How closely does your online personality match the REAL you?

by nicolaou 81 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

wow peachy cheeks - very accurate descriptions - we need your service in every thread - it would save a lot of bumping heads and egos getting to know each other.

miss peaches: sweet, intelligent, lovely

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When I first came on here I was probably way too serious, and I am still that way inclined now, though I have made a concsious effort to lighten up a bit. I am in many ways the same offline, though since moving in with dedpoet I have learned to laugh a lot more.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

I'm not as manic-depressive online as I am in real life. :D

• KW13
    KW13

WHOO i must win this one then. Sorry lads! Miss peaches - Two roses incase you forget to water the first one

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Oh to be young and free and handsome and living in manchester

• Tea4Two
    Tea4Two

Miss Peaches? Do mean by, "nostalgic", I am the Old Fashion type? Musta been my Avatar that gave me away.

So true, So true.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I know its possible for some and I have heard stories of people being completely different online but I dont see the benefit in being anything other than I am here and now. Why bother?

The only difference is that I am probably more contankerous on a Monday morning and particularly grumpy on a Sunday evening! than I would ever let on when I am online!

DB74

• Mary
    Mary
    gumby, ballistic and unc bruce are the same person. they all share the same pictures, bed, ideas, body...women...sorry mary

That's why I refer to them as the Un-Holy Trinity ----(actually, I think that was Unc Bruce, Dr. Jekyll and the Gumbaby, but we can throw Ballistic in there too)...........Aw geeze........I knew there was a reason I couldn't get all of them in the same room at the same time..........

I am killing myself laughing at that picture that Unckie Bruce put up.......does that say "Tired Old Ass Cream"?? (kinda hard to read)

• KW13
    KW13

You'll never make it Uncle Bruce! i was here first.

That's why I refer to them as the Un-Holy Trinity ;----(actually, I think that was Unc Bruce, Dr. Jekyll and the Gumbaby, but we can throw Ballistic in there too)...........Aw geeze........I knew there was a reason I couldn't get all of them in the same room at the same time..........

I thought the women thing was a joke

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Online, we have the gift of anonymity. We can be our true selves freely without the often permanent consequences that come along with being our full selves in the "real" world.

I agree, I feel that I can really speak my mind when I'm on the boards. It feels good to let of some steam and ask the questions that you've always wanted to ask.

But my online personality is preety much the same. I give thoughtful words if needed to my friends and ((()))) to those that need it. I'm very giving and positive when needed to be.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit