May 28--Four years since Dateline's JW sex abuse program aired. Results?

by AndersonsInfo 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• IW
    IW

Barbara,

I know tens of thousands have left the Watchtower organization because they investigated the allegations made on Dateline and other TV programs, and were convinced all claims were true.

I would like to believe that Barbara. Do you have any definitive proof of this?

Thanks,

IW

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

Does anyone know how one would go about doing something like that?

A brochure can easily be done in a program like MS Publisher.

• geevee
    geevee

My wife and I have left due to this issue. It has been a challenging position to be in as we all know. I thank people like Barbara and Bill and those who assisted them in getting this ionfo out there when they did, at a huge personal cost to themselves.

Most r&F jw's do not know how these cases are handled and just "trust" the the elders know exactly what to do, and that they handle these situations properly...as God himself would.

There are many who have left because of the publicity. How can you support their policies by contimuing to attend when you know that it is wrong. Does God's righteous standards change?

If the answer is no, then whgy would he allow his so called representatives on earth to make such a huge stuff up as this.

Glad to be free. Thanks again.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

That show show got me on this board. Though I am not physically free from this cult I am mentally and spiritually free at last...

• acsot
    acsot

It's thanks to the Dateline program that I'm out of the borg - thank you Barbara, and others, for everything you've done and are doing to expose the WTS deceitful policies.

• codeblue
    codeblue

I only saw the last 10 minutes of May 2002 Dateline exposing the WTBS pedophile problem. That was a "defining moment" that lead me leaving an unclean organization.

So, I totally believe in Barbara's statement that thousands have left. Many can't openly post on forums for fear of exposure.

Thanks so much Barbara for you research and putting May 2002 Dateline on the history books!!!

Codeblue

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Fangorn,

You don't know of a shred of evidence?

Of course most loyal JWs would refuse to talk to anybody who DA d on this issue to find out what had happened, nor would they discuss the issue with those who were DF for their stand, and courageous whistle blowing.

What about the Danish boy who was DF for reporting his molestors to the police.

Barbara Anderson and Bill Bowen DF fo speaking out.

Have you read the scores of cases documented on www.silentlambs.org ?

If you are a typical JW you will see none of this as evidence of anything other than the wickedness of those with the backbone to stand up and be counted.

Don't bother with silentlambs - you will probably deny it all anyways.

HB

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Although I believed at the time what I was told to ("those are all apostate lies")...2 1/2 years later, when I started reading here, that story came to my mind, and the scripted jw reaction to it. I'd quickly realized just who the liars were.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I had started posting a few months before that program (and lurking here). Nina was still going to meetings, but we both watched it. Nina was actually wanting very badly to see the program. She left shortly afterward. Dateline didn't cause her to leave but it was another nail in the coffin.

I'd love to see an update, or another similar program done by another news magazine program. If a picture is worth 1,000 words how much is 15-20 minutes of video?

Irregardless of what some might think of the program, it still provided powerful testimony to the horrors of abuse in a fringe religious sect that no one cares about. Shedding light on such a problem is never a bad thing.

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

It is easy to show how tens of thousands have left over this issue, simply by extrapolating from the facts we do know.

1: I personally know nine people who left over the child abuse.

2: assume that of the posters here, one thousand know the same numbers. (some more!)

We are already up to 9, 000.

Put it another way:

1: each year over 100, 000 are leaving the Borg through the back door, without being DA or DF

2: assume that 10, 000 at most have left over the Abuse issue.

Finally, simply by estimating from the figures we do have, assume that only 100 leave in each of the countries where the WT is active.

210 lands X 100 = 21, 000 left.

Let's be even more cautious. in each land no more than 50 have left.

210 X 50 = 10, 500 left.

Of course if Fangorn will only count as shreds of evidence a list of names where we can count from name number one all the way to 10, 000 this is not going to happen, but it is the kind of demand for evidence that JWs regularly demand of others, except of course themselves.

We are all expected to "logically" "reasonably" "apparently" accept their statements with even less to back them up.

HB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit