Dallas SweatFest - July 29th 2006

by LittleToe 371 Replies latest members meetups

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    Am I going to need to rent a 4-wheel drive to make it there? And how reliable will mapquest be for finding it if I can make it? You guys that know me, just keep your cell phones on in case I get lost!

Na its blacktop all the way from the highway.

Ya its real easy to find.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

We'd love to have you come Brigid! The more the merrier.

Standing rule at a Dallas Apostafest: It's all good.

• Elsewhere
  • Insomniac
    Insomniac

Yikes, those Texas summers are hot; I know, cuz I grew up in Austin, mostly. If y'all get too warm for comfort, just remember that my home is only a plane ride away, and the welcome mat is always out for friendly apostates. And hey-it's nice and cool in Maine!

• Brigid
    Brigid

I love Maine in the Summer (they're nice and friendly when the tourists have their cash out lol!!). We like to go to Portland. Where are you at?

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Brigid- just about one-half hour North of Portland, a town called Bath. Too picturesque for words. Next time you're in my neck of the woods, let me know, maybe we could say hi in person.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Denny and I most likely will be able to arrange to be in Dallas then, we would love to see everyone!!!

We most likely will be making a combo trip for the fest and for the kids to go to SixFlaggs. I will let anyone interested in that know what our plans will be.......exhausting walking at SixFlaggs but the kids are old enough to walk it on their own a bit.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

So who all is gonna be there? Where is it gonna be? Still in the works?

• Brigid
    Brigid

Insomniac,

I have been to Bath as well. That's where they build all the ships? Very beautiful; like the perfect New England town.

All,

I just got confirmation of my tickets this morning. I'm flying into Austin on the 27th, taking care of my business on the 28th adn 31st, and schleppin' to Joe Poole (or wherever y'all decide) on the 29th. I cannot wait!!!

And did I "hear" correctly that LT is going to treat us to a view of him in chaps? I was hoping for full kilt regalia but chaps will do quite nicely.

Anybody who's coming who used to be in either Weatherford, Vernon, Witchita Falls or Arlington (when my dad was an elder, he's out now, we travelled all over TX where the "need was great", so I was in all of those places as a little girl).

In the words of Deiter (SNL Mike Meyers character) I am as excited as a little schoolgirl!

~Brigid

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Oooh I wanna go. I didn't make it to the last one because I needed to get my truck fixed up, but now it's all ready so I'm feeling awfully tempted.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit