Has anyone else here heard about May 1st and what do you think about it?

by WildHorses 62 Replies latest jw friends

• Crooked Lumpy Vessel
    Crooked Lumpy Vessel

Generally its said that illegal immigrants work for less than minimum wage/under the table for jobs that Americans do not like to do (like picking apples), What will happen if illegals become legal. They will be eligible for minimum wage and benefits. Since minimum wage is consider poverty level, they would then have legal access to welfare benefits.

Look what they did to their own country.

• upside/down
    upside/down

Most "illegals" operate outside of the standard economy...they operate on a CASH basis.

This "second economy" is almost completely seperate from the regular one...

Their "boycott" will only hurt "their" economy....

Stuff like this really pisses me off...the nerve...you're a trespasser and you assemble and picket and threaten to "boycott" in a country where you technically and legally don't belong...Try and pull this shit in Mexico...they'll either deport, imprison or shoot your sorry "illegal" ass!!! http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/MEXICO_MISTREATING_MIGRANTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2006-04-18-18-08-31

Where else but America?

Land of the bend me over and screw me in the ass taxpayer free!

u/d p.s.- I'm just curious...If 12 million Iraqi's landed on our shores... would we grant them all asylum or amnesty? And how is this not an invasion?

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I for one, am glad to see the Hispanics speaking up and making themselves heard. Many immagrants are not more politically active because they come from countries where free speech is not allowed or discouraged. It should be interesting to see the results of their boycott.

EDIT: upside/down - you are one paranoid person. I live in California, we have more Hispanics than the rest of the country combined. We also have more social programs and better public health care than any other state. But our taxes are lower than about 10 other states.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

As far as the illegal immigrants that are already here...do I think we should kick them out?....No...Should they become legalized and pay taxes like the rest of us?....YES!

Both my grandfather and grandmother came over here as immigrants from Mexico, but they did it LEGALLY. Yes...they were poor for awhile...but they weren't as poor as they were in Mexico. They were LEGAL so they both were able to get good jobs doing good, honest work and after a year or so, they were better off than ever.

It pisses me off when I hear these illegal immigrants b*tching about not having fair opportunities and blahblahblah. You know what? Get off your ass, get your citizenship, learn English, and join the rest of us! The only reason you don't have a ''good opportunity and fair wages'' is b/c you can't understand what your supervisor is saying. All you know is that when he points to the lawnmower and that yard over there, you need to go mow the grass!

My grandparents did it back in the 30's in the SOUTH when they were considered to be ''dirtier than the ni**ers down the street'' (direct quote from grandmother). And they did it LEGALLY. Don't tell me it's hard nowadays, b/c I won't believe a damn word you say.

Will this be hard to believe coming from a middle class girl who's half white? Probably...But guess what...My WHITE father, was poorer than my MEXICAN mother when they met! The only reason I'm where I'm at today is b/c my family on my mom AND my dad's side WORKED their asses off, saved and invested their money, started their own businesses, and made a better life for their offspring. I've been dirt poor and I know what it's like...Until my dad earned his own business, we lived off of cornflakes, tomato sandwiches for lunch, and beans, potatoes, and cornbread for supper. Freakin' ground beef was a TREAT!

Meh....this ended up being longer than I planned....In a nutshell, I believe immigrants are fine...just do it LEGALLY, pay taxes, and help our economy. I don't believe in coming and buying a loaf of bread with the money you made tax free...while the guy in the bakery had to give up $100 of his check that he earned making your bread to the goverment.

luv, jojo

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

Kittyeatzdubs.....

You're my HERO !! The Country is finally waking up to what we in Los Angeles have been dealing with the past 10-15 years. You said a mouthfull (good thing). You should go on talk radio, they would LOVE you. Also...what you wrote...send it as a Letter to the Editor...it truly is FABULOUS! and YOU have a right to say those things.

btw.... the May 1st boycott seems to be falling apart at the seams. It's been on the radio all day in L.A. The illegals are rethinking their plans...they think the "gingos" are getting pissed off to where there might be a backlash against their efforts in Congress.

• pmouse
    pmouse

My concern has to do with the fact that these people are illegally coming into the country without proper proof of vaccinations and taking advantage of social service programs that legally working Americans and green card aliens provide via taxes.

Revamping the tax structure would assist, but what happens when diseases previously eradicated in the US start popping up again? How will our hospitals and medicare system cope with the additional strain under an already hemoraging deficit? I believe any person should have the right to come to America. It's what this country was built on, however, the key word here is LEGALLY.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox now. Well, not yet...we can't throw out the ones who are here, but we can stop the influx. Erect barriers and police the borders. One "9/11" is enough. (Flame me if you must) NOW I'm off the soapbox!

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs
    You're my HERO !! The Country is finally waking up to what we in Los Angeles have been dealing with the past 10-15 years. You said a mouthfull (good thing). You should go on talk radio, they would LOVE you. Also...what you wrote...send it as a Letter to the Editor...it truly is FABULOUS! and YOU have a right to say those things.

Thank you....

luv, jojo

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Edited to add: I do not think they should be considered criminals just because they are here illegally

No... I don't either. However, did you know that it IS a FELONY in Mexico to be illegally in the country?

This is really two issues.

1. Border security... Just close the damn border with the military...end of story. They should have done that twenty years ago and we wouldn't be having this problem.

2. What to do with the illegals that are here. This is not easy because there are so many issues involved. Teenagers who are Americans, but whose parents are illegal, Businesses who ignore the laws on the books, our politicans who are corrupt- how to make the new immigration law effective (it didn't work the last time around), the illegal criminals who make up 25% of the jail population in L.A. County, etc, etc, etc.

• upside/down
    upside/down
    EDIT: upside/down - you are one paranoid person. I live in California, we have more Hispanics than the rest of the country combined. We also have more social programs and better public health care than any other state. But our taxes are lower than about 10 other states.

Paranoia? I'm in no way paranoid...

I grew up in El Modena Cali... East Orange Loco's territory... so what!

California my friend is going bankrupt...and businesses are leaving in droves. Better health care my ass... what do you live in BeverlyHills or something? Try downtown Santa Ana...mang...

I lived in Laguna Beach and lived well... Santa Ana is just a stones throw...and lets just say I can buy a .38 or "coke" or "pussy" at anytime down there... it's a rough hood in places. So don't compare your insulated world with the real thing.

"It's not paranoia, when everyone really is out to get you".....lol!

u/d

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Bravo Kitty!

I don't mind people coming here to make a better life, but like you said, do it the legal way. What gets me the most upset is that the ones who are coming here illegally get free heath care and here I am. a citizen and I can't even get health care at a discount. What gives?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit