How closely does your online personality match the REAL you?

by nicolaou 81 Replies latest jw friends

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

I think I come across as a bit agressive online but in reality I know I'm extremely chilled - lazy some might say.

I'm Greek you see and we do so love to argue the toss - loudly and insistently - and then have a game of Tavli (backgammon) afterwards. Thing is most of my family are still JW's and as I can't do it with them you guys end up getting both barrels!!

Thanks for being there.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Nik - Good question. I was wondering that myself. But, I am right there with ya man. I think I come across as aggressive and in your face, when I don't intend that at all. I am really very easy going by nature. To each there own.

I think the funniest thing is that I have a policy .... I refuse to discuss religion with anyone. I spent so much of my life debating religion, studying religion, that I refuse to do it now. However, I joined with forum with the knowledge that I was going to be discussing religion in so many different ways. I have my own theories on why I am here, but they shall remain with me.

I figure people take what I say or how I come across with a grain of salt (at least that is what I am hoping for).

• greendawn
    greendawn

I think everyone's personality comes out as it is over time the same as would happen in real life contact "the passage of time reveals someone's true character" and that's an ancient Greek saying by the way.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Ima @sshole in real life. I hope I've hidden it well over the past year and a half

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't know how my online personality comes over. I think I suprise people when I meet them. Perhaps one of my buddies can coment on me.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

I am of the same view as Ballistic in that I am not sure how I am perceived online; perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

DB74

• EAGLE-1
    EAGLE-1

I am a pain in the ass but I try to make people laugh even when I am serious.Apt to say anything anywhere anytime to anybody.I go for shock value.Apt to get shot in the face someday but I will bleed all over em.

• gumby
    gumby

Ballistics just like this guy online and in real life. He even looks like this guy cept he's got a much smaller dinger than this guy.

Gumendowed

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I am nicer in person than I am online

• ballistic
    ballistic

Good grief Gumby. I think you're just jealous that I have a ladies discreet hair trimming service (plus extras) and you just polish ball sacks for a living.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit