OK believers, time to put up or shut up...

by Gregor 238 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR
    XJW4ever - The basic request for this topic was that there be no BS, and you bring up what amounts to a belief in a parallel universe. Naughty, naughty!!

A parallel universe? No, I was attempting to truly ascertain what it is you believe. Obviously, this is just some sort of mental masterbation for you to get some sort of twisted jollies from. Too bad, I have been wanting to engage in a discussion like this for awhile. I guess it will wait for someone else that truly wants to discuss this, and not just insult people.

In other words, see ya!

• Gregor
    Gregor

Double Edge,

Too bad you haven't learned anything in your life experience to answer the basic, theology 101 question that I have asked. I am beginning to see the meaning behind your avatar.

Ballistic - You have assumed that I believe that religous belief has done nothing good for people. I never said that. I know that religous belief has helped a lot of people in a very positive way, like Jgnat for example. But in all fairness you must acknowledge that religous belief has, and still is today, been directly responsible for the cold blooded murder of thousands, millions.

I simply asked a fundamental question that, so far, has just got a lot of your collective panties in a bunch, just like I knew it would.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I'm still shocked by the tack you've taken Gregor.

• sinis
    sinis

Has anyone started an ant farm off from scratch? Then 2 months later you get bored and "forget" to feed the ants while the colony is at full swing. Eventually the ants turn on each other and the experiment comes to a screatching halt some time in the future. Then one spring day, many months later you happen to walk by the ant farm only to see all the ants dead. You think back to when that occupied your time but because of boredom you found some other project to work on. Now your only concern is how to get the mold off that is growing on the ant farm glass...

That is life. I believe in a Supreme being but I do not think he cares about man. Think about it, if you had the power to end all problems would you not as an IMPERFECT human do so? Also, how can a loving god continue to bring punishment upon future generations of the first pair? Would you as an IMPERFECT human even entertain the thought of punishing your grandchildren and great grand children for something your child did?

The universal soverenty issue makes no sense. Think about it, why does god allow this to go on? HE IS GOD. He has every right to be challenged, but the challenger WILL LOSE, he is god and he is almighty and he knows best - so in essence he should not give a rats ass about what his angels think or what humans might think since he is GOD and he KNOWS how it will turn out in the end. By allowing this to go on his is basically allowing weaker sub-gods to challenge him with them thinking they can defeat him. Yea that sounds like God is ALMIGHTY, when someone thinks they can challenge him and get away with it.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I think that one day you will find out you are part of the universe and that god is the universe. So we are all part of eachother. All the evil and good is part of the whole. And we only experience a small part of it for now. And that is why karma exists because you can only hurt yourself in reality.

• Gregor
    Gregor

1 Peter 3:14 -15 "But and if ye suffer for rightousness sake, happy are ye, and be not afraid of their terror, neither be troubled. But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and be ready to give an answer to every man that asketh of you a REASON of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear"

Bennyk -

"For those who believe, no (further) PROOF is necessary.

For those who cannot believe, no proof is ever ENOUGH." That's heavy, dude! Pass that over here!

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Double Edge,

Too bad you haven't learned anything in your ;life experience to answer ;the basic, theology 101 question that I have asked.

Gregor.... what in the h*ll are you talking about. You have no knowledge on what I have or have not learned in my life experience, so that's moot. The BASIC THEOLOGY 101 question? ..... like I give a rat's patootee what certain men have put together and call it a class on "god".

I am beginning to see the meaning behind your avatar.

You 'see' only what you want to see - that's my point.

Lest you think I'm 'angry' with god let me assure you I am no more angry with god than I am angry with the cupboard door I left open and cracked my head on.

hmmm, well your posts seem to indicate otherwise.
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

But in all fairness you must acknowledge that religous belief has, and still is today, been directly responsible for the cold blooded murder of thousands, millions.

No such acknowledgement need be made at all.

Is it truly religion that causes wars, or is it merely a useful tool to stir the masses? Politics are often behind it, rather than genuine Godly fervour.

If you can't see that, then maybe ya need to try on another pair of spectacles with a different shade of tint

Ballistic:
    With only minor alterations, that works for me

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Seems someone is enjoying trolling, tonight. Must be something in the air...

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    I think that one day you will find out you are part of the universe and that god is the universe. So we are all part of eachother. All the evil and good is part of the whole. And we only experience a small part of it for now. And that is why karma exists because you can only hurt yourself in reality.

Well said. And I don't think "that one day" necessarily means sometime in the 80 odd years on this mortal plane. Life is eternal.... so is our discovery.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit