My Questions about the US.

by ballistic 91 Replies latest jw friends

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Unless you know people in Dallas, I don't know what you would do here for 5 days.

Well, there's the day before the apostfest and it looks like a few people are there and we're gunna meet up, then there's the apostfest. Then apparently I'm going to sweat so much I need a few showers, then on the third day I can drive around admiring all the buildings and trying to work out where they filmed the TV series, then I can head off I guess? I don't know... I'm just gunna see how it goes.

• serendipity
    serendipity

If you go to Yosemite, you'll need to monitor this situation so you can adjust your route:

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=2628&ncid=2628&e=87&u=/ap/20060602/ap_on_re_us/yosemite_road_closed_1

I agree with Megadude, the scenery is beautiful at Yosemite. Try to position yourself at the tunnel view at twilight - it's gorgeous.

Food at most places at that park is bad to mediocre, except for the two hotels. So if good meals are important to you, splurge at the Ahwahnee and the Wawona hotels dining rooms. Also, be advised that if you can't get lodging in the park, most lodging is at least an hour's drive to the park.

Death Valley is not too far from Las Vegas, and is a neat place. However, in the summer it's 130 degrees there and full of Germans. Proceed at your own risk.

• JH
    JH
    Do you use those two pin mains plugs in every state (110v) ? Does anyone know if they use the same power supply in Toronto?

120 volts is more like it, and it's 60 hz here not 50.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    If you go to Yosemite, you'll need to monitor this situation so you can adjust your route:

Looks like an extra hike involved there and some boulder dodging! lol

• serendipity
    serendipity

Ballistic, to understand Dallasites, you'll need to spend some time at the Galleria mall.

• ballistic
    ballistic
    Ballistic, to understand Dallasites, you'll need to spend some time at the Galleria mall.

I'm going to have to google that or ask for an explanation.... hehe

but just before I go to bed, I just want to make clear to you guys after some messages and PMs, one thing. You know it's bloody grey and rainy all the time here. That going somewhere very hot, different, maybe, not full of huge museums and zoos... Just different, and meet some people is all I want to do for my holiday. I look forward to it.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Speaking of Dallas you'll love it if you like big cites located in the middle of very hot flat plain. The worst thunderstrorm I ever saw was in the Dallas Fort Worth area. My reccommendation is spend one or two days in Dallas and then move on to the real scenary.

• gumby
    gumby

Ballistic...I should have chimmed in a bit on this thread, but you have been given lots of ideas and I don't want to confuse the issue as far as what to do in Calif. If it hasn't been mentioned....Hwy 1 along the Oregon and California coast is beautiful...especially Oregon.

Also....everything MegaDude said

I'm hoping we can do some stuff together....even for a day or 3....and I promise I won't call you Balls either

We need a volunteer hotie from Calif to show you the sites too....there's lots of em here, but I guess they are in the Bay area on down. I live where women have hair under their arms and crap like that. I call my wife magilla in fact..................................just kiddin

Gumby

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Before you make the trek from Dallas to the Grand Canyon you must go see the movie The Hills Have Eyes. The movie will make you extra cautious when traveling in the desert.

• gumby
    gumby
    Before you make the trek from Dallas to the Grand Canyon you must go see the movie The Hills Have Eyes. The movie will make you extra cautious when traveling in the desert.

Don't let him scare ya...I lived in Arizona for 16 years and never had one a them psyco bastards ever confront me.....if they did, I'd shoot em in the nutsac with my pump-up pellet gun......those bastards!!!! *fibbs to Ballistic cuz he saw one a these one day in the desert left by a psyco*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit