JW's TORTURES DAUGHTER TO DEATH

by DannyHaszard 70 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• LDH
    LDH
    Larry Slack, who weighs more than 350 pounds, had sneaked a 6-inch kitchen knife into the Calumet Area police station by hiding it in the folds of his skin. He stabbed himself in the chest and was transported to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was treated for minor injuries before being returned to police custody.

What a faker and a loser.

I can't wait till he goes to real prison and takes 10 inches where the sun don't shine. I pray that the convicts will mete out the justice that this baby girl deserves.

If you know of parents who home school their children for purposes of social isolation, be assured that there are BEATINGS going on in that home.

Lisa

• undercover
    undercover

Another instance where being a JW doesn't protect you from bad things or from being bad.

While religion does play a part in the case, we have to admit that this is not the normal actions of a JW parent disciplining a child. Most JWs who hear of this are going to be just as upset as everyone else.

There's obviously something not right about this man and his wife. The fact that they were JWs is not the issue. It's not being JWs that caused them to do this. Something in their own thinking and reasoning caused them to do this. The religion may have played a small part in that physical punishment is considered appropriate at times, but not to this degree. A spanking and torture are not the same thing.

It's not any different than if it had been a deranged Catholic, Baptist or Mormon who had done the same thing.

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I forgot all the detail, but wasn't there a scripture that JW parents were instructed in to help the JW parent understand that they COULD beat their child during a meeting to make the child mind? PLEASE PM ME.

My sister complains that her best friend "slaps" her little baby (9 months) in the Tuesday night meeting to make him/her mind. I want to show my sister WHY her friend does this.]

Skeeter

• glitter
    glitter

Poor little lass, absolutely hideous what happened to her. I hope both parents rot. *Weird* how each time the father whipped 39 times and the mother 20 - how could they be that accurate in a rage.... so it seems that after the inital anger they were both calm enough to follow a routine. So I suppose that means 39+20 was their standard punishment. But *why* 39, what a strange number to pick for repetitions of anything.

• greendawn
    greendawn

What a sadistic bastard, giving the girl so many blows is like an intentional act of barbarism rather than discipline that got out of hand, he and people like him deserve to be locked up for good.

• Oroborus21
    Oroborus21

This guy is a scumbag. It is too bad that he didn't succeed in killing himself but maybe the state will do it for him.

Jehovah's Witnesses do not condone beating their children or anything like this situation that goes far beyond even a beating. This was a murderous rage. JWs do condone corporal punishment, aka spanking.

I thought this part of another article gave some interesting details about this fat pig.........

-------

The Slacks, neither of whom have any previous criminal history, both have made videotaped admissions about the beating, the prosecutor said. According to Pfeiffer and police who were there when the Slacks were being questioned, Larry Slack attempted to kill himself while in custody.

Pfeiffer said Larry Slack, who weighs more than 350 pounds, had sneaked a 6-inch kitchen knife into the Calumet Area police station by hiding it in the folds of his skin. He stabbed himself in the chest and was transported to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was treated for minor injuries before being returned to police custody

Pfeiffer said Larry Slack, who weighs more than 350 pounds, had sneaked a 6-inch kitchen knife into the Calumet Area police station by hiding it in the folds of his skin. He stabbed himself in the chest and was transported to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was treated for minor injuries before being returned to police custody.

Calumet Area detectives who were familiar with the case said Tuesday that Larry Slack had told them that he strongly believed in corporal punishment. They also said that they knew him to be deeply religious, but they added it was unclear whether Slack was abiding by some religious mandate.

But Leon Slack, an uncle of Laree's, said religion had nothing to do with what happened. "Our family loved Laree dearly," read a statement the family released Tuesday.

In a brief telephone interview, the uncle went further.

"What happened was a tragedy," he said. "It was not in line with religion. Something obviously went wrong, and we just want to grieve as a family."

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

Like others here, I am inclined not to use the behavior of a single person as a way to discredit an entire group. I have to think any JW I have ever met or known would be completely disgusted by this.

On the other hand, some of these children were in there teens! Didn't ANYBODY notice all the bruises? The attitudes that would have to be in place to support this level of cruelty surely manifested themselves in other ways for all to see?

I have a question. If an elder became aware of physical abuse in a home, would it EVER lead to a call to the authorities?

CYP

• sf
    sf

glitter,

Please read some of the google hits I posted. As it will answer your inquiry.

sKally

• Mary
    Mary
    Someone mentioned the cause of death, where did you see what the CCME ruled as the cause of her death?

I can't remember off hand, because I think this happened over a year ago, but I'm almost positive that I read that she died due to internal hemorraging.

Larry Slack, who weighs more than 350 pounds, had sneaked a 6-inch kitchen knife into the Calumet Area police station by hiding it in the folds of his skin. He stabbed himself in the chest and was transported to Christ Hospital and Medical Center in Oak Lawn, where he was treated for minor injuries before being returned to police custody.

Too bad the son of a bitch didn't just die.

I have a question. If an elder became aware of physical abuse in a home, would it EVER lead to a call to the authorities?

Sure they would. Just like they immediately contact the authorities when they find out someone poor kid's being molested by an elder..................I know of no instance where elders have phoned the police when they suspected physical abuse going on, but I'll assume there's at least some decent elders with a sense of morality who would report it.

Several years ago, there was a couple in my Hall (both of them were not all there and should have NEVER been allowed to breed), and we found out that they were beating the holy hell out of their son who was less than a year old. My girlfriend reported it to the elders and naturally, they did nothing. When she enquired as to what was going on, they told her to forget about it. Seeing as she works with abused children and abused elderly folks, she said she would NOT forget about it and demanded to know what was going on.

The elders had a "little chat" with her, insinuating that she could be DF'd for "spreading gossip" if she told anyone else in the Hall about the beatings. Not the sort to be intimidated, she asked them if they realized that they could go to prison for purposely not reporting the beatings to the authorities (which you're required to do where we live). They didn't know that (DUUUH!). She finally took it upon herself to report it to the cops. I'm not sure what happened after that, but the elders were pissed off that she had "brought reproach upon Jehovah's name" by exposing their dirty little secrets. Assholes.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

And THAT is the point of many of our rantings and ravings around here. If a group of people knows that abuse is going on within their group, or by one or more members of their group, that group bears a collective responsibility to report the abuse to the authorities.

Substitute "religion" for "group."

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit