JW's TORTURES DAUGHTER TO DEATH

by DannyHaszard 70 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

CYP - my guess is that the abuse was covered up (which is an indication that the parents knew it was wrong and tried to concel their acts of violence on the kids) by the kids wearing jackets or long sleeves. Also, considering the kids were home school and not allowed to "associate" with any of the worldly neighbor kids, this kept them out of the eye of the public, thus, allowing the abuse to continue unnoticed.

I suppose it is like the family that let their daughter starve to death because it was against their religion to eat meat. She was not getting enough to sustain her and she was very frail and underweight. However, it do come out in court that the father would eat meat during the day when he was at work. When the kids testified as to getting in trouble if they ate things that were not allowed, it was heart wrenching. They would get spanked or punished because they were disobeying god. Guess what, the judicial system found the parents not guilty of murder. They were put on probation. WTF!!! How is that possible. Well here in the States, religion is still looked upon as a "personal" decision and if you hindge something on the "against my religion" it usually gets you off with a slap on the hand.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Several have wondered about the cause of death. While I have no way to find out my speculation would be that she either suffocated because of the way ahe was muzzled or she was killed by internal injuries suffered when she was beaten on her front. Since the cause was not mentioned in the articles we may well never know.
    It was sick to read about it. Obviously the man was simply out of control. Even at my worse in dubdom I would never have submitted my children to that kind of cruelty. And I would've reported anyone, JW or not, who I knew to've done anything like that to the authorities. In fact, I DID report a person who abused her son. I think the man's conduct rises to the level of enhanced circumstances spelled out by the Supreme Court for the death penalty.
    Forscher

• bem
    bem

It is true any group being it by religion or otherwise noted will and do murder there children, But the fact is these are parents that are taught their children are gifts from god, what a way to treat a precious gift that has been given to them by the 'being' they laud and adore so much. These animals were not just happy to beat this child they humiliated her and involved the rest of the children in the act:

According to Pfeiffer, when Laree began to scream, Larry Slack ordered his sons to fetch a towel to stuff in her mouth. He then tied a scarf over the towel and used a stick to wind the scarf like a tourniquet into place.

He then cut off his daughter's shirt, ordered the other children to pull off her pants and whipped her 39 more times, the prosecutor said. Constance followed with 20 more lashes, Pfeiffer said.

As Laree writhed from what would total more than 160 blows, the girl's back began to bleed. So, according to Pfeiffer, Larry Slack untied her, turned her over and beat her 39 more times on her stomach and chest.

"It was an awful one," Pfeiffer said after court, shaking her head. "And to think they involved the other children, that's what gets me."

Tell me if one of these parents had been loving their precious gift they would not of stopped before they went this far. Why is it noted by the media so many times that the family were JW's? How about the fact that the JW's Preach, teach, and swear by their god jehovah that they are the only true religion and they put all other persons beneath themselves then they do these sorts of crimes! I'd say the media is revealing the truer darker side to these arrogant people that speak from one side of their mouths in public and another at home, we were taught in jdub land" make your home a welcome sanctuary a place for your family to look forward to being" How much comfort do you think those children had?

~ Dorothy

• bem
    bem
    Here is what one site had to say about the cause of death:
    Tues Nov 13 2001 10:36:38 LAREE SLACK, 12 - died Sunday of "massive blunt force trauma" Larry and Constance Slack, both 42 - charged with murder ...
    www.cybersleuths.com/news/ 00__2001news/11152001.4252.htm - 28k
  • sf
    sf

Dorothy,

It is up to US to educate the media. It is what I spend a lot of my time trying to do. It's exhaustive. And at times, futile. If the story isn't sensational enough, they simply won't persue it. They state they don't have time to do the massive research it would take to investigate it. It gets very frustrating sending emails, making phone calls and even actually going to the newspaper organization physically and they give all these stupid, ignorant reasons for not covering this lethal organization.

Yet, I keep doing it. And I will not stop because of it. They must become more educated.

It is up to US to accomplish that.

sKally

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

OK I am beginning to be convinced.

Why do so many tragic headlines occur regarding "The happiest people on earth"?

We all know that these are a tiny minority compared to the loving parents that most J W 's are. But if the Watchtower were to be believed there would not be any cases. A reasonable man might concede that there may be one or two cases in a matter of years , due to human imperfection. But So Many??. There was also that awful case in Mexico only recently where a whole family got wiped out . I will always remember the blood stained "Bible Stories Book" in the photo of that case.

Perhaps there is a problem? I am really beginning to think so. Either the teachings are making it happen? Or are they just attracting more than their fair share of psychopathic bullies? I don't know the answer.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I remember seeing my 9 month old son with bruises on his back and legs. When I asked his JW mother what is this she said she 'disciplined' him because Jehovah said parents were to beat their kids. I told her sorry ass that if I ever saw another mark on him or his half-sister I would have DCS on her in a second. Her JW parents abused her and she in turn abuses her offspring. The whole demonised cult is about abuse when looked at with open eyes and minds.Too bad I was still under the influence of the WT kool-aid back then because by doing nothing and being silent I actually condoned it. I often wonder how she disciplines them now other than taking their favorite toys and donating them to Goodwill when they misbehave.

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises
    I'm not sure what happened after that, but the elders were pissed off that she had "brought reproach upon Jehovah's name" by exposing their dirty little secrets. Assholes.

So let me get this straight. You are saying that elders would rather let someone be abused then to damage the jw reputation by reporting the abuse to authorities.

This isn't written anywhere obviously.

How many elders act this way? What percentage would not report the abuse?

I know this is speculation, but how do so many get the message not to report abuse? I know, unwritten rules and all.

CYP

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

I'm still amazed about this story....
    It dawned on me......I and my siblings were ALL abused as kids by our LOVING, JW parents. I have the black eyes in my school photos to prove it. I even had a police file after an emergency room visit - child protection came to visit me. After a few visits, we played "good family", they dropped the case. We moved, and they lost track of me. I made up stories to cover - fell, hit with ball, etc. Plus, my parents "kept me home" from school when the bruises were really bad. None of us were strapped to the bed that I'm aware of, but isn't being slammed to the ground and hit in the face with closed fists out-of-the norm? Gee, maybe I need to get help? My mind is just spinning right now - but I will write on.
    I think some people who come into the JW religion came from a bad family situation. Both my parents were abused by their parents. Thier childhood led them to the WTS touting Paradise and obediance demonstrated through strict compliance with rules and subjection to authority. They could follow the instructions. My parent's abusive background and the WTS's authoritative structure, I think, gave my parents the ammunition to punch, hit with brooms, etc.
    The WTS does not, nor has ever, directly touted beating your child to death. But, they do tout respect for authority, strictness, and compiance with rules. The WTS does not recognize their followers come from bad backgrounds, and need help developing parent skills. Plus, the now "born-again" follower is "perfect" JW - so why deal with his/her nasty past. It's all been fixed by baptism, right?
    Here's the recipe for disaster.
    Followers with bad pasts plus Follower enters Watchtower's authoritative, rule based dogma plus Child obediance -parents, especially fathers, are to be respected plus No psychologists needed, follower is now a "Christian" plus No police reporting
    Equals
    Abused Children
    Beating your children, in the Kingdom Hall or out, is not the way to give them a "witness" of how Jehovah or Jesus would act. It certainly doesn't turn them into devoted followers.
    I heard Pat Robinson speak one morning. He said (something like), "How you see God is how you will treat your family." When you see Jehovah as an authoritative, unforgiving, rule based God, you will treat your family with abuse. When you see Jehovah as forgiving, everending love, you will treat your family with perpetual grace.

Skeeter

• loosie
    loosie

I don't believe in a burning hell...but I wish there was a hell with eternal firey torment for this guy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit