May 28--Four years since Dateline's JW sex abuse program aired. Results?

by AndersonsInfo 90 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Anitar
    Anitar

Thank you Serendipity, I'm very glad to be here

• exposem
    exposem

Without question the wittnesses continue to lead by FEAR! In example, during the seventies this emplaced organization mislead so many . Their cries that the "end of the wicked system of things " were to be by 1975! Sheepish members fell into this mass hysteria THE LIE TOOK SHAPE! IMHO, Wittness are shunned to even question thier origins at a closer detail. Almost all of their writings are unauthored by the so called "directed by jehovah" writers. Time after time their dooms day predictions have turned out to be untrue. Yet the masses continue on.They enjoy the free rights afforded by goverment yet they isolate themselves form the constructive efforts and call all others " worldly or part of satans world.". This cult has been plaqued by scandal, lies and even abuse since it's inception. A pure cult that brain washes it's followers. As a veteran of THE WAR in Afgahnistan and Operation Iraqi freedom, I scorn this cult for not even Honoring their country's sacrifice of all veterans. This cult is a danergous organization that needs to be watched! Dont let these bell ringers off the hook!!!

• exposem
    exposem

As a former wittness who was disfellowship for enlisting in The Military, I am free at last from this CULT!!! The great God above, gave us a brain and a heart! Use it!!! Amen!

• sf
    sf

Thanks for your input exposem. Welcome.

When I hear or see the words "we are no part of THIS WORLD" by a jw, I just roar with laughter at how ridiculous a statement it is. What they are are cockroaches.

sKally

• exposem
    exposem

I feel so sorry for, the masses in this cult that are limited in deciding for themselves. To think, reason and act as a normal Human is prohibited if it's outside of the societys borders. These members in my opinion are robbing themselves of lifes many joys! However, thats what BRAIN WASHING does! Very very sad indeed!! Next time the door bell rings and it's the wittnesses, ask them about 1975! Ask them about the miracle wheat scandal with thier founder Mr. Russell. Amen

• exposem
    exposem

No this is not about bashing the JW society rather , it's about exposure! It's about highlighting a society that BRAIN WASHES it's members to dangerous levels! Ask the many who died as a result of no blood transfusions! Ask them , if you can! Ask the many JW children that are trained not to defend themselves(during school scuffles) and to call out to jehovah instead! I know! From experince! I was raised as a JW during my childhood years!.WE MUST EXPOSE AND HOLD THIS CULT ACCOUNTABLE TO THE FULLEST EXTENT! They have and continue to ruin lives while appearing as sheep...yet are WOLVES IN REALITY. Exposem!!!!

• exposem
    exposem

The JW speak against predictions and modern day prophets!(smilinG) YET, they themselves predicted the end DATES! In example 1918, 1975, 1995! Try localizing the ANY authors name on each awake and or watch watch tower issue. you won't! Accordding to the society, these are appointed persons froM GOD Jehovah, authorized to deliver the truth(probally from some office space in NYC) . How stupid I was to allow my youth to be BRAIN WASHED! exposem!!

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hello Barbara............I am one of the many who has personally benefited from the 'Dateline' show and particularly 'Sunday' in Australia. My entire family of 7 left the WTS, for many reasons but primarily for the handling of sexual abuse matters.

Four years ago my husband (we were both jws at the time, but he was using the internet at night, looking up information about the WTS) told me about 'silent lambs' and the dateline show re: sexual abuse. He also found out on this very forum, about the 'Sunday' show well in advance of it's going to air. I firstly panicked and told him he was going apostate and i may go to the elders about it (god i was sick then), then i couldn't help but want to know more about people all over the world who, as my husband told me, had experienced the same treatment by the WTS as i had over the sexual abuse of our child.

In short, we never went to another meeting again after seeing the Australian show. Seeing others suffering as my family had and the injustices and corruption, made me so furious. And then to hear stupid dubs trying to defend their pathetic religion made it impossible for me to be a part of it any longer. Many knew why we stopped going but were too afraid of coming to us to help in case they would hear more, so they stayed far away.

As far as i'm concerned i know how much influence the various shows have had on jws and the public in my area. I have had many opportunities to tell both dubs and non dubs about our experiences. i have loaned out the video with 3 different shows covering the scandal, i have discussed the doctrines, practices and beliefs of jws with work colleagues, i have told annoyed people how to get on the do not call list............i have been able to use the media exposure to back my own personal story, it's been very powerful................it has helped to bring to the public's attention the truth about the sick cult known as WTS.

So to Barbara and all the others who have been able to contribute in some way to bringing the truth out about a subject not many want to touch..................A HEARTFELT THANKS FOR YOUR PERSONAL SACRAFICE WHICH HAS DIRECTLY HELPED ME AND MY FAMILY in being able to make a stand and leave the WTS knowing we are not mad or alone. And particularly THANKS for all the children who have been saved from being sexually abused as a direct result of the shows being aired ................THANKS

Bliss

• was a new boy
    was a new boy

21 years since Dateline's JW sex abuse program aired.

The only one I could find.

https://youtu.be/tbKXj8R4_X8?list=PLMdnmxVj8yUW4NpHFIo_BfME55A2_kgUg&t=1

'This is from the talk that I recorded from last summer's convention:

06:58
    Sad to say, these very, extremely wicked opposers of Jehovah, and of truth, have succeeded in affecting the spiritual balance of quite a few of our brothers and sisters, who have listened to their poisonous propaganda. In fact, in one congregation in a local circuit, eight publishers were very shaken just a few months ago, because of watching an apostate-promoted TV documentary. And this was in spite of the fact that, that very week, the elders had set aside ten minutes of the service meeting, a couple of days before the documentary was aired, to warn the brothers that it was going to be on, and they used material from the Faithful and Discreet Slave to help them to see why it would be dangerous to watch it. And in spite of that, eight publishers were very shaken because they did watch it.'

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/67294/remember-dateline

https://watchtowerdocuments.org/barbara-andersons-diary/

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Wow. Blast from the past.

Good stuff, though… the Org really went into Siege Mode what this dropped.

Just put a Bandaid on a bleeding stump, though, if you ask me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit