5. Linden, NJ 07036
    6. Union, NJ 07083
    7. Woodbridge, NJ 07095
    8. Westbury (Li), NY 11590
    9. Uniondale, NY 11553
    10. Watchung, NJ 07069
    11. East Meadow, NY 11554
    12. Old Bridge, NJ 08857
    13. Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927
    14. Boonton, NJ 07005
    15. Piscataway, NJ 08854
    16. Airmont, NY 10901
    17. Massapequa (Li), NY 11758
    18. North Brunswick, NJ 08902
    19. Neptune, NJ 07753
    20. Freehold, NJ 07728

Looks like most of the Walmart stores in the NYC area are in NewJersey.

I think East Meadow might be in Queens (??)

-Aude.

Sorry for the thread hijack. I got caught up in the Walmart adventure. Maybe I should just plan my *own* trip...

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I couldn't imagine there'd be any in Manhattan. I don't know the other NYC Borroughs too well. I'm sure there are dozens located in NewYork but NY is a pretty big state. Venturing out to NJ without a car would be difficult. Same with Long Island. I *think* East Meadow is in Queens.

Growing up, Queens and the Bronx scared me. It was real dirty and rough back in the 60's and 70's. I think it's better now but still need to be careful, I would imagine.

-Aude.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit