May 28--Four years since Dateline's JW sex abuse program aired. Results?

by AndersonsInfo 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

Sunday, May 28, 2006, is the fourth anniversary from when a threshold was crossed into uncharted waters. On May 28, 2002, the U.S. television news program, Dateline, publicized to millions of viewers the facts about Watchtower's deceitful child abuse policies which protect pedophiles who target and molest JWs' vulnerable children. Subsequently, this subject caught the interest of media throughout the world who, through careful investigation, substantiated the allegations made on Dateline.
    Now, due not only to exposure of the problem by the media, but through the efforts of tens of thousands of concerned people, four years later, the very name "Jehovah's Witnesses" is being connected with "pedophilia" in the minds of the public, something, upon reflection, we never dreamt would happen. However, if the proverbial shoe fits, let them wear it!
    Many sincere thanks go to all of you who have been actively proclaiming the "bad" news about the Watchtower theocracy, that it has been and is still involved in an unethical and concerted effort to keep the illegal acts of child sexual abuse within their group from being made public. Delivering this message to the world has not resulted in a published organizational policy change, but has caused Witness parents to become knowledgeable about the sexual predators which are hidden within their beloved organization. This then has caused parents and caregivers to become increasingly vigilant in their efforts to protect their children, although they deny it publicly. Despite the ordeal of criticism and censure by the Watchtower organization, advocates of the truth will not be deterred until Witness leaders rid themselves of their egregious "two-witness" policy and confidentiality clause.
    As former JWs, we are well trained as door-to-door canvassers, and now, for real, we have a lifesaving message to take to people. We are like "locusts" who are plaguing JWs' reputation by insisting far and wide that they and their leaders be held responsible for allowing this debacle of hidden secrets to continue. Thank you everyone for your resourceful and inventive ideas to make the public even more aware of Watchtower's blood guilt in this matter.
    If it takes going door-to-door in areas where Kingdom Halls are located, such as sKally is doing, then let's do it as we're providing a community service when we inform KH neighbors about the illegal stance JWs take regarding those accused of molestation. Yes, Kingdom Halls resemble "whitewashed graves, which outwardly indeed appear beautiful but inside are full... of every sort of uncleanness." (Matt. 23:27) If the authorities in the U.S. provide Internet resources to help inform neighbors when a pedophile moves into their community, it is equally important that people know about a religious organization which promotes two crazy and dangerous ideas: that a Witness pedophile who claims repentance should engage in the house-to-house ministry in the community to demonstrate repentance; and no one, other than the Watchtower Society and the local elder body, is to be informed of an accusation of child sexual abuse if there isn't a witness, other than the victim, to the act of molestation.
    Of course, Witnesses still deny that there are molesters holding positions of authority in the organization, but we have the proof, although many refuse to look at it. Scores of kudos are in order for everybody's efforts these past four years to make known the truth about the sexual abuse scandal within the Witness organization. From phone calls, e-mails and other private information, I know tens of thousands have left the Watchtower organization because they investigated the allegations made on Dateline and other TV programs, and were convinced all claims were true.

Warm regards,
    Barbara

• Joker10
    Joker10

I don't believe the general public remembers the 15 minute Dateline segment from 2002. There hasn't been too much publicity 'throughout the world' as you say. However, WT now knows how ex-members feel about this.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Hi Barbara...

I noticed that many people have joined this board because of the Dateline story. There must be numerous JWs throughout the States that have had second thoughts about the Society because of Dateline.... I think the snowball will continue down the path picking up speed. The higher-ups just don't seem to listen (or care). They're setting themselves up for destruction of one type or another.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

It doesn't matter how much the public remembers, personally I think it's more than you think, but what the public remembers. When people outside of the org find out that I was raised in it one of the first things said is "Isn't that a cult?" That Dateline show wasn't for the benefit of jws or even exjws, it was for the benefit of the public who have a right to know the truth about the Society and policies about sexual molestation within the org.

Josie

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Thank you so much Barbara for posting this. It is so hard to believe that it is already four years since that airing. I think it was an excellent portrayal of the witnesses and thier dirty little secrets.

You are right, enough has not been said in the way of thanks for all who worked so diligently to expose the Society that claims it is the perfect and true religion.

I too often think of the scripture of them being "like white washed tomb stones and yet are full of dead bones.' The Society reeks from the stench of their lies. They will have to answer for much.

They are so quick to pass judgement on other religions and yet they are worse then those religions because of their lying double standard hypocrisy. It is God's will that they be exposed for their despicable lies. The judging of others has come back to them to bite them in the you know what.. Just like this scripture , Judge not lest you be judged (Mt 7:1-2

The great apostacy is with in their own organization!! The WTBTs is an instument of the Devil. The original liar, the Father of the Lie.

Once again thanks Barbara for recalling this to our minds.

all my best regards and wishes to you and your husband

Orangefatcat

• Odrade
    Odrade

It would be nice if there were a tri-fold brochure designed professionally (or pro-looking) that provided information and URL information on the pedophile problem with JWs... hmmm...

• wednesday
    wednesday

Dateline is a show watched by many. I was watching it just now. I'm sure it has put two thing together in the minds of people, jws and child molestation. Just b/c iti s not on the 10pm news evrynight does not mean people don't know about it. Jws now join the catholics in being linked with child molestation.

For me, that program was my breaking point. It helped me to be able to say out loud all the the things I have had to keep secret. I am so grateful to Barbara Anderson and Bill Bownen and all the othes who have worked so tirelesley to leep this issue before the public's eye.

True most jws did not see it and have been told it is apostate lies. However, it has managed to get through to some desite all the warning form the wts. We can thank the net for that.

thank you Barbara, I'm very grateful to you and the tremous courage you have shown.

As Danny say, all it takes for the bad to prosper or win is for the good to remain silent.

weds

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

I would love to see a follow up "four years later have they made any changes? Hell no!" Maybe get it on the O'reilly show (I hate that a$$ but a lot of people do watch his show)

• Highlander
    Highlander

I agree Mkr, I hate O'reily but I'd love to see him host this topic.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

I was thinking about what people otherwise ignorant about JWs think about JWs when they think of them at all, as I was reading this in Carl Hiaasen's "Skinny Dip."

"Pinchot, the geriatric Pomeranian, had been located t the county pound, where it had been quarantined after nipping a slow-footed Jehovah's Witness."

It surely reflects my attitude before I discovered JWD as I was researching after discovering a friend's prediliction for the religion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit