JW's TORTURES DAUGHTER TO DEATH

by DannyHaszard 70 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21
    Why do so many tragic headlines occur regarding "The happiest people on earth"?

We all know that these are a tiny minority compared to the loving parents that most J W 's are. But if the Watchtower were to be believed there would not be any cases. A reasonable man might concede that there may be one or two cases in a matter of years , due to human imperfection. But So Many??. There was also that awful case in Mexico only recently where a whole family got wiped out . I will always remember the blood stained "Bible Stories Book" in the photo of that case.

Perhaps there is a problem? I am really beginning to think so. Either the teachings are making it happen? Or are they just attracting more than their fair share of psychopathic bullies? I don't know the answer.

Not sure what you mean by so many. Of a population of 6 Million + (or 15 Million + if you use those associated with Witnesses) it seems that the number of incidents of criminal activity are extremely low. As for stories like these, this story would be ghastly (and there for interesting to readers) no matter what religion the people were. Normally, their religion would not even be cited but it is because of the CONTRADICTION that it makes the religion fact an interesting fact to report. It is because JWS are known to be law-abiding and generally good persons who preach and teach that the family life should be positive and loving, that when an instance where the circumstance goes against that knowlege, it makes the story interesting. The RARITY of JWs going bad makes it newsworthy to report that the person is a JW. Additionally, JWs are well-known to a superficial extent by the general population but in some ways they are an "exotic" group, thus more often than not if a JW is involved the fact that they are a JW will be mentioned. Basically when a JW does something bad it is as startling and extraordinary as if a Nun or someone like that did something criminal. It just isn't expected and is contrary to what they stand for and that makes it news. -Eduardo

• Cognitive_Dissident
    Cognitive_Dissident

The Slack's five other children all showed indications of physical abuse. They were taken into state custody and placed with relatives, authorities said.

I wonder if they got placed with JW relatives. Probably. Aarrgh! Hopefully somebody at the state level had some knowledge of the cultic practices of the witnesses and got the other kids in to some sort deprogramming therapy, in addition to the dozens of other kinds of therapy that a kid would have to go through to try to deal with this.

I just can't imagine the emotions that the other kids must be going through. All of the guilt at being forced to take part in that unspeakable act.

"With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion." - Steven Weinberg

CD

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

i just called my jw dad and told him about this case. HE DEFENDED THE WT TO THE HILT . CASE CLOSED

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

What an awful story. Those two should be locked away forever.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Eduardo, your beautifully crafted words show your loving regard for Jehovah God's organization "Basically when a JW does something bad it is as startling and extraordinary as if a Nun or someone like that did something criminal. It just isn't expected and is contrary to what they stand for and that makes it news." My thoughts: If the reporter thought the JW's were saintly people, why did he use the words "strict" to describe the parenting style, and why did he highlight that they children were not allowed to play with [worldly] children? I think the media likes this story becuase rest of America thinks the JWs are a controversial group. Just like Scientology who gets press and we shake our heads at Tom Cruise jumping on Oprah's sofa & eating placenta comments - WTS is not "normal" and it's the JW's abnormality coupled with abnormal behaviour that's sensational. It's not JW's unreproachable reputation coupled with this abnormal, single family. My thoughts - translated to Eduardo's loving, writing style: This news story happened becuase the WTS is a persecuted group. This newspaper man wanted to bring down the WTS.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Eduardo say's-

it seems that the number of incidents of criminal activity are extremely low.

Bullshit,spoken like a classic cult apologist,Jehovah's Witnesses succumb to the same deadly sins as everybody else they just cover up & deny it

web0401anger.jpg

A mixed dynamic of stockholm syndrome,cognitive dissonance and surrogate/displacement rage produces a 'double life' psychopathic behavior characteristic of Jehovah's Witnesses and other like hard core fundy faiths.You are as sick as your secrets--Danny Haszard

• Mary
    Mary
    So let me get this straight. You are saying that elders would rather let someone be abused then to damage the jw reputation by reporting the abuse to authorities. This isn't written anywhere obviously.

That's right and there's lots of cases to show it. Unfortunately, with the Dubs, image is everything. That's why there was the whole pedophile scandal. It's not that the WTS officially thinks it's great to sexually abuse your kids, but when push comes to shove, they value their "reputation" a hell of a lot more than they do the welfare of a child. Same goes for physical abuse. The Witnesses do not officially endorse beating your children (spanking yes---beating, no), but when they're faced with a mother and/or father that DOES beat their child, the elders are in a quandry: do we do what's right and phone the police and expose the fact that there are Witnesses that beat their children? Or do we value our reputation as "God's Organization" here on earth and figure that ignoring a minor thing like someone beating their child, is a price worth paying in order to keep that reputation?

The whole thing is a spiritual "perfect storm": You've got the GB members, (none of whom have children). They have their Charles Dickens view of authority, obedience and families. Plus, none of them have degrees in Psychology, Social Services, Early Childhood Education, or anything for that matter, yet they're constantly playing that they are All-Knowing. Then you factor in alot of dysfunctional Witness families who are on power trips from "knowing" that they have God's approval, and the "don't take your brother to court" bullshit, and guess what happens? Mental, sexual and physical abuse at every level.

This story made headlines because the girl died. How many Witness families are out there where the children don't die, but have to endure years of abuse? The whole thing makes me sick.

• James Free
    James Free
    Who in their right mind would think the doctrines of a fairly common, modern "Christian" religion could have anything to do with the beating-death of a twelve year old girl?!

The WT does not encourage its members to beat their children in this way. However, the religion is certainly not common or modern, and corporal punishment is allowed. It is not unusual for parents to smack their children in the Kingdom Hall. Many Witnesses will claim it is the lack of 'discipline' that causes so many problems with 'worldly' children. Unfortunately, a few parents take it too far. The culture within the Witness community can enourage this:

WTS touting Paradise and obediance demonstrated through strict compliance with rules and subjection to authority. They could follow the instructions. My parent's abusive background and the WTS's authoritative structure, I think, gave my parents the ammunition to punch, hit with brooms, etc.

I personally was often severely beaten by my Elder father. I never thought for a minute to seek the help of other elders. Why not? Reason one was I saw they stuck together. The other reason was because I knew this experience to be true:

The elders had a "little chat" with her, insinuating that she could be DF'd for "spreading gossip" if she told anyone else in the Hall about the beatings ... I'm not sure what happened after that, but the elders were pissed off that she had "brought reproach upon Jehovah's name" by exposing their dirty little secrets.

The Elders are faced with a problem, mentioned earlier:

The Witnesses do not officially endorse beating your children (spanking yes---beating, no), but when they're faced with a mother and/or father that DOES beat their child, the elders are in a quandry: do we do what's right and phone the police and expose the fact that there are Witnesses that beat their children? Or do we value our reputation as "God's Organization" here on earth and figure that ignoring a minor thing like someone beating their child, is a price worth paying in order to keep that reputation?

I personally know of at least two cases, apart from my own, where Elders were told of physical abuse going on and they did nothing. When the mother threatened to take it to the authorites she was told it would bring reproach on Jehovah's name and she should instead concentrate on being a more submissive wife. In the other case, another who wanted to report the abuse was told she could be DF'd for gossipping.

It could happen in other religions. The WT does not encourage abuse like this father and mother performed. But they are being judged by what the do about it, same as the sexual abuse problem, and the Elders and the WT are failing their members big time. And there are HUNDREDS of examples to prove it.

• Gary1914
    Gary1914

.......and generally good persons who preach and teach that the family life should be positive and loving.

Actually, JW's have some of the most dysfunctional families in the world. This is because if a member of the family decides that they no longer wish to be a witness, that family member is ostrasized, shunned and considered an outcaset by other family members. It's absolutely disgusting how some families will completely stop speaking to their own precious flesh and blood in the name of a "loving" religion. It is religious blackmail orchestrated by those in charge, to get the family member to come back into the organization.

• carla
    carla

teach that the family life should be positive and loving. - There is nothing positive or loving about the jw's and their perverted view of 'love' and family relationships.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit