How closely does your online personality match the REAL you?

by nicolaou 81 Replies latest jw friends

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy
    But my online personality is preety much the same. I give thoughtful words if needed to my friends and ((()))) to those that need it. I'm very giving and positive when needed to be.

Same here, but I tend to use a bit more tact offline. I often come off as preachy online because it's so easy to get away with, and I often don't realize that I'm doing it. The inhibitions simply aren't there. If someone doesn't like what you have to say, well, life goes on. Of course alienating yourself by going overboard is never a good idea...I always try to respect everyone I talk to on and offline. It's good to keep in mind that people online *are* real people with real feelings. It's just harder to see them through typed words.

• talesin
    talesin

It matches perfectly - 51% sweetheart and 49% b*tch, no BS allowed.

;)

• luna2
    luna2

Talesin! There you are! Are you back for a bit?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Hey, Talesin! What welcome breeze blew you through this way! Sit a spell and wind a yarn about your time away from us.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

okay a couple more.... :o) and also a note for Tea4Two, it wasn't your avatar it was your name. And yes I meant it a little like old fashioned. As in that you appreciate and follow what can be consdiered old fashioned customs and values

caligirl - a vision comes to mind when I think of you as a girl on rollerskates whizzing about smiling and greeting everyone as you go...
    ColdRedRain - creative and a thinker
    cognizant dissident - another relatively newby... you come across to me as a person who is exploring horizons (of the thinking type)
    fullofdoubtnow - your someone who doesn't waste any time. you see something and make up your mind immediately
    sass_my_frass - a cheeky girl. intelligent balanced out with a bit of craziness
    jojochan - curious by nature. a rock to those he considers friends
    luna2 - I think that you fly under the radar about. but among your intimate circle of friends your the life of the party
    Fleur - a chatterbox but highly aware of things going on around you
    minimus - your like this stastics person always getting data and pondering on it which only leads to more thinking and requiring more research
    RichieRich - do I dare? Determined, headstrong, will not let anything stand in your way. A little arrogant but not in a bad way
    MissBehave - intelligent and caring
    Jourles - there's many layers to you. Sometimes I'm surprised by the things you discuss or reveal
    damselfly - awww.... dams my favourite little square bear. No doubting your a brainiac but also a shoulder to cry on and a girl you can celebrate with

• KW13
    KW13

Are you an elder miss peaches? LOL

I note how i got the best review, if i come into money i'll buy you a condo

• MissBehave
    MissBehave

misspeaches, you are a sweetie pie!!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Miss peaches:

You come across as someone who sees the best in everyone, a peach of a friend to have!

Cog

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket
    In real life I'm probably a bit more quiet...at least at first.

That's me. I'm not as likely to divulge private information to strangers. I talk just about everything on here (except my underwear and sex life). I leave that for the more freespirited posters! Although, I'm not opposed to sharing jokes about things related to sex.

Was that TMI?

• ballistic
    ballistic

Has anyone thought about how strange it is that you build up a mental image of other posters in your minds eye. From the apostfests I have been to I know these can sometimes be completely wrong, a bit like online dating. Also, I often forget completely the international nature of the board and am suprised when I hear a clip on here with the US accent. I guess the same would be true in reverse if you heard my English accent. I also find the sociological aspects of the interaction interesting. Another thing, my friends find it slightly bemusing that I am using words like side walk, gas station, highway, etc. This is just the result of using this board.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit